[WIP] Cold Breath series (IN NEED OF ARTIST!!!)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Knighty Night
Projects: Cold Breath

[WIP] Cold Breath series (IN NEED OF ARTIST!!!)

#1 Post by Knighty Night »

Our original artist has sadly moved and is unable to work on the project anymore since he only ever drew the characters on paper since he could never afford his own computer. So we are in need of a new artist, if keen please PM my account or post in this thread, thanks. :D

The first episode
To try out the first episode it’s up on the main website: http://www.holyknightstudio.com/downloads.html

Story
The year is 1996. Recent murders have been appearing each month within a small town. With each murder the police hope that there is at least a clue yet in the end there have never been any. All that is known is that for every Tuesday of the first month, a man or woman is found dead with a slit throat. With the deaths appearing for eight months now it’s now been called the ‘monthly curse’.
George, a 35 year old detective has been assigned to this case to find out how all these monthly murders have been happening. With the help of his partner Nigel he hopes to solve the mysteries of all the crimes that have been going on every month.

Characters

George
George is a well known detective that is known to be able to get the job done in finding who the perpetrator is, which makes him a valuable asset to any town and city in the country when a murder takes place.
He is well known for using more common sense than anything else, he is an expert in finding flaws in people’s statement of what happened.
Although he is very talented, he keeps to himself very much, so much so no one even his partner Nigel knows very little about him and his past.

Nigel
Nigel is George’s partner who is a child in a man’s body. He loves to play video games and during work hours he will most likely be playing them over doing proper work. Yet even though he doesn’t work much, he is still an intelligent man who always thinks outside the box when it comes to a case and thinks of ridiculous outcomes, that sometimes funnily enough are true.
Nigel loves his video games, but at the same time enjoys having George as his partner in solving cases, even though George always brings him back to reality a time or two.

May
May is said to be George’s daughter, with her mother being the only woman to have ever gotten close to George and find out more about him then he wanted her to really know. Her mother Margret, just like her is a medium that is able to read the thoughts of a man or woman who had just passed away.
Because of this case, she is able to meet George for the first time, even though George had no idea he had a daughter after Margret vanished after a case George and Margret solved a few years back.
A bright child, she is very interested in her father’s personality and wants to know how he works and wanting to know why he dedicates his life to work in solving cases.

first scene of Episode 2
“Haaa….”
I am breathing heavily, as the cold air goes right through my lungs and out.
Blood is right in front of me as I see a bloody corpse in front of me.
“Haaa….haaa….”
I close my eyes and try to catch everything that has just happened to me.
Even though I am very young I knew exactly what I had just done, and I know that what I have done will never go away from me...
I...am no longer a child.
I will have to live with this for the rest of my life.
But...I am ready for the burden, I could not handle it anymore, something had to happen...
It was my responsibility.
A responsibility that only an adult could handle

“Huh?”
I hear someone knocking on the door.
“W…who…who is it?”
It knocks again.
“Shit, this body…”
I look back and see nothing there.
“…! W…where is it?”
The bloody body that I once saw is not there anymore.
As a matter of fact, the blood is not around at all.
“…..”
Someone knocks the door again.
And again….
And again….
And again….

Progress for Episode 2
Story (Knighty Night) 100%
Art (In need of a new artist): ???
Music (Nicol Armarfi) Not yet started
Backgrounds: 70%

Pics (From Episode 1)
Last edited by Knighty Night on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

Re: [WIP] Cold Breath series (IN NEED OF ARTIST!!!)

#2 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

What are you looking for the artist to make?
Like, how many characters, expressions, do you want CG's, how many CG's, etc.
Is there a deadline? What's the expected delivery date?
Do you want the new art to conform to the old art, or are you okay with a differing style?
Live Life Heroically

Knighty Night
Projects: Cold Breath

Re: [WIP] Cold Breath series (IN NEED OF ARTIST!!!)

#3 Post by Knighty Night »

AllegroDiRossi wrote:What are you looking for the artist to make?
Just the characters.
Like, how many characters, expressions, do you want CG's, how many CG's, etc.
Basically there will be around 10 characters 5 of which have been done already.
I wouldn't mind a fair few expressions though for each of the characters (Besides George)

CG's I'll leave up to the artist really, just like how I am leaving the music and when they should play for Nicol, I would like everyone who is involved in the project to contribute idea's too the project to make it even better then it was before.
Is there a deadline? What's the expected delivery date?
There is really no deadline, I would like to release the second episode as soon as I can since the writing which is being proof read at the moment and most of the backgrounds are done. But the artist can go at a steady pace, there is no BIG rush yet.
Do you want the new art to conform to the old art, or are you okay with a differing style?
The style of drawing I thought about when writing the story is realism, and not so much the characters looking like anime characters, but more of a realistic feel. But there can always be a different style change to it :)

Also update on the main page that I completely forgot :oops:
Character profiles with pics.