Megami Tensei, anyone?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

Re: Megami Tensei, anyone?

#31 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

Genesislove wrote:I also play the MMORPG.
Yaay, another player on lemma :D
May I know your IGN?
DeeKay wrote:Oh, I was wondering about the MMO. Is it fun to play ? And of course, is it worth playing with friends ? ;)
Well, Imagine is hard to play, and takes a long time to make a progress. Of course you can invest some real money to quickly
obtain good items and weapons.
Overall is fun to play, specially if you play with people you know. I was meant to play with a friend, but he almost never log in.
I ended up playing with other people I met in game. It's totally not a game to solo, I tried :lol:
I'm meeting some cool people there, so I'm definitely having a fun experience.

Curious fact, my PC is showing a weird behavior. Internet browsing and apps like messenger are working slow, while Imagine
started working fast. Add my sudden large amount of free time to that :lol:

DeeKay
Veteran

#32 Post by DeeKay »

Kuroneko_rg wrote:Well, Imagine is hard to play, and takes a long time to make a progress.
Hah, that's not going to stop me ! ;)
I use only one credit on Time Crisis 2 in arcades. That shows the kind of freak gamer I am. It reminds me of a time when I played and the whole room went silent, watching me play ^^'''''''''
Kuroneko_rg wrote:Of course you can invest some real money to quickly obtain good items and weapons.
No ! That defeats the purpose !
Kuroneko_rg wrote:Overall is fun to play, specially if you play with people you know. I was meant to play with a friend, but he almost never log in.
I ended up playing with other people I met in game. It's totally not a game to solo, I tried :lol:
I'm meeting some cool people there, so I'm definitely having a fun experience.
Great ! You know, I used to be a veteran healer type character in MMOs so playing with other people isn't a problem at all. I still remember the Teamspeak discussions as we went to dungeons, nice memories :)
Kuroneko_rg wrote:Curious fact, my PC is showing a weird behavior. Internet browsing and apps like messenger are working slow, while Imagine
started working fast. Add my sudden large amount of free time to that :lol:
Hmm... did you defrag, clean up your drive and update your drivers to make sure ? ^^'
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran

#33 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

Deekay wrote:Hmm... did you defrag, clean up your drive and update your drivers to make sure ? ^^'
I think it has to do with the 3G modem actually. Yup, I use a 3G modem for playing. Always get laughs when I mention it in game.
I'll take a look in the config. Probably something got messed up.

Genesislove
Regular

#34 Post by Genesislove »

Kuroneko_rg wrote:
May I know your IGN?
It's Kachisa.:)
But yeah, I definitely recommend Imagine to any hardcore MegaTen fan, it's probably not for people who are exclusively Persona fanboys.

DeeKay
Veteran

#35 Post by DeeKay »

Genesislove wrote:
Kuroneko_rg wrote:
May I know your IGN?
It's Kachisa.:)
But yeah, I definitely recommend Imagine to any hardcore MegaTen fan, it's probably not for people who are exclusively Persona fanboys.
Then I'm hooked ! I'll certainly try it out in the future ;)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran

#36 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

Genesislove wrote:It's Kachisa.:)
I'll keep an eye open then.
My IGN is AkashanoTenshi, and chances are I'll be either walking on babel, killing HuaPos or soloing celu silver for jewels XD

Dobuchu
Regular

#37 Post by Dobuchu »

Heck yeah! Love that series. P4 is the best in my opinion, but I really do like the online game too. I don't know what it is about taming little beasties that makes pointless hours of time spent online fun, but it does.
Deji wrote:I've only played P3 and P4 Arena. I'm waiting for P4 Golden on the Vita (:

I absolutely love it! The visual style and the music are one of my favorite things <3
I'm really interested in P4 Golden too, but right now, I'm not convinced that there's any other reason to buy a PS Vita other than for that. And I've already played it on the PS2, so I don't know if there's really a point in replaying a slightly upgraded version of it. I'll probably just save my money. Borrrring. / :

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#38 Post by LVUER »

I hope they will release P4 Golden in PS3 too, since I don't know when I'm going to buy a Vita. The battery life is simply a big turn-off for me.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Dobuchu
Regular

#39 Post by Dobuchu »

LVUER wrote:I hope they will release P4 Golden in PS3 too, since I don't know when I'm going to buy a Vita. The battery life is simply a big turn-off for me.
I haven't heard about the battery life on Vita till now. I have a DS3 and it's battery life is pretty sad when you start playing in 3D. It feels like the hand helds are getting away from their most appealing feature, portability and long life! I don't think they should focus on the graphics so much as long as they're decent, since this is probably what's draining the life out of handhelds nowadays, even though it would be nice if we could eat our cakes and have them too. But I don't know when that'll ever happen, so I'd rather they just keep to the formula that was working before. Back to topic... Hope P4 does come out for the PS3. That game really needs more love. It's just that amazing to me.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#40 Post by LVUER »

I hear it's more or less the same as 3DS (about 3-5 hours). Really, handheld console should have at least 8-10 hours of battery life. Even a cheaper netbook or ultrabook can last longer than 5 hours nowadays... PSP and DS Lite already have an ideal battery life for a handheld console.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

darkphilious

#41 Post by darkphilious »

I played Persona 2, and I liked it. I've already played P3 and P4. I also played SMT Devil Summoner (Nocturne, Devil Summoner, Raidou Kuzunoha). I have to say I like Atlus.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#42 Post by SundownKid »

For the record, I played:

Persona 3
Persona 4
Digital Devil Saga I & II
SMT: Strange Journey
Raidou: Devil Summoner II
Devil Survivor I & II

The first SMT game I played was Persona 4, but I'm equally a fan of the darker and bleaker ones. I really have no idea how Persona came from such an apocalyptic series, but I'm not complaining - I still think the gameplay of Devil Summoner II is the best in the series, though.

I just wish Digital Devil Saga was less grindy and hardcore. It's a cool, unique game with really difficult gameplay. It's basically the closest thing SMT ever made to Final Fantasy - a 5 character party, turn based random battles and huge world exploration.

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Red eyes in the darkness

#43 Post by Ryue »

Played Persona 2,3 and 4 so far
and shin megami tensai: Nocturne
Digital devil saga 1,2
Devil survivor 1

I LOVE the character relationship idea from persona 3 and 4 (it brought quite a bit of life and gave the player the ability to decide on with whom he wants to press a relationship [friendship or romance] and with whom not).
Devil survivor was a bit of a let down (found it boring that I had to fight for hours the same enemies over and over again to even have a chance against the "boss" enemies).

Started with Nocturne there.

Btw how is Devil survivor 2?

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#44 Post by SundownKid »

Wolf wrote: Devil survivor was a bit of a let down (found it boring that I had to fight for hours the same enemies over and over again to even have a chance against the "boss" enemies).

Btw how is Devil survivor 2?
I played both, and Devil Survivor 2 is definitely an improvement over the first. The bosses are more original and require strategy, music is better, battling in general has been improved somewhat (though the core game remains the same). The plot isn't award-winning material, with the characters kind of being like copycats of the first game, but it's pretty fun and challenging.

yasuchan
Projects: Riscrivere ~First Chapter~

#45 Post by yasuchan »

Guys i think persona is becoming real.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luZni42sBz0
Quick, throw me into a tv already, i want a cool persona like izanagi! X3
And remember, minato died for your sins... O.O so did big sis Maya... T_T