Flash games inside the Visual Novel

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
catnapy

Flash games inside the Visual Novel

#1 Post by catnapy »

Hello! So...I was planning to make this visual novel (note, I wanted to make it for android), but instead of having the basic story, where you just shuffle through the story, I wanted to add some little games, such as poking the screen in order to wake the character, or little things like that.
Do you think it's possible to make something like that?

(sorry if I entered the wrong section)

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Flash games inside the Visual Novel

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Welcome to the forum, Catnapy.

If you want to add some complex gameply to a visual novel, then you may benefit by looking through the Ren'py Cookbook. Be sure to read through the details, and try to replicate some of the gameplay concepts and special effects on your own. For instance, while on-screen buttons aren't quite what you asked for, they're discussed in the Cookbook, and they're reasonably similar.

If you can't get the effect you want with Ren'py, then you might want to try some other game engines. There's a list of similar game creation tools on the WVN community wiki, many of which are freeware.

Perhaps someone else on this forum can help you figure out how to create the gameplay or effect you want. Though if you're still learning how to create games and VNs, you will likely benefit by starting small and make a short story or two before you try anything else.