Online Interview

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Windy Tuna

Online Interview

#1 Post by Windy Tuna »

I'm not sure if this is the right to post this in, but please hear me out. I have a paper to write that relates to a huge project I'm working on for school (and this project is about the only thing endangering me from graduation). My project includes creating a visual novel (which I have never done before) and thus I have to write a research paper including elements of my project. This paper requires many sources, one of which is an interview source (but having more than one interview is a plus).

I'm asking for volunteers on the interviews. I'll be asking about the creation of visual novels themselves (using the Ren'Py), what it feels like, the important parts, ect.. I would also ask questions from the players' view like what they like in a visual novel, what bugs them, favorite parts, preferences, ect.. The interviews would include me sending the interviewee questions and have them answer what they please. This can be done in email, but I can be flexible to other ways of communication.

So if anyone's interested, even in the tiniest of bits, please reply to this topic saying so, message me, or email me at blacksheepetta@gmail.com.
Gah! what do I do, what do I DO???

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Online Interview

#2 Post by PyTom »

I wouldn't mind being interviewed, providing you're willing to do a reasonable job.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by EwanG »

I would also be happy to volunteer as long as I get to see a copy (electronic) of the final paper/project.
Working on something... might even be something good :D

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

As long as you finish the projects and let us see the final result; I don't see why I should reject your request.

Windy Tuna

#5 Post by Windy Tuna »

First of all, thank you all who volunteered! I am truly grateful.
PyTom wrote:I wouldn't mind being interviewed, providing you're willing to do a reasonable job.
I will do my best in both the research paper and the creation of the visual novel. What is your preference to the interview? Email or private messaging?
EwanG wrote:I would also be happy to volunteer as long as I get to see a copy (electronic) of the final paper/project.
After the presentation of my senior project in front of a panel of judges, I will post the finished project here. The finished project would include the research paper and the final product of the project (the visual novel). I am also more than willing to send files of the final draft of the paper and finished product by email, if you want. For the interview, email or private messaging?
LVUER wrote:As long as you finish the projects and let us see the final result; I don't see why I should reject your request.
I have to finish the project if I wish to graduate and I am more than willing to let all who are interested see the final product. After the judging of my project in school, I intend to post here the finished results. So for the interview: Email or private messaging?
Gah! what do I do, what do I DO???

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#6 Post by Vatina »

I can't really volounteer as a maker since I still haven't put out my game yet, but I wouldn't mind being interviewed from a player's point of view in case you still need anyone there.

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by EwanG »

My personal preference is to PM since I know you can read it here, and I suspect that if other folks use that you can keep all your source material in one place. So PM away...
Working on something... might even be something good :D

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#8 Post by LVUER »

I prefer PM.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#9 Post by Vatina »

Oh, I forgot to mention that. PM is fine with me too.