Owl's Roost (WIP/Idea Storage)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

Owl's Roost (WIP/Idea Storage)

#1 Post by pyopyon »

I saw a few of these types of threads... and I think it's a great idea... so here I am.... yeah....

NOTES
  • working on all of these in some capacity ^__^;;
  • they each have at least 10k words poured into them! ^^
  • as I complete them, I'll delete the idea post and add the link.
  • these are all my ideas... I know you can't technically *claim* an idea but.... technically they're WIPs, so please don't be That Guy.
  • Feel free to give me your opinion on these ideas! Which ones you like, or you'd like to see get made... things like that.
WIP OTOMES/VISUAL NOVELS. Click to be taken to the post!

0. Catching the Fox (slice of life, comedy, romance)
1. Ocean Pearls (fantasy, comedy, romance)
2. Wanderlust (original faerietale, friendship)
3. Æterna Dreams (science fantasy, adventure, romance) SCRAPPED
4. Of Ice & Snow [COMPLETE]
5. Princess of Yllei (medieval fantasy, romance)
6. Pairs (romcom)

And now onto the descriptions!

Man, it would be cool if these gradually got completed one by one.
Last edited by pyopyon on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

pyopyon
Veteran

Re: Owl's Roost (WIP/Idea Storage)

#2 Post by pyopyon »

This is the description of my NaNoReNo, Catching the Fox. The thread for it is [here]. This thread will reveal a bit more about the extra staff members not in the NaNoReNo Edition!
Team:
writer: owl. (me!)
GUI/BG/assets artist: 13
programmer: lets_try_it
sprite artist: Jen

Wish us well! ^^
NANORENO2016: Catching the Fox

[imagine a cool logo right here that I can't have made until March 01]
BASIC PLOT

Simone West's* [*name can be changed] life is almost perfect. She's got great friends and a job she loves; the only thing left is the perfect man, and since he doesn't exist she'll settle for Solomon Fox, a senior editor for international mens' fashion magazine Suit & Tie. She's had her eye on him since she met him an intern three years ago and she's finally in the perfect position to get in his good graces when she gets promoted executive secretary for his office!

Her best friend's wedding fast approaching, Simone doesn't have a date but she does have a plan; she's got two weeks to catch the Fox!

GAMEPLAY
A stat-raiser, but I really want this to be an experimental game. I like to scour the cookbook for fun stuff to throw in and I have three main elements that I wanted to play with, but primarily the simple message/ emailing system (especially the draft function) which I found [here]. It's seriously perfect for an office romance game!

CHARACTERS

Simone West. -- [First & Last Name Changeable.] The main character. Good at her job, she actually loves fashion a lot but don't have much artistic skill so she's settled for working for a fashion magazine. She has a pretty good eye, and enjoys organizing things nearly as much as she likes sitting on her couch watching episodes of Project Runway.

Solomon Fox. -- Simone's boss and the apple of her eye. Well dressed, and easy on the eye. He's smooth, gentleman-like and stylish. He's taken notice of your hard work and was lucky enough to secure you in his department. Don't show him wrong!

Milo Phillips. -- Rival. Major douchebag. He dumped his work off on you and treats you like a coffee fetcher who hasn't earned her place at Suit & Tie. Tell him to stick it, will you?

Joel Cabrera. -- Useless. How did he get into this company?! He's not assertive at all and his proposals are often full of typos, but... his coffee tastes amazing and he makes slammin' sandwiches (don't tell him you've been eating his lunch out the fridge, though.) You (might) end up being a Lady-in-Shining Armor considering how much help he needs to make it through the day.

Trina Luong. -- Best friend. She's engaged so she's been crazy busy, but you guys still hang out on the weekends and email each other. Receptionist at a spa and expert gossiper.
Additional Staff:
Pierre Gachet. -- A designer who doesn’t really want to be there. Actually, he’s tired of the cutthroat fashion world and wants to retire to become a cake designer. You bond in the coffee break room because he’s also a fan of Joel’s coffee. If you get fired at the end of week one, you meet Pierre, who asks you if you would like to work for him…? Otherwise, the full route end you take him as a date to Trina’s wedding and discuss opening a cake shop together.

Prince Diallo. -- An ambitious photographer who was sniped from another company. Prince is determined to make a name for himself at Suit & Tie. Working in the mens' fashion field, he's both surprised and curious about you and your work ethic. Prince and Pierre generally argue about fashion politics (in French.) They went to the same design school in Paris.

