Where can I post this?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
lunaistar
Regular
Completed: Soul Resomance
Organization: Kirakirawings
itch: lunailegends

Where can I post this?

#1 Post by lunaistar »

I am selling off an original game project I was working on and want to know where to post it.

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: Where can I post this?

#2 Post by isobellesophia »

Works and Progress, right here. For sharing your games and let anyone to play.

viewforum.php?f=43
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

Selling off in what way? Is the game finished and you're selling the finished project, or are you trying to actually sell the rights to a project in development to get someone else to finish it, or what?

lunaistar
Regular
Completed: Soul Resomance
Organization: Kirakirawings
itch: lunailegends

#4 Post by lunaistar »

papillon wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:07 pm Selling off in what way? Is the game finished and you're selling the finished project, or are you trying to actually sell the rights to a project in development to get someone else to finish it, or what?
I want to sell off the unfinished project, which allows whoever buys it to sell it and continue it however they want.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#5 Post by papillon »

Okay. There's not a whole lot of market for that (I have bought such a project once, it does happen, but it's not common) so I don't think there really is an official right place to post.

Option 1: Post in the 'Other' subforum in services for hire. Pros: anyone looking there is more likely to be a serious project creator willing to spend money on making a game, and therefore has a better chance of being interested in making the deal. Cons: very few people go there.

Option 2: Post in Works In Progress, showing off what you have of the game so far, and closing with a note that you are not continuing the project but are willing to sell it to someone who wants to carry it forward. Pros: You will probably get the highest number of people looking at your game here, especially if you have a few good screenshots and assets to display. Cons: a lot of people who look will just be looking for free games to play, this may not be a great way to attract sponsors with money.

Option 3: Create a more detailed thread here in Creator Discussion area, again showing off what you have of your game so far and inviting people to contact you if they are willing to make a deal. Pros: This is the area where other people making games are most likely to look, so it'll probably bring you the most attention for the right sort of people if the thread is designed well. Cons: The moderators may decide that as a transaction offer, it really belongs elsewhere, and may move it.