Being connected by Lemma Soft

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Being connected by Lemma Soft

#1 Post by ririruetoo »

I've been thinking recently, that everyone on this forum is different. We all come from different walks of life, different cultures, different backgrounds, even different religions and ethnicity. That we are all able to connect do to our love of visual novels, I think that's a really special thing...Sorry for being random! But if anyone gets what I'm saying, comment. (^_^)
ImageImageImage

PrivateEyes
Regular
Completed: House 666
Projects: Shattered Eternity

Re: Being connected by Lemma Soft

#2 Post by PrivateEyes »

Yeah I hear you :) That's one of the major perks of the Internet I guess, you get to meet like-minded and interesting people :D
Why live if in the end, we all die? I guess to suffer? I really have no clue.....

Please visit my Youtube channel! :D http://www.youtube.com/user/YugiohGX913?feature=mhum

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by OtomeWeekend »

PrivateEyes wrote:Yeah I hear you :) That's one of the major perks of the Internet I guess, you get to meet like-minded and interesting people :D
this. Cause there is a place in this world like in my place in philippines before, who doesn't even give a damn about VNs or games that much. ="= The only time i met a person like me was during an anicon in mall of asia and she isn't even living anywhere near my place at all.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#4 Post by Snow Blossom »

OtomeWeekend wrote:Cause there is a place in this world like in my place in philippines before, who doesn't even give a damn about VNs or games that much. ="= The only time i met a person like me was during an anicon in mall of asia and she isn't even living anywhere near my place at all.
ARRGH same here!! Most of the people at my school either look down on manga/VNs or just don't care. They don't know what they're missing out on... XP

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#5 Post by LVUER »

Like I always said, LSF is the most international forum I know. And I absolutely love being the part of it.

Other forums I know are flooded by either local people from my country (local forum) or US users.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#6 Post by Sapphi »

Yep, I agree... It's one of my favorite things about this forum. As a kid I always thought it would be cool to have a pen pal from another country but I never got one. I like that I can talk to people from everywhere in the world here.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#7 Post by ririruetoo »

Sapphi wrote:Yep, I agree... It's one of my favorite things about this forum. As a kid I always thought it would be cool to have a pen pal from another country but I never got one. I like that I can talk to people from everywhere in the world here.

I always wanted a pen pal too...So I guess this forum is helping in that matter. Well, not just this forum but making visual novels in general. If I wasn't making a visual novel, I never would have met my artist who lives all the way in Indonesia ( I live in US) so I think it's neat how the internet can connect people from all walks of life. I think people should think every now and then of how great it is to connect to people....At least that's what I think! I think friendship is the most amazing thing a person can ever have, I still get amazed sometimes at my ablilty to have friends ( didn't have many when I was younger)...Anyways! Basically what I'm saying is that friendship is the best thing a person can have in life.
ImageImageImage

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#8 Post by Alera »

It's always cool when a group of people with the same or similar interests are gathered on one place. It's a lot easier to find help, or someone just to talk to or even friends! And of course that type of thing is easier on the net. Real life is usually a real mess of people,people way too different from each other. That's why I sometimes wish we had some sort of clubs at school-they could work like the forums on the net. Too bad though that my school is small anyway and I know almost everyone there personally or at least have heard a thing or two about them from someone else and I know that if there was a VN or anime/manga club- I'd be the one and only member. QAQ

So I'm really grateful for the LS forums and that I'm a small part of the world here!
<3 I still sometimes feel a bit unsure when posting, I guess still feeling like a newb and a bit of outsider even after so much time, but this doesn't stop me from loving this place. I think it can get just better and better! ^^
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

PervertPrince
Regular

#9 Post by PervertPrince »

I haven't really connected with anyone on this site like you said. I actually feel like a bit of an outsider on these forums. I mean, everyone around here goes on about what animes, manga and Japanese games they like and I don't really like any of those things. I don't really like TV so I don't watch anime, I like comics so I read some manga but mostly the big names and only a few lesser known ones and as for games, well, most of the ones I own are made by American companies as far as I know. I don't know what people on this site are talking about half the time 0.o
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Nebi
Regular
Projects: Greaves

#10 Post by Nebi »

