papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Worst anime you have ever watched?

#91 Post by papillon »

And it wasn't horror, it was just showing the extreme concequences of cheating on the people you love.
Sorry, I have a beef with the argument that School Days was meaningfully deconstructing the harem solution. This is NOT a normal consequence of cheating on people. This is not how normal people behave, and holding it up as if it's a natural consequence of being a dick is creepy. There's far too much media that tries to play it like murder is a normal response to being cheated on. And, well, NO. IT ISN'T.

Sure, there are real-life people of both genders who will murder you if they think you're cheating on them. Those people are disturbed and no one should date them!

I don't object to the plot of School Days, I think it's an interesting story of everything blowing up in your face. I only raise eyebrows at those who claim this is "more realistic" than other h-game scenarios. :)

Keilis
Regular

#92 Post by Keilis »

Starry Sky. Those 10-minute or so episodes were the longest 10 minutes spent in my life. Times 26. Good Lord.

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#93 Post by tuna_sushi »

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.
watched it so I can laugh at something, but I regretted it -____-

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#94 Post by try10 »

Pokemon. ( The first episodes were ok, but when they started adding more and more seasons and pokemons it ruined the whole show and my childhood...)
Digimon
Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball. (Horrible...I have no ideea why lots of ppl watch it...).
R.O.D the TV ( Strange...I hated it maybe bacause of the characters personalities )
Yu-Gi-Oh
Duel Masters

BLEHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!11

Kylock
Regular

#95 Post by Kylock »

Spiral.

Not so much because the show itself was bad (it was more mediocre than anything) but because of the theme song. Auuuuuuuuuuugh. Hearing it is like being punched in the face with an active taser.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#96 Post by LVUER »

try10 wrote:Dragon Ball. (Horrible...I have no ideea why lots of ppl watch it...).
Lots of people watch it because they love the manga. Try to read one, it's awesome. One of the things that ruin the anime is those fillers, of course there are none of that in the manga.

Or you could try Dragon Ball Kai, it also have no filler and very faithful to the manga.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Kyonko802
Regular
Projects: Yukionna

#97 Post by Kyonko802 »

Strike Witches, good lord Strike Witches.

I wasn't expecting much going in, but it managed to put the bar even lower than I thought it would be. Crappy story, dumb cliche moe characters, panty shot after panty shot after panty shot.

It was horrifying, I couldn't even make it past the second episode.

What made it worse was I just got done watching the phenomenal Nanoha series, so I went from something that was completely awesome, to something that was completely crap.
Currently trying to regain my sanity.

Yukionna Project Thread

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#98 Post by Taleweaver »

try10 wrote:R.O.D the TV ( Strange...I hated it maybe bacause of the characters personalities )
Aw. Now. Read Or Dream wasn't that bad... the problem is that it started as a spy show and then suddenly became The Uncanny X-Men. And when...
suddenly national monuments are sold to foreign powers (think China being allowed to set up a military base on the Statue of Liberty) and completely uninvolved school kids are brainwashed by the Big Bads for no reason but to show that they CAN...
...the show somehow became ridiculous. Entertaining, but ridiculous.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#99 Post by LVUER »

Just a bit OOT info: R.O.D from ROD the TV stands for Read or Die. Read or Dream is the title for one of ROD mangas, the one done by Hideyuki Kurata (there are 2 ROD manga, IINM).

I also love ROD series, although I could see the plot and twist in ROD the TV a mile away (and I don't really like the main characters). I still prefer ROD OVA (the one that features Nenene). In fact, when Nenene appears on ROD the TV, I was really happy ^_^
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#100 Post by HigurashiKira »

papillon wrote:
And it wasn't horror, it was just showing the extreme concequences of cheating on the people you love.
Sorry, I have a beef with the argument that School Days was meaningfully deconstructing the harem solution. This is NOT a normal consequence of cheating on people. This is not how normal people behave, and holding it up as if it's a natural consequence of being a dick is creepy. There's far too much media that tries to play it like murder is a normal response to being cheated on. And, well, NO. IT ISN'T.

