Million Little Mistakes

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Million Little Mistakes

#1 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Million Little Mistakes is actually a book written by Heather McElhatton. The thing that interested me about this particular book was that it was a 'Choose your own adventure' book. Aimed at an adult (female) demographic. Yes, there is romance in there too.

It is mostly geared at females since it take the view point of a woman (beware, there are sex scenes, not for the younger ones). The premise is that you win $22 million dollars and you have to decide what you do with it. I really liked the book. I found it to be entertaining and I read all the paths to find out where they ended. Some where sad, some were melancholic, some were funny and some where happy. The endings and paths that you took are sometimes unexpected, but that is one of things I liked about it. You couldn't always predict where you end up. Some of the endings really hit a cord with me and I'm going to remember them for a long time. Your choices effect what happens to your money, your life and your personality and the writer is actually pretty creative with what happens.

Anyway, I thought some people here (mostly the girls) might be interested in it. Most of the negative reviews I have read have come from people who kind of have issues disconnecting from the real world. They didn't like that you only got two choices per decision and the idea of winning the lottery was far fetched. Some had issues with the bad endings, which is sad because the actual path to the endings is still enjoyable despite what happens and some of the endings are really heartwarming. I really liked it anyway and I think people with an interest in paths and different endings may also find it enjoyable.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Million Little Mistakes

#2 Post by LVUER »

Sounds interesting. I'll take a look at it if it ever sold in my local store (I don't want to import books since the tax is crazy here).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#3 Post by Elenakiara »

My mom actually read this once. She really didn't like the fact that the choices she had really didn't match what she would do. xD When she was deciding what to do, she always picked the one she disliked the most.

I'm not too sure that I'd read it myself though...
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#4 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

The main character is definitely different. I wasn't much like her at all, especially when her morale code dropped below the norm (the money corruption). However, I did just accept it, stepped into the shoes of the character and let the stories unfold. While it is told in first person and the questions do ask what 'you' would do, you isn't so much you as the character, which is pretty much already developed. From what I have read though, it doesn't suit some people. Reading tastes differ greatly after all.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I haven't read it yet and i probably won't be able to...unless they'd translate it in japanese and sell it locally(like twilight.... haven'T read it though). the concept choose my own adv intrigues but the mentioning of sexual contents... turned me off :\
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.