Script for Credits? (sort of solved)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Script for Credits? (sort of solved)

#1 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I'm not quite sure how to script in credits in Ren'Py. Is it possible? What I'm describing is some sort of scrolling text at the end of the story. (Also interested in making it accessible in the menu.)

Thanks in advance for any help. ^^

Ah, well SvenTheViking is willing to help me do it, but I wonder if there's an easy tutorial. I'm not very good. ^^;
So far, all I have is this (which one day I hope to understand) http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/ref ... n_Language
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Script for Credits? (sort of solved)

#2 Post by DaFool »

Code: Select all

label credits:
    $ _game_menu_screen = None
    show text ("{size=80}Credits\n\n{size=40}Artist and Musician\n{size=60}DaFool\n\n{size=40}Sound FX\n{size=60}ERH (freesound.org)\n\n{size=40}Art Resources\n{size=60}morguefile.com\n\n{size=40}Title Screen Image derived from Aztec Calendar by\n{size=60}Keepscases (wikipedia.org)\n\n{size=40}Inspired by\n{size=60}Kino no Tabi - the Beautiful World\n{size=40}written by\n{size=60}Keiichi Sigsawa\n\n{size=40}Written and directed by\n{size=60}Taleweaver\n\n{size=40}Ren'Py 6.13.7 by\n{size=60}Py'Tom\n\n{size=40}This game is protected under Creative Commons License\n{size=60}BY-NC-SA\n\n{size=20}This work is a piece of fiction. Any semblance to people, places, religions or incidents – real or otherwise – is probably intentional.{size=40}\n\n\nA Tall Tales Production\n\nMMXI") at Move((0.5, 4.0), (0.5, 0.0), 75.0, repeat=False, bounce=False, xanchor="center", yanchor="bottom")
    with Pause(75.0)
    show text ("{size=80}Thank you for playing!") with dissolve
    with Pause(3.5)
    $ _game_menu_screen = "save"

EriksBlue
Regular
Projects: Torn Apart

Re: Script for Credits? (sort of solved)

#3 Post by EriksBlue »

DaFool wrote:

Code: Select all

label credits:
    $ _game_menu_screen = None
    show text ("{size=80}Credits\n\n{size=40}Artist and Musician\n{size=60}DaFool\n\n{size=40}Sound FX\n{size=60}ERH (freesound.org)\n\n{size=40}Art Resources\n{size=60}morguefile.com\n\n{size=40}Title Screen Image derived from Aztec Calendar by\n{size=60}Keepscases (wikipedia.org)\n\n{size=40}Inspired by\n{size=60}Kino no Tabi - the Beautiful World\n{size=40}written by\n{size=60}Keiichi Sigsawa\n\n{size=40}Written and directed by\n{size=60}Taleweaver\n\n{size=40}Ren'Py 6.13.7 by\n{size=60}Py'Tom\n\n{size=40}This game is protected under Creative Commons License\n{size=60}BY-NC-SA\n\n{size=20}This work is a piece of fiction. Any semblance to people, places, religions or incidents – real or otherwise – is probably intentional.{size=40}\n\n\nA Tall Tales Production\n\nMMXI") at Move((0.5, 4.0), (0.5, 0.0), 75.0, repeat=False, bounce=False, xanchor="center", yanchor="bottom")
    with Pause(75.0)
    show text ("{size=80}Thank you for playing!") with dissolve
    with Pause(3.5)
    $ _game_menu_screen = "save"
How would I change this if I wanted to add a few background images?