Edison Huang. -- He's an amazing editor but he never remembers your name. Even though Edison's not very chatty, what he does say is really helpful and he always seems to be at the right place at the right time. Rumors (Trina) say he got into the company because he's related to the CEO but it's probably just a rumor. Where does Trina get this stuff anyway?
Last edited by pyopyon on Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran

#3 Post by pyopyon »

My main long term project, Ocean Pearls. The thread for it is [here].

Ocean Pearls

[logo made by ds-sans]
BASIC PLOT

Nova never thought she would return to Stonewater after her grandmother passed away three years ago-- but when she inherits the home she spent her summers in as a child, Nova finds herself returning to the small beach town.

Mysteries abound when she discovers a mysterious chest in the house containing five intricately carved frosted glass spheres and a letter from her grandmother telling her to break open her happiness.

​She didn't understand at first...

But everything changed when she fell into the ocean.
ABOUT.

So... the titular Ocean Pearls are glass spheres that encase a piece of jewelry and are the equivalent of engagement ring cases. They're presented to the object of one's affection who then shatters it to symbolize the last barrier between a couple breaking. By breaking them open, you bind yourself to the person who is proposing with them.

These particular pearls that Nova breaks (accidentally) are the property of ocean royalty.

Basically you're romancing mer-kings.

Yep.
GAMEPLAY.
The game is split into chapters. There's ten chapters per route and one ending chapter, with three types of endings depending on your choices. Best ending, good ending, and bad ending.

MAIN CHARACTER.

Image yet not available
Nova is our darling heroine, a sculptor who used to live in Stonewater, a beach town, every summer as a child. She handles things with comedy, and sometimes by laughing outright in people's faces when they give her shocking news. (It's a bad habit.)

Nova was very close to her grandmother, Abigail, even though she was a largely mysterious figure in her life. When she inherits the mysterious glass orbs, or ocean pearls, Nova realizes neither the origin nor the significance of the pearls, much less where her grandmother got them from.

It is a mystery. (For now, anyway.)

LOVE INTERESTS.
In a series of (unforunate?) events, Nova can end up accidentally engaged to one of these guys.

Images not yet available.
Lemos. [ROUTE COMPLETE] Imperial King of the Allied Pacific Kingdoms, which consist of the North and South Pacific territories. Logical and dry-witted, Lemos is pleasantly surprised at Nova's resourcefulness considering his largely impatient personality. Has a tendency of taking shortcuts when he can, even in eating, in order to save on time so he can spend it with his most important person: his young daughter. Because of his previously failed marriage, Lemos feels that he is not cut out for relationships. He blames his deteriorated relationship with his ex-wife and the former queen a massive failure on his own part (and... he's not totally wrong on that point.)

Isven. King of the Arctic Ocean. Though officially the king, it's only in title. Truly Isven is the king of unbridled apathy. There's some civil unrest over the perceived (somewhat true) disinterest of their king in political affairs, but most don't express it because the Kingdom's infrastructure is quite good. Additionally, Isven has managed to maintain Arctic independence from the Atlantic Ocean. That said, he's not much loved by the Arctic people either who would prefer a much more approachable head of state. With the right revolutionary, Isven could be overthrown at a moment's notice.

Soh. Imperial King of the Unified Atlantic Kingdom. A great king, Soh is greatly loved for his dedication to the kingdom. Despite him being a great king, as a person, he is somewhat lacking as he only truly respects strength and generally looks down on that which he deems weak and inefficient. He's not above scheming to get out of doing things that displease him, but is surprisingly strict about traditionalism and abides by his kingdom's ancient rules because he feels their longevity is proof that they should be obeyed. The youngest king, but the second largest territory, he has a lot of growing to do, quite honestly.

Percival. King of the Southern Ocean. Once, somehow, acquainted with Abigail, Nova's deceased grandmother, who called him 'Percy' as his human alias. They seem to have had a complex relationship that has left him full of regrets. Once suffered from a crippling lack of self-esteem coupled with guilt over his actions, Percy is the most compassionate towards humans since he's spent the most time with them. He once considered running away from his duties as king when he was a young prince and was largely a coward in his youth, but his encounters and relationship with Abigail has changed him for the better. Brave and upstanding, Percy always keeps his promises and always stands up for what's right.

