Artist(s) and Composer(s) Wanted for Visual Novel (unpaid)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
ZeroQ

Artist(s) and Composer(s) Wanted for Visual Novel (unpaid)

#1 Post by ZeroQ »

UPDATE: Composers have been found. A sprite artist has also been found, but I'm still looking for a CG artist.

Hello.
I am currently in the process of developing a reboot of a short visual novel I wrote last year.

You can download the original here: http://games.renpy.org/game/yandere
OR if you don't want to spend a lot of time playing through it (it's roughly 1hr 45min in length), you can watch this playthrough that somebody posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFc15R6cA78
Please keep in mind that this was written merely as a test to see if I could develop a "full-length" game, so expect to find a lot of grammatical errors and plot holes. Also the theme of the game is "yandere" (insane, lovesick person), so there are a small number of WTF moments too (licking blood of a knife, etc).

In this reboot I plan to add more characters and a more structured storyline, but I'm not feeling all that confident about my artwork. For an example of my artwork, see a mockup of the reboot in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc6MbNKnn0o
Anybody who wishes to draw the character sprites will basically be making more structured versions of the sprites featured in this video (including additional expressions/outfits), as well as any other characters that are created in the future (there will probably only be around five or six visible characters total).
There will also be a small amount of CG. If you want to illustrate the sprites but not the CG (or vice versa), please let me know.

I also think it would be nice to have some original music tracks, instead of using royalty-free music like I did for the original. I honestly don't know all that much about music composition, but all I'm looking for are some simple tracks (your generic VN music) to represent certain specific moods (happy, scary, unsettling etc).

For a clearer idea as to what I'm hoping to achieve, please refer to the following video (it's simply repeating what I've written here, only in greater detail and includes visual aids):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWcFPRpzMHg

If you wish to be a part of this project PLEASE provide examples of your work (images/music clips).

Thank you for your time. ^_^
Last edited by ZeroQ on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RangerDanger
Regular

Re: Artist(s) and Composer(s) Wanted for FREE Visual Novel

#2 Post by RangerDanger »

While I don't posses the talents that you are currently looking for (I am a musician as well, but I am a bit out of practice), I would like to offer my support in anyway I can, whether that means just this bumping your thread or assisting with something else (my forays would include programming, project management and editing).

Anyway good luck with this! It really sounds pretty cool.

ViRiX Dreamcore
Regular
Projects: Lost Girl

Re: Artist(s) and Composer(s) Wanted for short free Visual N

#3 Post by ViRiX Dreamcore »

Hi. I can't draw worth a dime... well maybe a dime, but not good enough to put on any VN.

However, I can help you out with a few songs.

Here's an example of one.
http://youtu.be/lxCeCEpcE84
http://youtu.be/mEZ_4EDcfog

and here's some other songs I did.
www.soundcloud.com/virix

If you'd like to use some of the songs from any of those links, just let me know.

ZeroQ

#4 Post by ZeroQ »

Wow, these are very nice!

I'll continue playing through your songs to see what I can find, but so far I'm impressed.

BTW I added "Moonlit Crystal" to my likes on Youtube.

Thanks.

:3

FlawedFlare
Regular
Projects: [Without Your Half],[ Underground], Unidentified Shallow Heart

#6 Post by FlawedFlare »

Oh man, ZeroQ. I've been a fan of yours since forever. (Loved your higurashi parody fandubs.) Back to relevance!
I played your yandere game way back and I thought it was absolutely awesome. I may be interested in joining; if I have time in the future to. But just in case...

Here's some examples:
This just from yesterday
And here's an old one.
An embarrassing little sketch chart

ViRiX Dreamcore
Regular
Projects: Lost Girl

#7 Post by ViRiX Dreamcore »

ZackParrish wrote:Would it be safe to assume these aren't paid positions? ;)
I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say yes... just based on how the topic title is worded. "free" meaning no one is getting any monetary income from it.

I don't mind helping out when I have the time though..

And thanks ZeroQ. Really appreciate it.

RoughsketchSymphony

#8 Post by RoughsketchSymphony »

I can do cg's... err drawings that is. But they're all in line art. I'm not really good with coloring. If you're interested pm me :D

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#9 Post by Fungii »

Just how many CGs do you have in mind? And what resolution is this game going to be made at?

ZeroQ

#10 Post by ZeroQ »

As of right now, I don't have a specific number of CGs in mind.
The resolution will be 1280x720.

ZeroQ

Re: Artist(s) and Composer(s) Wanted for Visual Novel (unpai

#11 Post by ZeroQ »

Still on the lookout for a CG and/or BG artist.
^_^