Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

Re: Ideas Dump

#511 Post by curry nochi rice »

how about idols... but not pop idols....

Ice skating idols.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#512 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Hmm...

A love story about two powerful persons (yes, they have super powers) that the nearer they are to each other, the weaker they become. But then there's always trouble, they NEED to save other people's butt with each other. And they love each other, but they can't even see each other in person because they became weak when they do.

Just an idea that popped in my head. C:

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#513 Post by curry nochi rice »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:Hmm...

A love story about two powerful persons (yes, they have super powers) that the nearer they are to each other, the weaker they become. But then there's always trouble, they NEED to save other people's butt with each other. And they love each other, but they can't even see each other in person because they became weak when they do.

Why not have two financially powerful persons instead?
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#514 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

curry nochi rice wrote:

Why not have two financially powerful persons instead?
My point on that idea is that when they love each other or get near each other, they'll lose their ... abilities. C:
I can't really tell what would be the effect if they became financially powerful persons instead. Ergh... kinda like Romeo and Juliet? XD

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#515 Post by LVUER »

That's (almost) exactly Hancock (Will Smith, 2008)!
Both he and the heroine are kinda angels who life on earth. They have incredible power (just like Superman + immortality) and each of them is a pair (man and woman). But if they are close to each other, they lose their power and become mortal (and then can be killed, so they're all extinct save for the last pair).
Last edited by LVUER on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#516 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

It is?! I never knew, since that I watched Hancock a long time ago I've forgotten much about it.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#517 Post by LVUER »

It's alright. I mean it's normal. Well, even if we make a VN using that idea, it's alright as long as it's not plagiarism. Using same basic idea is common in creative fields like arts.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#518 Post by SusanTheCat »

The MC is a security guard that is trapped in the monitoring room of a hotel space station.

He can see and hear everything that is happening in his monitors. However, if he is looking at monitor A he doesn't see what is happening in Monitor B. He can talk and give advice to the other people trapped in various parts of the hotel space station.

Feel free to use this idea.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#519 Post by gekiganwing »

SusanTheCat wrote:...He can see and hear everything that is happening in his monitors. However, if he is looking at monitor A he doesn't see what is happening in Monitor B...
I don't know if you ever played the game Night Trap. If not, then know that it's a horror FMV game in which the main character can see various rooms through security cameras. Success relies on setting traps at the right times. A lot of guesswork is involved. (There were rumors about the game's content that made it seem obscene in 1992, back when there were very few video games for anyone other than kids. When I finally played Night Trap in 2009, I found it laughably out of date and blandly inoffensive...)

That said, it could be interesting and funny to create a Ren'py game with similar mechanics. As long as the player doesn't have to guess where to look and what to do, then it just might work.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#520 Post by LVUER »

This is similar to a (AFAIK) unreleased PS2 game. I forget the title, but it supposed to support (at that time still not released) PS2 microphone. In that game, you are a security guard of space platform/satellite. You are trapped there and via security monitor, you could see everything yet couldn't do anything.

You're only bet (and allies) is the only survivor, a (girl) scientist. You communicate with her via the microphone. Since she is not you, you only could guide her via instruction (like go there, don't open the door, etc) and the girl is controlled by AI. And since you could see (almost) everything via security monitor, you must guide her to safety while she's finding out what's wrong with the satellite.

The game concept sounds very cool and I absolutely would buy it if it's ever released... but well, it's not -_-

DeviantArt Account

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#521 Post by musical74 »

Kicking this idea around...not sure how well it would work though!

Take everything that is common to a vampiress: brooding, depressed all the time, et cetera...and throw it out the window. Instead you have a VERY happy, bubbly, energetic vampiress, who thoroughly enjoys life and wants people around her to be happy!

I like the idea of a vampiress that completely breaks the mold of *normal vampiress*, BUT not sure how someone could make a *happy vampiress* work.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#522 Post by Samu-kun »

I recently got a random idea for a school life comedy. It's entitled, "My Mom is a High Schooler!" You are a normal, every day high schooler... until you're waken up by your mom one day to find that she has been transformed into a 16 year old! What's worse, she has transferred to your school! Will you manage to get along with your new teenage mom, or will this be the end of your peaceful school life!? (insert your usual "childhood friend character" and "tsundere loli character" for added fun, plz)

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#523 Post by Sapphi »

The other day I was thinking it would be cool if there was a simulation/visual novel somewhat akin to that DS game where you have to operate on people, except you're a mechanic in a car repair shop. I've been thinking it's a shame that (around here at least) there are hardly no high school classes that would teach kids how to do that sort of work and because of this, people pay huge sums of money all their lives for work they could sometimes do themselves if they knew how. (Not to mention, some people I know don't even seem to comprehend that cars need simple things like an oil change or you'll eventually kill the car.) So, if such an edu-game existed, it would probably be pretty great. I mean, I'm at a point where I'd love to learn how to work on my car, but the college classes I could take to do that are expensive and have nothing to do with my major.

Obviously an idea free for the taking since the extent of my mechanical knowledge is pretty much just "This is a screwdriver, this is a ratchet, and this is WD-40." :lol:
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#524 Post by Samu-kun »

That's strange..... my high school had a class where you could learn how to fix cars and operate industrial machinery. ._.; I only took it because it was the only department in my high school that offered 3D modeling courses. All I got to model were machine parts though. XD

LVUER
King of Lolies

#525 Post by LVUER »

There's already game like that. You have a garage, fixing cars to get money... or win a car in an auction, fixing it to a working condition, and sell it (or just show it off in you show room).

Too bad it's still an arcade to a simulation, so the fixing is not that detailed... since it is, I think the game will scare away too many people.

DeviantArt Account