Tokusatsu: Power Rangers, Super Sentai, & Kamen Rider

For the rest of your otaku life.
CainVoorhees
Regular
Soundcloud: peterjiangvo

Tokusatsu: Power Rangers, Super Sentai, & Kamen Rider

#1 Post by CainVoorhees »

I hope I'm not the only fan of these particular shows.

Power Rangers Megaforce just aired on Nickelodeon this past weekend and they're celebrating the 20th anniversary of Power Rangers. I'm particularly optimistic about this season and will be looking forward to the second season for veteran ranger appearances.

Favorite Toku heroes are Jungle Fury Red/GekiRed (I cosplay him), Kamen Rider Meteor, and Kamen Rider OOO. If you're familiar with any of the franchises, who are your favorite characters? Favorite TV series?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Tokusatsu: Power Rangers, Super Sentai, & Kamen Rider

#2 Post by LVUER »

I prefer Super Sentai series over the Power Rangers one. I can't even stand to watch more recent Power Rangers at all (the Original Power Rangers are still ok). Call me purist... I love Kamen Rider too. And speaking of Tokusatsu, I also like Ultraman and Space Sheriff series.

My most favorite Super Sentai is Kyuu Kyuu Sentai GoGoV. No doubt about it. While my most favorite Kamen Rider... Hmmm, I don't know? I think they are all different. So different that I can't really decide.

Perhaps Kamen Rider Double? At first I hate it, but as the show goes on, I'm growing to like both of the protagonist (and Kamen Rider Joker is so cool). I also like Kamen Rider Kuuga, too bad the finale is very disappointing. I like Kamen Rider G series (G3/G3X/G4) only because it's the only Powered Suit Kamen Rider (and use BFG).

The last Kamen Rider that I can stand is Kamen Rider Oz (OOO). The medal concept is cool and the transformation combination is enormous. I can't really stand Kamen Rider Fourze (I only watched 2 episodes). My bro have all since he is a Tokusatsu mania... perhaps I'm going to watch the rest sometime later. Kamen Rider Wizard is so-so, but I just can't see it as a Kamen Rider. He is too different from a rider.

I watch all Super Sentai TV shows, but I miss the Jyuken (since I don't like it at all) and Go-Onger (kinda busy that year). I also miss the later half of Gokaiger (again, busy RL is to blame) all the way to Go-Buster. I'm not afraid though, since my bro have them all. I can watch them anytime I want later ;P
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

CainVoorhees
Regular

#3 Post by CainVoorhees »

I don't particularly like the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers as much as more recent ones. Minority opinion here. The acting and writing were much more horrendous then those of recent years (again, Samurai being an exception). Don't get me wrong, I still like them (Hell, I even went out of my way to meet Jason David Frank and Johnny Yong Bosch; even have JDF's autograph) - but mostly because of how I felt as a child watching them. With this difference in mind, I had to look at the show again as an adult and as an adult, I don't like Mighty Morphin'.

I personally liked Gekiranger because of the martial arts references they made and the villains they used were just well written. The animal mentors were silly, but it didn't disrupt the story too much. Jan(Red) is definitely annoying at first, but he just grew on me and now I cosplay his ranger form (whoo!).

Kamen Rider: I've watched all of Ryuki, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, Double/W, OOO, Fourze, and what has come out from Wizard so far.
Sentai: I've watched all of Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Gobusters(so far), and am working on Goseiger.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

You still haven't watched Kuuga? You definitely need to see it since Kuuga is the one that form the basis for all Heisei Rider. The story is serious and well-thought, they even make a new language solely for this show.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

CainVoorhees
Regular

#5 Post by CainVoorhees »

I've watched the first two episodes so far and I like it so far. I'm eventually going to watch all of the Heisei riders.