To be honest, I am from outer space. That would make this forum galactic in scope. *nods*

Please keep this a secret.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by OtomeWeekend »

PervertPrince wrote:I haven't really connected with anyone on this site like you said. I actually feel like a bit of an outsider on these forums. I mean, everyone around here goes on about what animes, manga and Japanese games they like and I don't really like any of those things. I don't really like TV so I don't watch anime, I like comics so I read some manga but mostly the big names and only a few lesser known ones and as for games, well, most of the ones I own are made by American companies as far as I know. I don't know what people on this site are talking about half the time 0.o
Lemmasoft forums isn't really on focus with anime, manga and japanese stuff but about VNs and vn-making developments. But since stuffs like manga and anime heavily influences them, and since this influences could also trigger one to make a VN, mostly, yeah, people are more hot on this topic. But this doesn't imply that you are an outsider in this forum. If you've been reading the previous replies, we aren't only connected in animes and stuff; we are connected in VN-making and our love for VNs.

And if you dunno the half of what people are talking about and curious about it, you are free to ask or even try google-ing it. I won't endorse to start taking interest in manga and anime but lemmasoft forums is one of the forums i think that let's you just post your random stuff(as long as its not a spam) and interact or even debate with others: seriously or jokingly. To be honest, I'm glad I joined lemmasoft cause i learned a lot of stuff from thing i don't understand, to the things i heed advices about and to things that are just for random fun. :) Explore and learn as they say.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

PervertPrince
Regular

#12 Post by PervertPrince »

Nebi wrote:To be honest, I am from outer space. That would make this forum galactic in scope. *nods*

Please keep this a secret.
Will do! XD
OtomeWeekend wrote:Lemmasoft forums isn't really on focus with anime, manga and japanese stuff but about VNs and vn-making developments. But since stuffs like manga and anime heavily influences them, and since this influences could also trigger one to make a VN, mostly, yeah, people are more hot on this topic. But this doesn't imply that you are an outsider in this forum. If you've been reading the previous replies, we aren't only connected in animes and stuff; we are connected in VN-making and our love for VNs.

And if you dunno the half of what people are talking about and curious about it, you are free to ask or even try google-ing it. I won't endorse to start taking interest in manga and anime but lemmasoft forums is one of the forums i think that let's you just post your random stuff(as long as its not a spam) and interact or even debate with others: seriously or jokingly. To be honest, I'm glad I joined lemmasoft cause i learned a lot of stuff from thing i don't understand, to the things i heed advices about and to things that are just for random fun. :) Explore and learn as they say.
I just tend to feel a little out of my depth when I go into the non-visual novel sections. I have, however, learned a few things while coming onto this site. I learned what 'otome' is for example. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing though since these days I waste all my time trying to find otome games to play and attempting to make one myself XD
I can't remember the last time I actually did something productive with my time XD
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#13 Post by Alera »

PervertPrince wrote:
I just tend to feel a little out of my depth when I go into the non-visual novel sections. I have, however, learned a few things while coming onto this site. I learned what 'otome' is for example. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing though since these days I waste all my time trying to find otome games to play and attempting to make one myself XD
I can't remember the last time I actually did something productive with my time XD
Hey!!! Making an otome game- isn't this productive? And playing that sort of games-well you need to know what you're doing, right? ;'D So it's needed-hah.
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#14 Post by Watercolorheart »

The Internet makes the world smaller...
I'm not even the same person anymore

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by OtomeWeekend »

PervertPrince wrote:
Now, you just proved you are not an outsider. ^_~ You are slowly but surely becoming one in this forum, even trying to make a VN because of what you discovered here. But overall, whether you take interest to otome or stuff or not, you are still a legitimate member of lemmasoft, just because most of us, love otome games and stuff doesn't mean that people who are only starting to take interest aren't welcome. :D i dare to say not all of us here love anime or otome games but came to improve their selves for their professions(i.e. writers, programmers, artist) as I've met people around here like them. :wink:

A~nd, how come playing otome games would be a waste of time? If you are indeed planning to make one, gathering information and experience as a player is the best fundamental. Ergo, you aren't wasting your time at all but investing it to something useful in the future. :mrgreen: