Background Lineart Artist

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Shake0615
Regular

Background Lineart Artist

#1 Post by Shake0615 »

Hello all!

A few friends and I have been working on a project for a little while and we have run into a few snags in the art department. So, I turn to you all for some help!

Is there anyone interested in doing lineart for the backgrounds in the game? There will be quite a few images needed (a preliminary count gave us about 40). We are offering to buy the images since we eventually plan on releasing the game commercially (though we have a pretty tight budget).

Here's a little info on the game:

Synopsis:
In 19th century Mexico, a father-daughter duo of detectives is called to investigate the mysterious murder of a wealthy town official. The circumstances of this man's death imply that an age-old curse has been consummated and it is only a matter of time before the entire town falls victim to the fate of this town official. It is up to you to gather evidence, investigate the suspects and find out the truth behind the murder and the curse!

Genre:
The majority of the game will be in the form of an interactive comic/visual novel but the player controls the flow of the story by visiting different parts of this village and investigating the townsfolk, rather than just making a choice from a list of options on screen.

Progress:
Story*: 100%
Scripting: ~15%
Art: ~35%
Music: ~10%

*The story script was originally written in Spanish and we're in the process of translating it.

If there's anyone interested in helping out or offering job services, let me know!

Spleen et Ideal

Re: Background Lineart Artist

#2 Post by Spleen et Ideal »

Ooh, a murder mystery! The story looks intriguing. I'm interested in doing the background art!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3 Post by LVUER »

40? That awfully a lot! I think even most commercial VN doesn't have that much BGs.

Shake0615
Regular

#4 Post by Shake0615 »

Yeah, it's kind of an ambitious project but we're finding out ways to condense the number of required images to about 25-30. If anyone is interested, just PM me or post some of your works to this thread and we'll get started on it!

Thanks!