Novice Game Designer - Free or Paid Work

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Arcthos_the_Arcane
Organization: WAR Entertainment

Novice Game Designer - Free or Paid Work

#1 Post by Arcthos_the_Arcane »

Hello everyone :) I was directed here by my girlfriend to look for some freelance work doing game design. First, I'll explain a bit of what I can do:

Game Design and Balance: I say I'm a novice here because most of my knowledge is self-taught, without any "official" documentation. I've been assisting a couple of my friends in designing a tabletop RPG system for about a year now, and in an effort to improve my skills I've taken a couple of online courses on the subject of designing well-balanced games. I tend to be the numbers guy, so if you want any statistics or metrics analyzed I would be more than happy to help. Example: Collecting player feedback from a demo and breaking down the data to identify areas for improvement. I can also help tweak your gameplay ideas/concepts and set up player reward schedules (by which I mean identifying key places to give players achievements/items/other progression rewards).

Side Skills

Programming: While I haven't done anything with ren'py, I have done some programming utilizing pygame. While I would have to brush up a bit on my skills as well as explore the ren'py engine more fully (something I'll start doing this upcoming week), if you need someone to take a look at some code I'd be happy to assist in whatever way I can.

Editing: I can edit grammar and awkward sounding sentences (unless that's how your character happens to speak, of course).

Like I said in the title, I am willing to take on either free or paid work. I am happy to be brought on board for any combination of my skills, even if the main one isn't included. This applies to both commercial and non-commercial projects. Paid is always preferable, but as somewhat of an untested element I'm mostly looking for a project that I've worked on to be finished and released.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post :) If you'd like to know anything else just ask here. PM me if you think you're interested in working together.

EricAve

Re: Novice Game Designer - Free or Paid Work

#2 Post by EricAve »

Hi

Please contact me on ericavenue8@gmail.com

Thanks

Akihiko Takeshi
Projects: 4Friends

#3 Post by Akihiko Takeshi »

Hi! Please email me at akihikotakeshi62@gmail.com

Arcthos_the_Arcane
Organization: WAR Entertainment

#4 Post by Arcthos_the_Arcane »

My deepest apologies to everyone who posted here asking for me to contact them. I thought I would receive email notification when replies were posted to my topic (I do receive them for pms, but I hadn't seen any others), and as I had not visited the boards in some time I had no idea people were replying. I will be sure to contact everyone on the off chance you still need assistance. Once again, very sorry for my error. I'll be sure to keep a closer eye here in the future.