Indi. The jovial king of the Indian Ocean territory. Has an explicit interest in human culture and finds them quite interesting (...or amusing.) Although Indi is an open person, he is the only one who refuses to reveal his name.. not really because it's a secret though. Nova coins the nickname 'Indi', short for 'Indian Ocean', at his request because he finds it amusing that there are human names for his territory despite most surface people being unaware of his sea people's existence. His best ending is the only one where he tells you name.

POSSIBLE LOVE INTERESTS.
These guys don't have the same circumstance as the above five. Nova can't get accidentally engaged to them, but they do (maybe) have routes.
Koh. South Atlantic Imperial Prince. The younger twin brother of Soh, Koh has a strong inferiority complex when it comes to his brother. He and Nova (MC) were once childhood friends, though at the time Nova was not aware that Koh was not human. Harbors feelings for Nova but doesn't act on them because she's engaged to his brother (and because of his inferiority complex.)

Unnamed. North Pacific Imperial Prince and a North Pacific Diplomat. The Pacific Clans warred a long time ago and came to a peace treaty detailing a peaceful turning over of rulership to the other Clan every hundred years. Currently, as ruler of the South Pacific, Lemos is in power. When the power changes hands at the conclusion of the hundred years, the Imperial North Pacific Prince will rule and Lemos will become an Imperial South Pacific Prince. He has no personality, name, or plot.

OTHER CHARACTERS

Ahtia. -- The viceroy for Isven, the Arctic King. Just barely keeps the Kingdom together. He plots (with Nova's knowledge) to present the present engagement as a real one to convince the people that their king doesn't suck. Specifically, to present the image that their king is head over heels in love with Nova and therefore isn't as heartless as they think.

Nadai. -- Lemos' four year old daughter. She likes eels and other small creatures, but her Daddy says she's too young to have one. Likes to try new things. Her parents are separated and she rarely sees her mother.

IMPORTANT HUMAN CHARACTERS

Abigail. The catalyst for the story and Nova's grandmother. Original collector of the ocean pearls, how she obtains them is revealed over the course of each storyline. As of the beginning of Ocean Pearls, Abigail is deceased.

Alessandra. A childhood friend from Stonewater.

Pietro. Another catalyst for the story and Alessandra's grandfather. Old friends with Abigail, he takes a fatherly interest in Nova and attempts to secure her future by leaving her a house, specifically her rented childhood residence in Stonewater which he owned.
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran

#4 Post by pyopyon »

This is a project for my never posted NaNoReNo2014. I never made a thread for it though... Haha. It was a writing collaboration between myself and KingOliver but we never got artists so it died. Hahaha. The VN writer's plight!

I finished designing the GUI and everything.........

Wanderlust

[imagine a cool logo right here]
BASIC PLOT

a lone seedling blooms after a terrible storm
far away from home, she can only wonder at the type of flower she is
so she goes on a journey to find out

GAMEPLAY
A simple KN novel about a flower girl's journey through a garden. I want to finish this and I'm getting sprites soon! I would like to make it a VN with choices so some re-writing is due.

CHARACTERS

art by shortycake

Seedling the ???. -- An optimistic plant-girl who blooms alone in a garden. Having no people around her to tell her what sort of flower she is, she names herself Seedling and sets off on a journey to find the place where she belongs.
Jonquille the Daffodil. -- Haughty and proud, Jonquille loves the fact that he is a daffodil and constantly mentions this at any opportune time. Because of his deeply intrenched belief in the ideals of chivalry, he doesn't understand why the daffodils reject Seedling, and chooses to accompany her for a taste of adventure.
Venus the Venus Fly Trap. -- A venus fly trap-herdess who comes from a isolated village. Despite her calm, cool exterior, Venus is pure heart with a very genuine outlook on love and friendship which contrasts the very grandiose chivalry of Jonquille. She doesn't talk much, and her inquisitive nature makes her tag along on the adventure. She may be nervous about embarking on a journey with people she isn't terribly close to, but the opportunities provided from such a journey are too much for her to turn away.
Aerus the Wind. -- Deliverer of wind, Aerus is a very caring soul who has the capacity to feel compassion even for total strangers. Because he is both intelligent and analytical, he is often being able to step back from any given problem or situation and look at it from different perspectives. Takes an interest in Seedling for some reason. Most often the voice of reason in any given situation.
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran

#5 Post by pyopyon »

Placeholder for Æterna Dreams.
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran

#6 Post by pyopyon »

Placeholder because Of Ice & Snow was completed.
Last edited by pyopyon on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran