Hearts LOVEly Academy (otome/gxb game)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
LunaVampirePrincess
Regular
Projects: Hearts! LOVEly academy

Hearts LOVEly Academy (otome/gxb game)

#1 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

HEARTS: LOVELY ACADEMY

Summary:
This story revolves around 16 year old, Mayumi Takemura, the perfect girl, with the perfect life. Her mom is the Prime Minister/Queen/Ruler of the kingdom and her dad is owner of the biggest chain co-operation around, and she, is the heir to it all. But despite her kind-hearted, caring personality and good looks, everyone seems to look past that to her wealth. Due to this, no matter how hard she tries, she can't seem to make any friends who really like her for who she is. So, finally one day her parents came to notice this and decide to send her to a school for heirs. BUT there's a huge problem, this school was filled with boys, there wasn't a single girl besides Mayumi to be seen! She soon finds out that this is due to the fact that she simply was the only heiress who was born in this age group. Not only this but Mayumi also finds out that these boys were not all human princes, they are demons, vampires, elves, ghosts and LOTS more.
After a week Mayumi gets a call from her parents saying that she is to be enggaged to one of these boys! She has no clue why, but what she does know is that:
1. She is allowed to fall in love with any of these boys.
2. The boys have specific markings on them so she'll know who they are.
3. One of these boys may be the result of her ultimate doom.
So you have to take on the role of Mayumi and fulfill her 2 tasks : Falling in love with a prince and Unfolding the dark secret that conceals who she is (or to be more specific who's reincarnation she is).

Characters:

Main Character:
Mayumi Takemura
She is the main character of the game. A very kind hearted girl who always thinks of others before herself. But just because she is kind doesn't mean you can push her around, this rarely happens but if someone upsets her (usualy because they're jelous) their life will be turned into a living hell. Though the shocking thing is she doesn't even remember what she did to harm these people (It has to do with her being a reincarnation). She is 16 years old and is very pretty but her pretty is more like a delicate, frail flower not like a runway model. Another importent thing about her is that her ideal boyfriend is a manga character, yup you guessed it, she is an otaku who is really good at drawing, anything music related, and she gets As in all her studies. Plus she has really good etiquite and manners. Her favourite food is chocolate and her favourite colours are anything in a soft shade.

Obtainale Guys: (They don't have any last names, I couldn't think up of any. I'm sorry)

Seiya
RACE: Human
He's one of the twin princes of earth. He is a very sweet, curteous, kind boy (very shy and innocent too). Seiya is a member of the gardening club. He also has a mark of a silver rose on his right wrist which symbolizes that he is one of the earth princes.
SECRET: He was teased alot by other princes because he was very quiet and had a femanine-ish face.

Kyo
RACE; Human
He's the younger of the twin princes of earth. He is the exact oposite of his brother. He's a very active, straight-forward boy who gets into fights alot. He usually is out skipping class and fighting with people who look down on him. Kyo has the mark of a gold rose on his left wrist which symbolizes that he's the second earth prince.
SECRET: People always looked down on him while comparing him to his brother.

Yuki
RACE: Elf (though he is TALL)
Yuki is the Elf prince and is one with nature. He is mature, kind and is really smart. He is also the student council president and is a year older than Mayumi. Yuki has a mark of a leaf on his right shoulder which symbolizes that he is the elf prince.
SECRET: He tries to act mature but he really wants to just be a little kid. He acts all grown-up now because he's being pressured by people around him to replace his father as king after Yuki's father's death.

Hyouma
RACE: Vampire (loses control of him when there's exactly a half moon)
Hyouma is the vampire prince. He is a lady killer and a flirt, he also tries to smooth talk but instead usually ends up making a fool of himself. Hyouma is the vice president of the student council. He has a mark of a blood red moon on his neck which symbolizes that he is the vampire prince.
SECRET: Hyouma acts the way he does because he's trying to get over his family issues. His whole family constantly pressures him into finding a perfect bride who will prefect their blood line (her blood must be 'perfect' to match Hyouma's)

Shou
RACE: Spirit/Ghost
Shou is the prince of spirits. He can turn himself into a ghost whenever he wishes. A huge thing about Shou is that: He has a split personality! The reason for this is that since he is the prince of spirits and ghosts his soul is split into two, representing those who've done sins and went to Hell and those who've been sent to Heaven.His usual personality is described as being quiet,lost,distant and fairly polite. He is also the type to not let anyone in and is cold-hearted when he is mean. This side of Shou is his 'Angel side'. Shou's 'Devil side' is described as a.....SPOILED BRAT. Yup the 'Devil side' is an obnoxious, rude, full of himself brat! Shou has a mark of a of wings on his forhead (but his bangs hide them). The mark turns black when he's in his 'Devil mood' and white when he's in his 'Angel mood'
SECRET: After a year from when Shou was born his 'Angel mood' and 'Devil mood' collided (in the middle of the sealing ritual) making the great power destroy his family and preists who were with him during the ritual. This is also the reason for Shou's split personalitiy.

Secret-ish guys/Villians (still obtainable):

Before their profiles a few things have to be told:
These 2 are half brothers (same dad and different moms) (BTW their dad is half demon and half dragon)
They both fought with eachother.....and why? TO SEE WHO KILLS THEIR DAD! (for the throne(s))
They both know about Mayumi's power and they both want to make her 'their's' due to the power.

Okay so here they are:

Ren
RACE: 3/4 Demon and 1/4 Dragon
Ren is the prince of demons. He is very powerfull, evil, manipulative, mean-ish, and loves getting into fights. He is pretty much always seen with his trademark smirk and loves playing with people's minds. He is (seemingly) 17 years old but his real age is unknown. He doesn't go to school but is somwhere in the kingdom. Ren has a mysterious mark of an unknown symbool on his right cheek which (probably) means he is the prince of demons.
SECRET: ????

