Diablo III - Who plays it?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: Diablo III - Who plays it?

#16 Post by teacup »

wakagana wrote:I feel like the game its self is really repetative, kinda getting bored and im only lvl 10 :I
I finally got to play it yesterday with a couple of friends, and this is pretty much how I felt about it.
I decided to play as a male wizard, and my friends were a monk and a demon hunter.
We only got to level 12-14 before I lost interest.
It just gets boring after a while. I couldn't ever imagine playing this by myself, I think I'd get bored within minutes.
I'm kinda glad I didn't buy it now... sigh... I'm sure it's really fun when you're new to the game but I just can't stop comparing it to Diablo II.

Ziassan
Veteran

#17 Post by Ziassan »

As a fan of Diablo I (was a bit tired by Diablo II after some plays, not as much immersive), I wanted to try Diablo III.

I wanted. But my internet connexion is unstable (micro-cuts regulary), and even the solo mode needs a constants connexion. So goodbye. Meh.

south desert islander
Regular

#18 Post by south desert islander »

Because of my year contract with Blizzard, I got the came for free. Playing it, I came in expecting more a dungeon crawl with various levels of dungeon diving. The game is solid, but the crawling mechanics make it feel shallow. I never had to go any deeper than 4 levels in any dungeon, so it felt too quick.

I never played Diablo II that much either, but Diablo III feels like it is really short and boring. The worse aspect I am seeing is some of these epic/heroic monsters have abilities that are just overpowered with the intelligence of the NES era. The idea behind it is to randomize abilities and make the monsters harder to kill, what they do in reality is give these monsters a near zero chance of defeat if the right abilities are given to that monster. That's not how you make a game challenging but hard, that just makes the game hard. I find it sad when a game like Dark Souls shows you how to make a hard game and Diablo III comes out with nothing shown or learned from it.