Rejoice - The Gospel of Matthew

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

Re: Rejoice - The Gospel of Matthew

#16 Post by wingzofdarkness »

This is brilliant! It is the most unique game I have ever played. The overall effect of it is outstanding.
I haven't finished the game but I wanted to get the word out first.

We can all see how much effort you've planned into this game and the animation is a plus. I give you props for adding "Joy to the World" as the background music. It emphasizes on the title.

As a non-religious person, I'm not going to surface any religious comments so I'll stop my comment here. Thank you for your hard work! =]

facades
Regular

#17 Post by facades »

Great job tkhnoman! :) I loved every part of this game!
It's not easy creating a whole kinetic/ visual novel based on a book in the bible.
One can see how much effort and love you've placed into this project.
The concept, the art, the animation, the expressions and the voices were so adorable! You've really cute-ified the book of Matthew! And also simplified it for the players' understanding (:
The first time I played this game, I chose gospel mode and I have to admit that it did get a little dry after a while as the RPG animations were quite repetitive.
However, the 2nd time I played the game using normal mode and I was amazed at the added animations and explanations. Those explanations were also a good break from the usual RPG scenes.
I really loved your illustrations and animations for the various things that Jesus talked about ( e.g. his sermons and his parables). They were very cute representations.
The Christian music that you used was really apt for this game as well. ( nostalgic for me because some were my childhood songs)
There were three things going through my mind as I was playing the game :
1) Were the modern clothes for Jesus and some of the other characters on purpose? -i.e. a modern version of the story?
2) Wish there was voice over in English =p
3) If only every book of the bible could be made into something like this (;
It's great that you've added the corresponding verses at the top left corner of each scene too. It's helpful and makes things convenient if one would like to read the original scripture.
All in all, I think it's wonderful that you've used your talents to make something like this! I might use this to tell bible stories or parables to kids too (:

tkhnoman
Regular

#18 Post by tkhnoman »

facades wrote: There were three things going through my mind as I was playing the game :
1) Were the modern clothes for Jesus and some of the other characters on purpose? -i.e. a modern version of the story?
1. Jesus here wear that tie -as a boss- but that hat -as a guard-. Well, i hope that explain much on how is His character.
And yeah, there might be special meaning like this in every of the characters.
Like how smart the Torah scribes actually if they are compared to the Disciples who just like a kids.
And such...

2. Voice acts take so much time, so nope... :roll:

3. If only there are other person who are willing to do it :D

happyMILK

#19 Post by happyMILK »

I am so overjoyed at your VN! I respect you a lot! It has been my ultimate dream to make a VN based on Jesus and Christianity! I respect you a lot! I love the animations too! I wish I understood Indonesian! But I've been trying to come up with a story for my own project that integrates Jesus' teachings, and it really takes a lot of work. God bless you for your inspiration to me and others!

tkhnoman
Regular

#20 Post by tkhnoman »

Ah yeah.. I tried a recording with a song "Ku bri yang terbaik" for this game.
(This is a theme song for “A Gift” Christmas event that held at December 25, 2011 in my church)

The quality is so bad, that's why in the end, i'm not putting it into the game.
http://www.mediafire.com/?95470jgtjm6bf7v

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#21 Post by Crocosquirrel »

I've heard a great many things about this game, and I'll give it a look-see even if the subject matter isn't my favorite. I may have questions later about how you did it...
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

#22 Post by xavimat »

tkhnoman wrote:
facades wrote: There were three things going through my mind as I was playing the game :
1. Jesus here wear that tie -as a boss- but that hat -as a guard-. Well, i hope that explain much on how is His character.
Like how smart the Torah scribes actually if they are compared to the Disciples who just like a kids.
And such...

Congratulations for this work!
I'm interested in making games about Jesus. Maybe not a whole gospel, but small parts of it, but I can't draw :(
I'm interested also in translating your game into Spanish and Catalan, and eventually into Italian. What do you think about it?

tkhnoman
Regular

#23 Post by tkhnoman »

xavimat wrote:
tkhnoman wrote:
And such...

Congratulations for this work!
I'm interested in making games about Jesus. Maybe not a whole gospel, but small parts of it, but I can't draw :(
I'm interested also in translating your game into Spanish and Catalan, and eventually into Italian. What do you think about it?

About translating. Well it will be good, but editing the whole stuff to other language takes too much time. So i don't think we can do it.
The script files is editable btw.

tenshi_ryuechi

#24 Post by tenshi_ryuechi »

This is really inspiring. I liked the way you designed the characters. Now kids will be interested reading the Bible too. Godbless!! :D :D :D

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#25 Post by Godline »

Did this project get abandoned in the end? If so it's too bad. :-( Seemed rather different.

InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

#26 Post by InvertMouse »

When there are so many games out there, having one that looks so different really drew my attention! Very clever choice of going with black and white to ensure the project stays manageable. A lot of work has obviously gone behind this. Downloading now. Looking forward to playing it :).

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#27 Post by AsHLeX »

Wow! I love the animations <3
Edit: Playing it now and I love how you kept so closely to the gospel while making it so easy to understand :D It's great to use to teach kids too. ^^" Good job and I really respect you for it. :D
New demo out 24/12/23!!

kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

#28 Post by kukiko-tan »

:) Ahaha...people talking here about lil' kids, while I think anyone can benefit from the game and its explanations. It was helpful for me, at least.

God bless the maker of this game! The talents you've been given have been used in a great way. It's amazing and has an overall great quality. It's an inspiration not only for Christians but also for game-makers out there to make something as out-of-the-box like this. I especially liked the smooth animations and the cute sprites.

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#29 Post by unknown5 »

very nice! loved the animations. =D
information wants to be free, yo.