Akito
RACE: 3/4 Dragon 1/4 Demon
Akito is the prince of dragons though he's in human form. There are only 3 words to describe him evil, unpredictable and sadistic. Yup he is coo-coo! (Kinda like Shadow from Bakugan and Ryuuga from Beyblade) He is (seemingly) 16 years old but just like his half brother he doesn't attend school either. He has a mark of a dragon wraping around his waist which symbolizes that he is the dragon prince.
SECRET: ????

Um yeah that's the revised (NOT EDITED YET) version of the info any feedback on THIS would also be appreciated! THANK YOU!!! =)
Last edited by LunaVampirePrincess on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never underestimate anyone....... who knows what they're capable of.....

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

Re: Hearts LOVEly Academy (otome/gxb game)

#2 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

Um this post isn't needed anymore because the characters are now posted with the summary.
Last edited by LunaVampirePrincess on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hax Ed The Lion

#3 Post by Hax Ed The Lion »

I'd take the fantasy elements out, myself, and try to make a twist on the whole school-full-of-princeses-and-princesses thing.

Have you read "Cat Among The Pigeons"? It's a murder mystery that takes place in an all-girls' school full of princesses and upper class kids. The idea is nothing special, but the ending is very interesting. You could do that, here.

I think you're getting too into the fantasy side, personally. You might want to collaborate with other writers on this one.

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

#4 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

Oh okay thank you for your suggestion i really appreciate it! =>

aya001
Regular

#5 Post by aya001 »

The plot seems interesting, if you do it, be sure I'll try it ^^

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

#6 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

ThankYou!!

Mai-Oujo-sama

#7 Post by Mai-Oujo-sama »

Despite your age, I can sense that you have big aspirations, and good on you for it too~ ^_^

The story plot seems quite well thought out, however I do feel that the princess Mayumi should have a more relatable feeling to her, I don't think she should have EVERYTHING handed out to her, but maybe put in some flaws like being clumsy, or being a closet otaku. The first two boys seem interesting, personally, I like Kyo more now, but since he has the rose tattoo on his left hand, what prince does that make him? @_@ I am looking forward to a cute ghost as you said though :3

The game seems quite full of hope and you have big plans on it ^^ But I'm worried you're putting too much time into hopes, and too little fabricating the makings of a realistic game plan. From the looks of it, (and the number of boys obtainable), you'll probably need some time to make a script. As well as make CGs, sprites, etc. I suggest that you make a brief plan first, such as

-How many days will it be? (A full school year might be a bit much since it's your first game.)
-IMPORTANT!!How many boys will there be included? (Be careful!! Many first-time BXG VN creators have fallen into the trap of having too many guys and thus, too much script!!)
-Will it be a normal VN, with choices, or will there be a "click up your relationship level" system with "special events"?
-Have you gotten a BG/CG/Sprite artist, or will you be doing them yourself?

^_^ Anyway, if you need any guides or role models to look up to, I suggest AzurexTwilight's games in the Fantasia series. She's extremely efficient and her games are all HUGE, but very well thought out and planned, not to mention, she's a ONE GIRL TEAM! She's very hardworking and diligent, and I always LOVE playing her VN games... They make me laugh, cry and believe the story whole heartedly~ Another great example is Frozen Essence, where the main character is so likeable and relatable to, that you can't help but love her! Her development on how the main character influences the "dateable" character is lifelike and absolutely adorable.

Once again, good luck~

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

#8 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

THANKYOU!!! There's about 6 guys (1 has a split personality so i guess it's 5?)
And I LOVE the fantasia series and azure x twilight is 1 of my role models.
Iv been wrking on the script for 1 month but my characters r 0% dun cuz my parents told me they'll get me a pc tablet next month YAY!
Anyway thx for the encouregment its making me want to do more but i just finished writing a bit of the script and am sorta bored cuz of typing alot i actually want to start drawing its more fun lol Oh and btw mayumi isn't that perfect as you go on you find out a huge secret about who she rlly is! (Plus her ideal guy is a manga character though it's kinda wierd cuz she herself looks like a manga prsn).....

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

#9 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

Oh and Kyo Seiya are twin brothers which makes them both Princes of earth and um there is a different flower for every kingdome/race but i just wanted to show the brothers are different despite that they're twins that's why i had the flowers on opposite hands.

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

#10 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

Um this post isn't needed anymore because the characters are now posted with the summary.
Last edited by LunaVampirePrincess on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

#11 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

Last edited by LunaVampirePrincess on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

#12 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

Last edited by LunaVampirePrincess on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abeiramar
Regular

#13 Post by Abeiramar »

Sounds good. But a good dating sim is complex to code. You're very young, I think you should start to make a short kinectic novel.
Have you already started to write your script in Ren'py?

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

#14 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

My cousin is helping me with renpy but i'm writing the script in a book for her. I'm also working on character sketches.
Soo it's not THAT hard cuz my cousins doing the coding =>

emopinkprincess

#15 Post by emopinkprincess »

oooooh this sounds very interesting. plz keep the different races such as elves and demons in it that makes it cooler to me X). One thing you might wanna do is have some older people play the demo or have them read the script just to....no offense at all on this subject....but to help on the "love" parts. im young too and i know that i couldnt write confession-of-feeling scene as somone who was a bit older.also, is there a reason that most of the characters have things on their hands and one has it on his shoulder? u might wanna mix that up a bit if not like the demon with the knife drawn on his hand, u could make it down his left upper arm. or the water drop on the back of his neck. i like the twin brothers though! i read the post describing it but i cant remember, are the roses going to be different colors? you could make one white/off-white and the other black.