Miruku wants YOU for translation & proofreading (fr > en)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

Miruku wants YOU for translation & proofreading (fr > en)

#1 Post by Helianthus »

My team is currently on a big project : a VN which begins as a typical (?) bishoujo game but slowly shifts toward a more complex story. We decided to release it as several chapters/episodes to simplify our work (a huge saga is planned) and the first one already came out. We're now working on the next episode, having the scenario and the music done, as you can see in our WIP topic. The others assets are getting done rather quickly too so we're hoping for an early september release. But the major problem is that the team members, me included, are all French.
So I’m looking for people who could help my team translating that episode in English. We had difficulties last time because we translated almost everything ourselves and didn't find any proofreader to correct what we had done, as a result people told us the translation was very average and we want to improve that.
The file represents 30 000 words/50 pages, so the more people interested there are, the less each person will have to translate : something like 10, 15 or 20 pages per person would be great !

We’ll really appreciate if someone could lend us a hand for a french > english translation ! If you're interested, please PM me !
Otherwise there won’t be anything readable for the nice English folks here and Miruku will be sad 8) !
[I'm redoing an old topic posted for the translation of the first episode to update it, so it's normal to read unrelated comments]
Last edited by Helianthus on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

specialtantei
Veteran

Re: Miruku wants YOU for translation

#2 Post by specialtantei »

Oh no, you made Mi(ru)(ku) cry! *swap them syllables and you'll get the joke*
I have a first level degree in French but it's not good enogh to translate 40000 words. If it were less than 5000 I might have given it a shot but this is too much for me, sorry :(. Hope you are lucky and find translators, I really want to play this game ~.

Helianthus
Regular

#3 Post by Helianthus »

specialtantei wrote:Oh no, you made Mi(ru)(ku) cry! *swap them syllables and you'll get the joke*
I have a first level degree in French but it's not good enogh to translate 40000 words. If it were less than 5000 I might have given it a shot but this is too much for me, sorry :(. Hope you are lucky and find translators, I really want to play this game ~.
It took me hours to understand the joke X’).

Well, it’s 40 000 words altogether but we decided to share the translation between my teammates. So far we’re only three on it, so that makes 20-25 pages per member. But if people are willing to help us, it would be less work per volunteer (sheer logic, you might say). Even if you cannot do much, every bit would be appreciated =<
To be honest, I found my own part too difficult because I’m not a translator at all but that’s another thing

Thank you very much, we’ll do our best to release this game :D

Fade Lalique

#4 Post by Fade Lalique »

I would love to help, however, neither English nor French is my native language, therefore I can't guarantee that I could translate everything correctly without grammatical errors.
And I'm not sure whether my French is good enough (though I do understand what they are saying on the screenshots :3 ) but I'd sure love to give it a try~
Also, I don't get that joke
~My purple hair gives me the power to defy human anatomy~ ♪(┌・。・)┌~
http://fadelalique.deviantart.com/

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#5 Post by Stripe »

Ah, I don't know French but I just wanted to say that if you wanted a proofreader/editor who's a native English speaker, I'd be more than happy to help out in some way to make it sound more natural~!

Helianthus
Regular

#6 Post by Helianthus »

Fade Lalique wrote:I would love to help, however, neither English nor French is my native language, therefore I can't guarantee that I could translate everything correctly without grammatical errors.
And I'm not sure whether my French is good enough (though I do understand what they are saying on the screenshots :3 ) but I'd sure love to give it a try~
Also, I don't get that joke
That makes no difference for me, so I gladly accept your help, native language or not ;). I mean, if you understand the screenshots, I think you’ll also understand most of the dialogues... And if some parts are too difficult, you can let that for us, anyway.

I’ll PM you the details if that’s okay :)

(I think specialtantei wanted to mean « You made me cry ». Or else, I didn’t get the joke either XD)
Stripe wrote:Ah, I don't know French but I just wanted to say that if you wanted a proofreader/editor who's a native English speaker, I'd be more than happy to help out in some way to make it sound more natural~!
Thank you for your support ! If you’re around when we’ll have finished the translation, it’ll be a pleasure :3.

im_lunna
Projects: Translations of (P)lanets

#7 Post by im_lunna »

Hey!

I'm neither a french nor an english speaker, but I speak english on a pretty high level and learned french in high school (I understand quite a lot, even though i'm not too good at speaking it), so if you still need help, i'd like to be an assistant! I couldn't do the whole thing, but if we work in a team, I think we'd do all right :)

Also, I am doing right now some english -> german translations and I could give french -> german a shot too, if you'd be interested ^///^

- Miri

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#8 Post by Greeny »

I speak French and English fluently.
I will help you in exchange for XP.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

Helianthus
Regular

#9 Post by Helianthus »

Thanks for proposing, im_lunna and Greeny.
I'll send PM you, so we can talk about it more precisely :)

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Miruku wants YOU for translation & proofreading (fr > en

#10 Post by Helianthus »

Topic updated !

The first episode has been released, we're looking for help for the second one now :)