Hotel Geist Recruitment (CLOSED)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
FrozenApple66
Regular
Projects: Lunescara (Hiatus) The Cottage (NaNo16)
Organization: Pink Squirrel Games

Hotel Geist Recruitment (CLOSED)

#1 Post by FrozenApple66 »

Hi~! Urgh, I've been all over these forums for the past few days... I'm sorry if it appears as though I am spamming, I'm just very excited because I have been able to churn out a lot of progress for my VN in a relatively quick amount of time. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope to get someone interested in my project.

What is my project?

My project is an otome visual novel that centers around ghost stories. It is called Hotel Geist. The WIP thread can be found here.http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=23340 I'll answer any questions you have, however, if it is something specific to the plot/characters I would like it if you ask in the WIP thread or send me a PM. (Don't want to spoil the story now do we?)

What is the current status of my project? (Updated weekly)

I feel comfortable with all of my character designs, all of which are not posted yet. I also have all of my BGs and even a couple CGs drawn. As for the story itself, I have an detailed outline (in hand-written form) for the entire game and the first chapter written out into a full script (in a Word document). I have not coded anything into renpy yet outside of testing dialogue box placement and other game formatting things I wanted to mess around with.

What am I looking for?

Proofreaders and possibly a CG artist (I have a potential sprite artist and don't want to burden her with too much work)
As a proof-reader you can take more than one chapter, however I want more than one person to look over each chapter.

Sprite Artist: (TAKEN)
1. Meg`

CG Artist: (TAKEN)
1. Meg`

Proofreading spots:
Chapter 1: TAKEN (Flowers from Nowhere and AlgaeDrone)
Chapter 2: TAKEN (Anomandaris and arietta)
Chapter 3: OPEN
*Laurent's Path (NeoAngelique)
*Will's Path (AoyamaReika)
*Robby's Path (inujuju)
*Marcus' Path (NeoAngelique)
Chapter 4: OPEN
*Laurent's Path (NeoAngelique)
*Will's Path (AoyamaReika)
*Robby's Path (inujuju)
*Marcus' Path (NeoAngelique)

Plot Consultants:
1. AlgaeDrone
2. Anomandaris

Co-Coder: (TAKEN)
1. DragoonHP

What will I do?

It would be unfair of me to expect people to do a ton of work and then for me to do nothing. I will write the story, do the all of the coding (unless there is something I am stuck on), draw/edit the /BG/CG, collect a soundtrack and compile the final demo/game.

What can I give you?

You will be listed as a creator of my game and your name will appear in my credit's section. My game is meant to be free thus I cannot pay for any help I receive. I hope this is not a turn off for people. Let me know if I am asking too much...
Last edited by FrozenApple66 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:15 am, edited 10 times in total.

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

Re: Hotel Geist Recruitment (Editor/Co-Coder)

#2 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

How long is your game? What kind of time commitment would helping with it be?

FrozenApple66
Regular

Re: Hotel Geist Recruitment (Editor/Co-Coder)

#3 Post by FrozenApple66 »

Right now it sits at around 5,000 words. But that is just the first chapter. I would assign one chapter at a time and I would break it up even more if I got more people to help out. From the time I email the chapter script, I would like to have it back within a month. Is that too short of a time line?

inujuju
Projects: Mihoka, Femme Mansion

Re: Hotel Geist Recruitment (Still Looking...)

#4 Post by inujuju »

I would be more than happy to help you with any editing on any chapters you need! In other words you can sign me up for all of them or none, counting on how you feel about working with me.

Strengths
Dialog: As long as we don't get to sappy I'm feel that I can help edit conversations into believable ones that are as true to grammar as possible (first language English speakers tend to speak in fragments while second+ language speakers speak with full sentences).

Atmosphere: I have a good understanding of setting the atmosphere for horror novels/games. While I'm not sure if horror is a main genre as a "ghost story" atmosphere will definitely be expected.

Weaknesses
Comedy: I'm afraid that comedy is not my strong suit as I am personally not a fan of it. As a result I would like to request not to used on Will's story as I trust he will have more jokes on his end.

Flowery Description: I do favour the novel part of visual novel and thus will prefer more description if I feel the pictures are not adequate enough to set up the idea.

I would also like to ask if I could be a plot consultant. I feel that this is a story that resonates with me well because it bares resemblance to some of my favorite horror games. Again I don't know if this is suppose to be horror but I can curve myself if needed!

Available and Contact
If you choose to place me on the team I would like you to know that I am in university and thus have a very strict schedule during the weekdays. I am free on the weekends and am willing to make time during the week if needed (also fall break is coming up so I will have some extra time on my hands soon). If you would like to communicate outside of the forum I do have an e-mail and skype account that I wouldn't mind sharing with you over PM.

Best of luck!

NeoAngelique
Regular

Re: Hotel Geist Recruitment (Still Looking...)

#5 Post by NeoAngelique »

I can help you with proofreading if you wish. I can proofread at least 4 of them.

FrozenApple66
Regular

Re: Hotel Geist Recruitment (CLOSED)

#6 Post by FrozenApple66 »

This thread is closed for the time being~! I think I have enough people helping.

NeoAngelique
Regular

#7 Post by NeoAngelique »

The spelling is 'NeoAngelique' not 'NeoAngelic'. Please check your spelling.

FrozenApple66
Regular

#8 Post by FrozenApple66 »

I have changed the spelling. Sorry for the mistake.

NeoAngelique
Regular

#9 Post by NeoAngelique »

Thank you very much (^_^)