(P)lanets 2 [Cancelled]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cinnamoon
Regular
Projects: Crystal Aria ~Starlight (20%), かわいいなリズム (38%)
Organization: CoffeeCat

Re: (P)lanets 2 [GxB] [Sci-Fi School Life]

#106 Post by Cinnamoon »

Oh ! Teacup.
I really wanted to thank you for all your hard work. I enjoyed the first Planets so much !
I could'nt help to play it over and over again... It was so refreshing ! I liked it.
J'ai cru comprendre que tu étais française ? Je ne m'en serais jamais douté tant Planets était bien écrit. Finalement, il y a quand même des français qui se cachent ici et là sur LemmaSoft ^^
I'm really looking forward Planets 2 <3

Generic Timeline

#107 Post by Generic Timeline »

Don't worry, teacup! I'll gladly wait a few extra months to play a game with the quality of what Planets 2 promises to be, and I'm sure most (if not all) of the people that has been following this game's progress will understand as well. My condolences on your hard times, and best of luck on both Planets 2 and Circum[N]avigate~

theOldDog

#108 Post by theOldDog »

Remain Calm- we'll wait! Live your life, and it will enrich your work.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#109 Post by Obscura »

teacup wrote: I have the outline done, but I just can’t write. I think it’s because Rinko’s voice isn’t defined enough, so I’m not entirely sure of how the narration should be done. After a lot of consideration, I will be redoing Rinko’s personality completely. I am just having so much trouble.
I am moving away for the first time in my life and I am filled with stress of leaving my family, boyfriend and friends behind. That makes it very difficult for me to write a happy, funny game like (P)lanets should be.
Almost all of us writers have been in this same boat with ya, girl. So we know how you feel, all too well.

It's a good sign that you've picked up on why you can't write. Rinko is probably not that interesting to you...I suspect your intuition is telling you there is a much more interesting character around the corner?

And all the stress in your life right now...maybe it's a sign that you want to give Planets2 a slightly more adult theme? A little more angst? Just throwing it out there. :wink:
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#110 Post by gekiganwing »

teacup wrote:But I have to be honest. Right now I am stuck on this game.
Do you have another person to assist you with your writing? If not, would you consider trying to find someone who could help you?

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#111 Post by michi 18 »

miss teacup uhmm.......when will this be published im looking forward to it i loved ur former game and i want another one but take ur time im willing to as long as it would be great and i believe in you but please post here the link if ur done please i would really wanna play it
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

Cue-san
Regular

#112 Post by Cue-san »

Teacup is really amazing OAO
* Creating a new life, Back to Study, Back to Arts - Creating a new game >:D<

Icookiieess

#113 Post by Icookiieess »

Ahhhh! Can't Wait!!! <3 not forgetting to mension that Yusa is deff the most amazing ;) But Kaius is deff my fav overall <333333 :3

Anygirl4444

#114 Post by Anygirl4444 »

Looks great! OMG KAIUS! And Mikah's line about stars! OMG! Totally from Haruhi! Can't wait to play!

Anygirl4444

#115 Post by Anygirl4444 »

Mikah says the same thing Haruhi does XD but they don't have the same last name so now i'm confused :/ ......oh well! guess i'll have to wait and see!

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#116 Post by Destiny »

OH MY GOD *__*
Your game was my first Ren'Py game and I loved it!
I played it through till I had all endings in a bit more then a day because I was too anxious to know what happens.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait >___<

The artworks seems to have become much better, too :)
And the features sound so interesting, can't wait for a demo.

And you get a thumps up for having Miku sing in your opening :'D
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

DeepObsession

#117 Post by DeepObsession »

Teacup-senpai! Don't worry, take all the time you need. I'm pretty sure all of your fans will be waiting patiently ^^ I just want to say, good luck in your game and in your life C: I just joined LSF to cheer you up and to stalk you x3

Seriously there is no way to show how thankful I am. I'm a HUGE fan of yours and I know my thanks will never be enough neither compensate for all the time, and effort you're putting into making games, specially free games, for us. I'll look forward to your games and again thank you so much. I love (p)lanets and I'm 100% sure that (p)lanets 2 will succeed just as the first one. I love the improvements and your art is BEAU-TI-FUL!

Ps. So far I like Yusa *w* hehe specially in the picture you have on your blog of him reading SHOUJO manga (lovely complex) x3 suuuuuuper cuuute! haha he's a fan of Shoujo Beat :3 & I loved Lucan in (p)lanets even though I was totally not expecting that huge secret he was hiding :o but then definitely Kaius stole my heart with the kitty thing :3 haha (even though I'm a dog lover). Well that's it, thanks again and omg! I just freakin love you!! o(>3<)o

fallenangel198

#118 Post by fallenangel198 »

i loved your first game cant wait for this to come out good luck
my deveint art account http://fallenangel198.deviantart.com/ and hii everyone

ibelieveicanfall

#119 Post by ibelieveicanfall »

DeepObsession wrote: I just joined LSF to cheer you up and to stalk you x3
^^same reason I joined.

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#120 Post by Cidz »

teacup wrote:Thanks so much for the comments everyone! Happy to hear you guys are looking forward to it! ;w;
But I have to be honest. Right now I am stuck on this game.
I have the outline done, but I just can’t write. I think it’s because Rinko’s voice isn’t defined enough, so I’m not entirely sure of how the narration should be done. After a lot of consideration, I will be redoing Rinko’s personality completely. I am just having so much trouble.
I am moving away for the first time in my life and I am filled with stress of leaving my family, boyfriend and friends behind. That makes it very difficult for me to write a happy, funny game like (P)lanets should be. My other game, I can write freely. But this one, I just can't. I’m sorry guys.
Please let me take a short break from writing this to get it together. In the mean time I will be working on the artwork, but the script is going to have to wait. Please don't give up hope on me. This happened with the first (P)lanets as well, but I got that one done. I'm sure I can get this done too, with time.
I know the feeling, soooo many times have i had an outline, or have i written a character's plot only to completely scrap it and rewrite it. I had to also redo a characters plot and personality completely because I just couldn't work with him. However after taking a breather and rethinking about what to do, i found that i liked the new ideas for him better, and now im rather enjoying writing his route and not having so many problems.

So a break would probably be good for you. take care of what you need to do in real life, relax, rethink your characters you're having trouble with. and after the stress of moving has gone and you've settled in, I'm sure you'll be able to do fine! You have quite the dedicated fanbase, and I don't think it's going to go away anytime soon so no worries! You'll finish planet(s)2 eventually. It's better to take a break sometimes then to try and for yourself to do something, you'll get better results that way. Well good luck with everything! I'll always look forward to planets 2 when it comes out (also i realized...i never finished planetes 1! well then, ill go do the redheaded's route in the meantime lol.)