The Raintime [Psychological][Young Adult][Magical Realism]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
drinkerofmilk
Regular
itch: socah

The Raintime [Psychological][Young Adult][Magical Realism]

#1 Post by drinkerofmilk »

Steam | Website

Genre: Visual Novel, Young Adult
Play Time: 2-4 Hours
Mode: Single Player

About
For the past year I have been working on a VN project titled The Raintime together with my dev workgroup. This is our first VN project. It's a freeware visual novel, mostly linear, but with interactive elements. We released a one chapter early access version last fall, and have heavily reworked the graphics since then.

After some intensive playtesting, the game is out now on Steam!

Plot Summary
At first glance, William is a lazy college student. He spends his days sleeping in, skipping lectures, drinking with his friends and gathering up courage to talk to Jasmine, who's on the theater committee. But over the last few weeks, a mysterious restlessness has come over him. He's distanced himself from his friends, spends his time alone in his room and harbors thoughts that cannot bear the light of day . . .

Slowly, William is coming to the realization that the world he lives in is no more than an illusion. The city, the university, the artificial island upon which he lives, thay're all unnatural abominations against humanity, that need to be undone in order for history to take its due course.

Delve into William's mind as his last links to reality slowly unravel.

Screenshots
Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Full size screenshots

Links
Feedback and comments are very welcome. I hope to work on more VN's in the future.