Only Japanse made with it no translation.

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
clannadman

Re: Only Japanse made with it no translation.

#16 Post by clannadman »

Agent Zero wrote:The hell ? I joust want to make a game and distribute it. Problem ? U MAD ?
papillon isn't telling you not to bother and they aren't telling you off. They're just reinforcing to be wary of the consequences. And the only reason they would chase you up would be if it was popular enough, so your game will have at least seen the light of day before being removed. If you agree to removing it in the first place then you should keep it removed. If you feel you deserve to keep it in the public domain then you can go to court and settle it. Guerrilla internet tactics will only make things worse.

clannadman

#17 Post by clannadman »

On another note, I was planning on including original CLANNAD music in my game but I'm guessing that may have to go or I'm really just making things worse for myself ;_;

Agent Zero
Regular

#18 Post by Agent Zero »

So? I'm going to really rip something joust for the fun of it.
And I mean really rip from art,music and animation. Sense they didn't bother to translate the game I made my own in my way ripping them of as much as possible in the process. Invest in translating you Japanese punks...
Everything I do I backup 3 times there are 30 internet cafes and I have the time and will to delete the game from the net ( as much as possible to kill the heat ) and the re upload the game.
If they translated the games I wouldn't be here. ( Actually I would in a year or so sense we had an another idea a day ago ).
I doubt it will have much popularity. But if it comes to this I can still be confident our our governments institution of rights.
I love my broken and destroyed country.

Currently in school. By June 22th a site a blog and a game should be up and running.

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#19 Post by pondrthis »

If anybody's mad, U MAD. (Gah, I hate 4chan.)

I was the head of the G-Senjou no Maou fan translation... it was illegal. It was illegal and it happened at a time when many companies were throwing out C&Ds to the website we worked off of (TLWiki). Thankfully AkabeiSoft2 didn't tell us to stop, and to be quite honest, we probably would have taken it underground if they had. It wouldn't have been the right thing to do, but I'd already put a year or more into it when the C&Ds started going around.

Even, or perhaps especially, with my experience there, I say you're sadly mistaken if you have the attitude that it is the company's responsibility to translate their games if they don't want their IP stolen and abused. The company has no responsibility whatsoever to go through that grueling process just for a few people scattered across the world which will pirate it anyway.

Last but not least, stealing something to punish people for not giving it to you is a rather juvenile approach, isn't it? If you were "ripping stuff off" out of love, that'd be one thing, but deciding to do it to spite the creators is another.

Agent Zero
Regular

#20 Post by Agent Zero »

pondrthis wrote:If anybody's mad, U MAD. (Gah, I hate 4chan.)

I was the head of the G-Senjou no Maou fan translation... it was illegal. It was illegal and it happened at a time when many companies were throwing out C&Ds to the website we worked off of (TLWiki). Thankfully AkabeiSoft2 didn't tell us to stop, and to be quite honest, we probably would have taken it underground if they had. It wouldn't have been the right thing to do, but I'd already put a year or more into it when the C&Ds started going around.

Even, or perhaps especially, with my experience there, I say you're sadly mistaken if you have the attitude that it is the company's responsibility to translate their games if they don't want their IP stolen and abused. The company has no responsibility whatsoever to go through that grueling process just for a few people scattered across the world which will pirate it anyway.

Last but not least, stealing something to punish people for not giving it to you is a rather juvenile approach, isn't it? If you were "ripping stuff off" out of love, that'd be one thing, but deciding to do it to spite the creators is another.
Creators of manga and anime are fine and their names will be in the credits. ( And also the game makers names )
But does is it really a bad thing to make a patch to translate it to English or Latin letters ? I mean there are more anime and manga lovers then the entire Japan population. 1 game came out for Nintendo DS ( No patch no emulator ) not playable. Sequel is made for PS2 ( emulator found and played , Game unplayable because you can't understand a single word. Hell it's not even in Latin letters. Only minigames can be played.).
U NO MAKE LATIN LETTERS GAME ?

Hell if it was a Latin letters game I could at least try and get it translated without knowledge of Japanese but now I have to make my own game. :x

Currently in school. By June 22th a site a blog and a game should be up and running.

clannadman

#21 Post by clannadman »

Agent Zero wrote:Creators of manga and anime are fine and their names will be in the credits
That's because English translations of manga and anime are done through proper companies such as Funimation, who are given permission by the original Japanese studios to do such things. If they're done illegally by Scanlators and Fansubbers, the Japanese companies are NOT fine with it and try to get the content removed. That's why there are constant protests by companies against torrenting websites and manga scans online. Onemanga got closed down last year because they were targeted by companies. It IS illegal and while it may be frustrating for there to be no official English patches, I'm afraid it is the decision of the makers whether or not to do it. Your annoyance doesn't justify illegal activity.

