Princess Maker

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Princess Maker

#1 Post by ririruetoo »

I've been wanting to play the games for a while now, and supposibly theres a English verison of Princess Maker 2.What are you comments on the series? Like them? Hate them?
Last edited by ririruetoo on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Princess Maker

#2 Post by LVUER »

I don't know where to download it, let alone clean sites that have it. I already have it for so long... But I can tell you that I absolutely love it (and the series, but I only played the second one, since it has the unfinished unreleased English version, which somehow got into the internet ^_^ ). If you like a simulation-raising sim... and a cute daughter, then Princess Maker is the game for you!

There's also a commercial game here, Cute Knight, which is very similar to Princess Maker (but by no means a clone of Princess Maker). It's in English too. So you'll definitely want to try at least the free demo, if you really like Princess Maker series.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#3 Post by Snowflower »

When I was living in Korea, I had couple of Princess Maker games in cds XD
I was lucky enough to get them in Korean (which I understand perfectly since I am one). Because Princess Maker originated from Japan, it's harder for those games to come by in English then Korean translate.

I tried to look the game up online, but I failed miserably. Eh... if my PC was working, I would play them again (but now I have a mac)
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

Princess Maker 3 and 4 was localized into Korea, right?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#5 Post by Snowflower »

I believe so. I have the 3 but my other cd is currently mia (probably somewhere in the house). Since I bought the other one after 3, I'd assume it's 4
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I love Princess Maker Games <3 When I was a kid, my mom sent me 2 princess maker games(I dunno japanese at that time, i was 7 or 8 back then X.X) for ps1(though i play it in ps2); Princess maker 3(?) faery tales do come true;
EDIT: *searches the net* ok, yeah its the 3rd game.
and princess maker pocket daisakusen(I believe the heroines here were the heroines from series 1~3). And, I played princess maker 4 and 5 too(I can play it decently, when i was playing pm 3, i always got nothing but the fairy ending or something cause i just guess the heck of choices there) ^^"
I tried searching for princess maker 2 but damn, no luck.

SUPER EDIT:NOT RELATED ANYMORE, I'm kinda scared after doing this X.X but i really dunno if that was the game, cause it just says princess maker 2 tool, i still edited this for my sanity's sake....

Er, *runs away*
Last edited by OtomeWeekend on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by ririruetoo »

Thanks for the help Otome! Hmm...There is a person selling it on ebay, I suppose I could just buy it...
ImageImageImage

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by OtomeWeekend »

:) no prob. but seriously, I gave up on this game, >.> I believe 2 years ago, I did my best to make it work but no luck, so I threw that idea away and just played the latest one. :P
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#9 Post by Blue Lemma »

Reminder: No linking to pirated software and all that, everyone! It makes Lemma nervous and she can't sleep!

(I didn't remove that link because it merely leads to a Princess Maker 2 tool of some sort - unless the game is less than 20K :p )
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by OtomeWeekend »

*facepalm* I didn't know! <_< well, I'm not sure if its the game too cause it says "tool". And I haven't tried it myself(I gave up on buying or finding princess maker 2 years ago...)

TT_TT just a call of nature but, will i be banned!? TT_TT *runs away*

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by ririruetoo »

Don't worry Otome! I didn't know that either! I'll change the message right now!
ImageImageImage

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#12 Post by papillon »

If you see anyone seling princess maker 2 english on ebay, DON'T buy it. There is no official English version, but there have been known cases of people burning the sort-of-abandonware PM2 Beta onto discs and selling that for high prices, leaving the customer rather annoyed when they realise they've paid for nothing but a buggy half-finished product that is not any more legal than it would have been if they'd just downloaded it.

I have the PM collection (games 1-5 on CD in Japanese) but it's been a long time since I've done much with it.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by ririruetoo »

I know, but I was thinking of buying the Japanese versions of 2 or any of the others.
ImageImageImage

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#14 Post by Taleweaver »

Blue Lemma wrote:Reminder: No linking to pirated software and all that, everyone! It makes Lemma nervous and she can't sleep!

(I didn't remove that link because it merely leads to a Princess Maker 2 tool of some sort - unless the game is less than 20K :p )
I believe Princess Maker 2 isn't pirated... more like legitimate abandonware. At least that's what Abandonia claims.
Last edited by Taleweaver on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by OtomeWeekend »

er, yeah, I was mentioning it too in my earlier post.lol The wiki also says its an abandonware but let me be the me who is honest but i don't really understand the word "abandonware" so just to play safe, I removed the link afterall X.X