great vn creation engine

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
NastyHabit

great vn creation engine

#1 Post by NastyHabit »

Here is a link to a great vn creation engine; it has free versions to try , and paid versions are not to expensive. I registered years ago and have made a number of games and have found this to be a remarkable engine It is easy to use and powerful with some scripting that is quite easy for those who like to get down to variables and logic puzzles. I have found no better creation software anywhere. Do give it a look you will not be sorry.

http://www.maxmediapro.com.br/index.php.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: great vn creation engine

#2 Post by fleet »

NastyHabit wrote:Here is a link to a great vn creation engine; it has free versions to try , and paid versions are not to expensive. I registered years ago and have made a number of games and have found this to be a remarkable engine It is easy to use and powerful with some scripting that is quite easy for those who like to get down to variables and logic puzzles. I have found no better creation software anywhere. Do give it a look you will not be sorry.

http://www.maxmediapro.com.br/index.php.

Do you have any samples of the games that you made using the software?
What does the software cost?
Ren'py and Novelty are free. What's this software do that they cannot?
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#3 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

The website has a list of vague features, but no actual examples of work created with that engine. Just some broken links and text only PDFs. There is not even any examples of how it works, or a forum. Seems fishy to me.

EDIT: I was mistaken. There are some samples which basically are poorly formatted text and low rez images that just cycle.
Either this is a scam, or the creators need to shoot the people who are doing the advertising.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

NastyHabit

#4 Post by NastyHabit »

No this product is not a scam at all. I have used it for years , I have the pro version which I paid around $100 for m but the free versions work for trial use and may even give enough give enough features for a vn. Why use it...it is very easy and fast to work with. It can load avi animations or gif or flash. I di have a sample of one of my games not a vn but a ai chat game over on freewarefiles I will add link below. I haveused almost all freeware game makers and found this to be the most likeable and easy to use. My first exsperience in programming was back on the amiga computers using an ap called cando. Thes is very similar, it uses a hypercard sort of system, do try the free versions out.

Sample Game
http://www.freewarefiles.com/UIA-AIU_program_25849.html

I have only one complaint, they software is made in brazil, most of the forum is in spanish and the creator speaks english poorly, so support is not good at all. But it has a built in manual that is great, so I have had few problems.

NastyHabit

#5 Post by NastyHabit »

Is this forum just for Ren'py ? If so I will leave leave coding ideas out of my posts.

yu1988
Regular
Projects: avan story
Organization: anigu

#6 Post by yu1988 »

TrickWithAKnife wrote: the creators need to shoot the people who are doing the advertising.
Haha, love this one.
Our game : Image
Visit our blog and twitter to get updates.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#7 Post by PyTom »

NastyHabit wrote:Is this forum just for Ren'py ? If so I will leave leave coding ideas out of my posts.
No, although Ren'Py has its own section, discussion of other engines is welcomed by the forum administration. (That doesn't mean they are immune from criticism, however.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

NastyHabit

#8 Post by NastyHabit »

Understood I have very thick skin , grins not to worry. I honestly have no interest in maxmedia other than being a fan of this software. I do realize nobody has even heard of it. I just find it really easy to use. So pass on what works for me.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#9 Post by fleet »

The free version is just for a trial, the pro version costs $100, and support is 'not good at all"?

No, thanks. I have better things to do with my very limited funds.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.