Nevermind! (took this on myself! So no help needed anymore!)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
TheSnowflakeOfDoom
Regular
Projects: Symphonie des Rêves

Nevermind! (took this on myself! So no help needed anymore!)

#1 Post by TheSnowflakeOfDoom »

I decided to take this whole thing on myself!
It's good for practice, thankyou for your advice though! It really helped!!~
Last edited by TheSnowflakeOfDoom on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

peong-keu
Regular
Completed: My Magical Cosplay Cafe • Novus Magus Amorous
Tumblr: saeun
Deviantart: saeun

Re: Looking for anyone and everyone willing to help~

#2 Post by peong-keu »

Not to be a downer, but please read this (whole) thread and consider revising your position in this project http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=14462

If you have no skills or experience, does it seem fair to the people you recruit? But, if you join an existing team as an assistant/editor/composer anything you have some skill in, you can gain experience and develop the skills you need to start a solid project.

TheSnowflakeOfDoom
Regular

Re: Looking for anyone and everyone willing to help~

#3 Post by TheSnowflakeOfDoom »

peong-keu wrote:Not to be a downer, but please read this (whole) thread and consider revising your position in this project http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=14462

If you have no skills or experience, does it seem fair to the people you recruit? But, if you join an existing team as an assistant/editor/composer anything you have some skill in, you can gain experience and develop the skills you need to start a solid project.
I guess that's true, but in saying that, I do have experience in RPG making (Using RPG maker software) But I wasn't sure that was relevent, as for art goes, I draw dragons well... And eyes... That's about it... Music wise, I compose, and I have access to a recording studio and an orchestra! But That will take time to arrange. Writing, I can write basic code, and as far as story goes I am just below average, so yes...

I don't really know if this is relevent to your answer (Which was really helpful! I am in the process of redoing this proposal! And looking for any teams to join!) But I would never take full credit for anything, I was just looking for anybody who liked my Idea and wanted to help me with it! :D

Edit: I changed the concept of the plea for help now! Does it sound any better now?

peong-keu
Regular
Completed: My Magical Cosplay Cafe • Novus Magus Amorous
Tumblr: saeun
Deviantart: saeun

Re: Anyone interested in helping me develop this idea?

#4 Post by peong-keu »

I do think it sounds better now (°∀°)b Having the idea more clearly described is good
But try not to get your expectations too high until you have at least 1 solid skill to offer a team

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#5 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

TheSnowflakeOfDoom wrote:After reading around a bit, I understood I wasn't actually ready to full on create my project yet, but only spark interest, and maybe make a few friends who are willing to help me with this idea in the future!
So here I go:
The basic plot:
Taking into account everyone loves a short, fluffy school dating game, I warped the idea to suit my warped imagination (However if you're interested pleasepleaseplease tell me your ideas and stuff!)
So the setting is a musical conservatory (Haven't thaught of a name, or a place yet!) in which only the best young musicians of this day and age can attend. Apart from individual lessons, the orchestra is one of the main classes there, being known throught the world for its talent.
The story starts of with the main character (You) being given a chance to join this school full of dark secrets and all that jazz (No pun intended! :P)
You may want to set it at the real-world school Juliard, which is pretty much what you've described.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

TheSnowflakeOfDoom
Regular

#6 Post by TheSnowflakeOfDoom »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:You may want to set it at the real-world school Juliard, which is pretty much what you've described.
Oooh :D Thankyou! I might play on words with it a bit though some people might be offended if I derectly use the school, no?I've had that problem before... But after reading their website (I want to join!) It does sound like exacly what I was thinking of! Thankyou!~