[Solved]Qn on creating icon, *Click to Continue indicator*

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
SilentWolfie
Regular

[Solved]Qn on creating icon, *Click to Continue indicator*

#1 Post by SilentWolfie »

The faq/walkthrough in the site probably has the information on how to create something like this... but pardon me for having my eyes swimming in tons and tons of codes information and not finding it. Much appreciated if someone points out on how to to create this particular button (which animates by jumping around a little or something... you will know what I mean if you see fate/stay night or umineko, or even any of the commercial VNs) when all the lines are displayed.

Imo this is REALLLLLLLY important in at least making your VN look a little less amateurish.
Attachments
Query.jpg
Last edited by SilentWolfie on Fri May 20, 2011 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Query on creating icon button...

#2 Post by Aleema »

It's called the Click to Continue indicator, or the CTC. I describe how to customize it in my tutorial here, or you can research it yourself here.

SilentWolfie
Regular

Re: Query on creating icon button...

#3 Post by SilentWolfie »

Thanks for the super swift reply!