One day more.

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

One day more.

#1 Post by PyTom »

Well, less than that already. Here's the status of the NaNoRenO teams as best I can divine:

http://www.bishoujo.us/trac/wiki/TheBig ... NoRenO2006

corrections are appreciated, especially ones that replace an "unknown" with a "released".
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#2 Post by Otaku Dash »

Well 8 hours till the event ends to be exact ^^;

Let's hope to see various entry's.... everyone good luck for the last rush!
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#3 Post by rioka »

Mine won't be finished by the end of today, unfortunately. Maybe in a week. =)

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#4 Post by Alessio »

Keep them coming, now I'll have at last time for playing. :)
But also a huge backlog of VNs to go through still.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

So far...

- Quine
- Go! Magical Boy
- Dante's Wrath
- To Hanzo

Well, there was Katherine in March, but that wasn't a NNRN entry, strictly speaking. Actually, while looking at the IRNM guidelines, retroactivity isn't impossible, so hmmm... denzil has a few hours to claim a success ^_^. Although, it doesn't matter, of course. It shouldn't be about beating the record at any costs.

In Europe it's around 6 hours to go now, America probably has six or eight more hours... give everything! You can sleep on Sunday :P

Actually, the list of unfinished/stalled/abandoned projects is quite scary. Even though there are quite a few more participants this year. Perhaps we've been lured into believing that with that wealth of projects in 2005 the whole game-making thing has gotten easier. Because I do think that without the NaNoRenO pressure, most of the teams will ease off to do their games "properly".

It's not bad though. It's logical. So I think that the jump start effect of NNRN will still be there, it remains to be seen what the individual teams can do with it.

Still, it's not over yet, so I'll save the final words for tomorrow. Whoever is still working, good luck and hang in there! :P

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#6 Post by PyTom »

mikey wrote:Actually, the list of unfinished/stalled/abandoned projects is quite scary.
I don't think so. In the last NaNoRenO, we were 6 of 14 for eventual game completions, with many coming out a few days after April 1.

This year, we already have 4 games, 5 if we count Katherine, out of 20 entries. But at least one of those entries (Haeleth) was totally unannounced and is only in my list for completeness, so call it 19. There are a couple of other people who announced but then we never saw them again, so I'd imagine we're actually closer to 16-17 serious entrants.

To match last year's percentages, we'd need 8 games total... I think we'll probably achieve that over the next week or two, as some of the games in progress get finished. I consider 6 games (not including Katherine) likely, and perhaps as many as 8 games possible, within the next couple of weeks.

Also note, when evaluating the state of the community, that mikey not being able to make a game drops this year's numbers by 1.

I'd also point out that it's probably better for someone to release a good game in the middle of April, rather than releasing a cut-up game immediately.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Kikered
Regular
Completed: Quine, The Secret Ingredient
Projects: Metropolitan Blues, Mirai Imouto, Temple Glen, Fuyu no Tabi, MIA
Organization: Team BG

#7 Post by Kikered »

I'd hate to lower the completion percentage, but Quine isn't really an IntRenAiMo game either... :P But either way, it's okay. :D
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

TMBpower
Regular

#8 Post by TMBpower »

Sorry, I should have updated the situation...XP

Megaman Z has indeed contacted me that the project is progressing. On Tuesday:
hopefully, I can actually get all the scriptwork done up to the point in the fourth day where the NaNoRenO release ends done in two days
Good luck to everyone else.^^
Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#9 Post by mikey »

PyTom wrote:Also note, when evaluating the state of the community, that mikey not being able to make a game drops this year's numbers by 1.
As if I wouldn't feel guilty enough... :(
Seriously, maybe I could have found the time to do it - but I wouldn't have found the time to plan it before, and that would mean I wouldn't really make it. So it wouldn't make sense to do it. Sorry again.
PyTom wrote:I'd also point out that it's probably better for someone to release a good game in the middle of April, rather than releasing a cut-up game immediately.

Of course. Ultimately the primary concern is always the full game. All the more reasons to congratulate those who made it in the time limit.
Kikered wrote:but Quine isn't really an IntRenAiMo game
Yes! More confusion... 8)

Shii
Regular

#10 Post by Shii »

I am going to agree with Tom-- I will not release 30% of a project, because I have just started to map out the first "good bit" and I don't want readers to be disappointed with such an abrupt ending. This isn't going to be an April release either, because I'm going back to the literal drawing board to do more backgrounds.

Also, my game which was supposed to include 0% romance is now up to 5-15% romance, due to unavoidable habit.

absinthe
Regular

#11 Post by absinthe »

The Death Clock is now counting UP!!!

I wonder what it's counting up to... it's mesmerizing me.
My 2007 NaNo entry: Eidolon

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#12 Post by Alessio »

absinthe wrote:The Death Clock is now counting UP!!!
That means you can still make the deadline if you're able to travel back in time!

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#13 Post by Otaku Dash »

Man -> WARNING: This post if full of maliciously rip-off attempt... don't fall for this gig... you have been warned!

*shoots Man* .... jesus... this people nowerdays.... to think I would try to do a thing like that!!

Anyway....

*shouts* STEP RIGHT UP!!! STEP RIGHT UP!!

Here ladies and gentleman... I'm proud to present.... THE TIME MACHINE!!!

Yes people! This isn't a rip-off! I'm proud to annouce this time machine to the public in general!

SO for a miserable 1500 € and a contract saying I own your soul after the usage, you game and VN creators can go back in time and finish your projects!!!

Now who's up for the thrill of a lifetime!?
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

clubanimon
Regular

#14 Post by clubanimon »

'Well Met' dely is my fault...or rather my schools and my GPAs >>;;

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

I've known for quite a while now that I wouldn't make the deadline- but I didn't want to discourage others from trying to complete their games, so that's why I haven't posted about it until now.
I wouldn't say NaNoRenO was a failure for me, as it has gotten me closer to releasing a game than I've ever been. It's still quite a ways off, but I will continue to work on it. I can't really set a deadline, but I guarentee I will finish this. After all, if I don't, it's not just my work that goes to waste...