Stopping user input

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
lonewolf

Stopping user input

#1 Post by lonewolf »

Hi I'm currently working on a remake for Snatcher... you can see early shots at:

http://idendenied.deviantart.com/

Anyway my question is how to stop user/player input.

I've finished several scenes that for example do this -:

Show image
play sound wait 5 seconds
next scene

Now this works as long as the player doesn't click (if they do it jumps to the next scene), I'd like to make such scenes block all user input so that they can't skip over the scene, however I'm not sure on how to do this :oops:

Is it possible to do ?

Thanks in advance :D

valeatory
Regular
Projects: Nightglove Institute, Monstrata Fracture
Organization: Astralore Games
Tumblr: valeatory
itch: astralore

Re: Stopping user input

#2 Post by valeatory »

umm.... well, I'm not the best at programming, and I'm not quite sure exactly what you want, but

renpy.pause(5.0, hard=True)

will prevent the user from clicking through. However, if you put it after some things, like a Gillian saying something, what he's saying will go away before the no-click period.
Nightglove Institute - Kidnapped students, forced to train to be secret agents and assassins!
Monstrata Fracture - Date cute monsters! But will you risk destabilizing the human plane of existence?

lonewolf

Re: Stopping user input

#3 Post by lonewolf »

Fantastic ! :D very big thanks for your help :)

Code: Select all

$ renpy.pause(6, hard=True)
works perfect.