Sure, there are real-life people of both genders who will murder you if they think you're cheating on them. Those people are disturbed and no one should date them!

I don't object to the plot of School Days, I think it's an interesting story of everything blowing up in your face. I only raise eyebrows at those who claim this is "more realistic" than other h-game scenarios. :)
Extreme has now been bolded for emphasis.
There are a noticable amount of people who kill cheating lovers or their mistresses/whateveryoucallamalemistress, if that wasn't the case, why is it that you can find many cases where something similar has happened? And School Days really is more close to home than your average erouge.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#101 Post by papillon »

As I said, I'm reacting to some people claiming that this is a MORE REALISTIC depiction, that this is "what would really happen if you tried to sleep with multiple girls at once". That may not have been quite what you meant, but it's what I've heard in other places and therefore what I'm a little cranky about.

There are people who kill their partners. These people are disturbed. These are not normal people. This is not a normal consequence of cheating. People acting as if it IS a normal consequence worry me, because it suggests that they think that they would be justified in going on a murder spree if cheated on. :)

The cases that end up in murder sprees are a tiny fraction compared to the cases that end up with hurt feelings, yelling, breakups... or forgiveness. (For whatever reason an awful lot of people do accept the apologies and stay together.)

You can find a notable number of cases of horrible revenge because suitably horrible revenge makes the news. You're not going to get 2000 news stories a day of "Alex forgives Chris' infidelity" or "Sam has casual sex with 7 partners in a week and none of them are particularly bothered by it". But if you ask your group of friends, I think the ratio of "We just broke up" to "I killed him and every member of his family" is not going to be evenly balanced. :)
And School Days really is more close to home than your average erouge.
Sorry, but I don't see this at all.

J. Datie
Veteran

#102 Post by J. Datie »

papillon wrote:You're not going to get 2000 news stories a day of "Alex forgives Chris' infidelity" or "Sam has casual sex with 7 partners in a week and none of them are particularly bothered by it".
Well, not outside of high school, anyways.

And I'd like to think that if the description "the protagonist's girlfriend who gets all stabby-stabby" doesn't narrow it down to one character, the game probably isn't that grounded in reality.
Of course, the really unrealistic part was that anybody could spend more than a few seconds talking to the protagonist without bursting into laughter over his ridiculous voice.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#103 Post by OtomeWeekend »

*Double post once agaiiinnnn TT_TT
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#104 Post by OtomeWeekend »

um... unless it was a fantasy crap H-game, I think our average H-game is far closer to home than in school days. I mean, first of all, if you murder someone, you'll get caught by the police or at least the first to see the scene(aka Kotonoha or something near that) should have reported it to the police on the spot and not just slap the othe girl(setsuna i think), then kill her too later to SEE a baby which might be just a few months or weeks old that it might just be blood(and you learn that in elementary. Kotonoha is an honor student or crap so she doesn't know that?) then chop your bf and ride in a cruise hugging his head while watching the sunset. Consulting a psychologist would be highly recommended especially to kotonoha who is just sooo stupid and ignorant to the facts she should face, and to her messed-up brain who thought chopping someone after being killed is okay.

Are we near sanity or near home? No. Pretend that you are one of the girls or just Kotonoha(because Setsuna might be quite understandable), maybe you are just too in love with that manwhore or you might have gone nuts after being betrayed 1231707418times. Or I don't know.

lol, this was my 999th post...
Last edited by OtomeWeekend on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#105 Post by try10 »

I've also seen School Days and I've laughted so much that I couldn't possibly hate it.

The whole plot seemed funny to me.( I mean that guy Makoto was plain and dumb looking so I really had no ideea why those stupid girls were so obsessed with him. Kotonoha was so crazy and stupid that I couldn't even pity her... The final episode was EPIC!:D