Nanoha Haruhi STG

For the rest of your otaku life.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Nanoha Haruhi STG

#1 Post by DaFool »

Nanoha / Haruhi Doujin STG game

Being torrented you-know-where...

Just wondering if anyone has any further info before potentially wasting my precious bandwidth on this.

What's an STG anyway? Thanks.

Misuzu
Regular

#2 Post by Misuzu »

Nanoha.... Haruhi? =o....
That sounds like a really odd combo.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#3 Post by lordcloudx »

stg= shooting game? I think. Doujin shooters are always good for about 10 minutes till you figure out you can't get past level 4
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Misuzu
Regular

#4 Post by Misuzu »

Magical Lyrical KILLING SPREE~~~~

.... gameover

(wow... that sucked T_T)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by DaFool »

So 400mb for 10 minutes of entertainment?

Good lord...

we can beat those jps yet, we have barely begun...

Misuzu
Regular

#6 Post by Misuzu »

DaFool wrote:we can beat those jps yet, we have barely begun...
I think someone is on a crusade =o...
now we just need to get someone to make a VN/shooter hybrid! Wonder if Ren'Py could do that =o....

For the record though, I find Japanese shooters to be very entertaining and get a lot more then 10 minutes of enjoyment out of them, even though some of them are insanely hard ;-;.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#7 Post by F.I.A »

A part of me think that it is a work of Itsumono. So I guess you will need the gut to go through any possible events.

Japanese STGs are hard in majority for me(Or that I am a bad pilot). Then again, it is always the burning vigor that drives me to retry beating certain bosses, since the taste of victory is sweet. :)

@ Misuzu: All I want is either a SRW or fighting game element VNs.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by monele »

All I want is either a SRW or fighting game element VNs.
So it's more of "another kind of game" but with added VN story sections? (SRW is just that, a tactical RPG with VN intermissions). Guilty Gear X Reload also has a story mode with a VN mode in-between fights.

Jake
Support Hero

#9 Post by Jake »

monele wrote:Guilty Gear X Reload also has a story mode with a VN mode in-between fights.
Mmm... but as much as I love Guilty Gear, it's pretty generous to call those sections 'VN mode'. ;-)

The old Streetfighter games did a similar thing, it's not a new thing as far as fighting games go. Off the top of my head Streetfighter Alpha 3 had even more of that kind of thing than any of the GG games, with several characters having extensive ending scenes with lots of non-game-use sprites and animation... but I still wouldn't call them in any way 'VNs'. The story in those games is an excuse for the fighting, rather than a point in and of itself.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#10 Post by F.I.A »

monele wrote:
All I want is either a SRW or fighting game element VNs.
So it's more of "another kind of game" but with added VN story sections? (SRW is just that, a tactical RPG with VN intermissions). Guilty Gear X Reload also has a story mode with a VN mode in-between fights.
Jake wrote: Mmm... but as much as I love Guilty Gear, it's pretty generous to call those sections 'VN mode'. ;-)

The old Streetfighter games did a similar thing, it's not a new thing as far as fighting games go. Off the top of my head Streetfighter Alpha 3 had even more of that kind of thing than any of the GG games, with several characters having extensive ending scenes with lots of non-game-use sprites and animation... but I still wouldn't call them in any way 'VNs'. The story in those games is an excuse for the fighting, rather than a point in and of itself.
Hmm...

Code: Select all

menu:
    "Who should I talk to?"
    "Dizzy":
        "She is kind of cute, but those wings might get in the way."
    "May":
        "Hmm. I don't think I do kids."
    "Millia":
        "Oh dear, there she goes again with her hair all stood up. What a waste of a beaut."
    "Bridget":
        "... What the heck am I thinking?"
    "Jam":
        "She got nice legs. I'll give her that."
    "Zappa":
        "... Why is the ghost behind him eyeing on me like I owed her something?"
    "I-no":
        "All red and stuff. Is she his friend or something? Then again, I swear I saw those br... uh, eyes before."
Let's see who can guess the guy involved.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by lordcloudx »

Misuzu wrote: For the record though, I find Japanese shooters to be very entertaining and get a lot more then 10 minutes of enjoyment out of them, even though some of them are insanely hard ;-;.
Actually, I like em too, it's just that there are so many of em on my hard drive right now that I can only pay attention to one for ten minutes (about the time it takes me to get a game over) coz many of them have faster moving bullets and hair trigger collision detection.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by monele »

FIA : Sounds like Axl Low :). I would have said Johnny at first but he wouldn't say that for May.

Jake : Mmm, yeah, I meant that it had a similar interface. Depth of story not included :)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by lordcloudx »

Anyone play blood over? It had a nice vn interface which I stole for binary hearts.

Jake
Support Hero

#14 Post by Jake »

monele wrote:Jake : Mmm, yeah, I meant that it had a similar interface. Depth of story not included :)
The Nippon Ichi 'Tactical RPG's (Disgaea, Phantom Brave, etc.) also often have little VN-style conversations between plot battles, but again they're more akin to the ones in the fighting games mentioned.

Mmm... off the top of my head, the Front Mission games had a similar thing, didn't it? Possibly more so, I seem to remember multiple storylines on at least one of them. Also: Mecha!
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Misuzu
Regular

#15 Post by Misuzu »

F.I.A wrote:@ Misuzu: All I want is either a SRW or fighting game element VNs.
[/size]
We're forgetting the king of VN/Fighting Hybrids! Melty Blood!

Now that you may actual debate whether the point was to play a fighting game or read a story because it is a true extension of Tsukihime, and its got the script to back it up.