Agent Zero
Regular

#22 Post by Agent Zero »

clannadman wrote:
Agent Zero wrote:Creators of manga and anime are fine and their names will be in the credits
That's because English translations of manga and anime are done through proper companies such as Funimation, who are given permission by the original Japanese studios to do such things. If they're done illegally by Scanlators and Fansubbers, the Japanese companies are NOT fine with it and try to get the content removed. That's why there are constant protests by companies against torrenting websites and manga scans online. Onemanga got closed down last year because they were targeted by companies. It IS illegal and while it may be frustrating for there to be no official English patches, I'm afraid it is the decision of the makers whether or not to do it. Your annoyance doesn't justify illegal activity.
Well then . You are trying to tell me to learn Japanese with it's new alphabet and then with somehow translate it for other people. ( Too much work ) . A lot easier is making a new game using downloaded anime and retell the story for those who play to try and watch the anime and then read manga. Hmmm. I need to look up my countries law for this but we have no internet laws. And here everything is public domain. But Copyrights need to be looked up.

duanemoody
Regular
Projects: American Jurassic
Organization: Pier 7 Media

#23 Post by duanemoody »

Agent Zero wrote:Edit : I forgot to mention that my country doesn't accept copyright laws except it's own.
http://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/notific ... e_155.html

Thanks for playing, try again

Agent Zero
Regular

#24 Post by Agent Zero »

duanemoody wrote:
Agent Zero wrote:Edit : I forgot to mention that my country doesn't accept copyright laws except it's own.
http://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/notific ... e_155.html

Thanks for playing, try again
Let me ask you something. If the country was at war during 1992-1995 HOW COULD BiH ACCEPT THAT TREATY ?

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#25 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Agent Zero wrote: Well then . You are trying to tell me to learn Japanese with it's new alphabet and then with somehow translate it for other people. ( Too much work ) . A lot easier is making a new game using downloaded anime and retell the story for those who play to try and watch the anime and then read manga. Hmmm. I need to look up my countries law for this but we have no internet laws. And here everything is public domain. But Copyrights need to be looked up.
Sorry, but it appears you are mistaken. Bosnia and Herzegovina have near identical copyright laws to the rest of the world. Everything is NOT public domain in your country. Even the copyrights of foreigners and foreign work is specifically protected under the law. See here: http://www.wipo.int/wipolex/en/details.jsp?id=5920

EDIT: duanemoody brought up a source, but mine is more recent. 2002 far enough after the war for you?
I quote:
On the basis of Article IV 4a) of the Constitution of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina, at the session of the House of Peoples held on 21 March 2002 and at the session of the House of Representatives held on 12 March 2002 adopted
That is when the copyright law I linked to was adopted. 7 years after the war.
END EDIT

And if I was an author of an IP, I would be pissed if you included my name on your work. It wouldn't be an honor or make it okay. It would look like I had given my implicit blessing to the work. And like Papillion said, "free advertising" can be bad if your fan work is significantly worse than the original, or carries a different tone or message.

Furthermore, just because a company doesn't translate their games to your language, that doesn't give you the right to pirate their games or steal their IP. Most of the Japanese VN companies are small. Some of them are literally a group of friends in an apartment. They can't afford to put out a version of their game in every language. Can YOU afford to put out a version of your games in all languages? All the dialects of Serbo-Croatian? English? Japanese? Mandarin? French? German? Spanish? Etc. You get my point hopefully.

Finally, I hope as a creative person yourself, you can see the value of protecting intellectual property and respecting copyright so that the same rights can be extended to your own original works.

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#26 Post by pondrthis »

Well then . You are trying to tell me to learn Japanese with it's new alphabet and then with somehow translate it for other people. ( Too much work ) .

Yeah, pretty much. You wouldn't be the first, after all. And the reading part is easier than the comprehension part, I can read it better than listen anyway. (Reading kanji is a lot easier than reading phonetically, since the meaning comes directly from the character rather than through sounds like in alphabetic systems.)

(Except not really, that's not the point.)

clannadman

#27 Post by clannadman »

It won't count as a direct translation anyway if you didn't bother to learn Japanese and translate the original word for word. It would be misrepresentation to then state in your game that it was a translation of the original when it doesn't even use the original content as it's source.

Agent Zero
Regular

#28 Post by Agent Zero »

clannadman wrote:It won't count as a direct translation anyway if you didn't bother to learn Japanese and translate the original word for word. It would be misrepresentation to then state in your game that it was a translation of the original when it doesn't even use the original content as it's source.
You know what ? I give up. I'll make the game that I can at least practice the coding.
Distribute it. Or what ever... They see the game they hatin me delete it. Joust like that.
We have 2 original projects on the run but not on REN'PY.
Ohh well...