Can't stand the wait!!!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Semienigma
Regular
Projects: Cerebral Hinderance: Inner Iniquity

Can't stand the wait!!!

#1 Post by Semienigma »

I don't know if anyone else has done this or asked this about, but I'm new to VNs and want to create one. But while I was working on my sprites I had the urge to suddenly post what I have even though there isn't that much in the ideas forum. But I decided against it. Because I personally wanted to wait until I had more to upload.

Does anyone else get this? I'm not saying its bad or anything but while creating something do you ever just want to toss whatever you have on the internet to show others even thought its not even close to be developed yet? And if so, do you just do it, or do you wait until you feel you are ready?

Again, if someone's already done this just let me know XD
Working On:
Improving my art and my first Kinetic Novel Cerebral Hindrance: Inner Iniquity(more info coming soon)
Visit my Tumblr! to see my art

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Can't stand the wait!!!

#2 Post by Googaboga »

I know how you feel. When you are working on something for a long time sometimes you want to show it off and see what people think. Especially if it is something you are pleased with. So far whenever that has happened to me I just wait.

Perhaps you should try talking to someone new about your project. Maybe sharing the excitement or at least getting a reaction from someone new will help make it easier to wait to unveil it on a large scale.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#3 Post by teacup »

Haha, I feel the exact same way you do. I feel that way right now - I'm forcing myself to make a certain amount of progress before I make a thread for my game, but I just want to do it already! I hate the feeling of doing a lot of work but having no one to show it to.
If you have a blog, you could post smaller updates about your progress there until you're ready to post the finished stuff here? Back when I had a blog, that's what I did and it helped a lot.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#4 Post by Sapphi »

Semienigma wrote: Does anyone else get this? I'm not saying its bad or anything but while creating something do you ever just want to toss whatever you have on the internet to show others even thought its not even close to be developed yet?
Of course... when you make something, it's natural to want to share it with others and have a conversation about it. I think it's most satisfying to share my work with friends who are interested in my projects. I feel lonely when I made something and can't show anyone (or nobody cares about what I made)...
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Semienigma
Regular

#5 Post by Semienigma »

I like all your suggestions. I think I will do the Blog idea, mainly because everyone I know in person kind of hate VNs or won't give them a think. But I do have a tumblr I should use that. I have to say finding this site has helped a lot.

Glad I'm not the only one. I want t wait until I get all my sprites done for my demo but Lordy it feels like its taking forever. And I don't want to tire myself out either ><
Working On:
Improving my art and my first Kinetic Novel Cerebral Hindrance: Inner Iniquity(more info coming soon)

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#6 Post by merdeamour »

I feel that, too ... the only thing that's keeping me from posting is that I might become busy after I post everything I have (completed sprites, script) and people might think the project's going stagnant. I've also heard (from a friend of mine) that to transfer a thread from the Ideas to WiP, one has to have at least a screenshot of the game. So I have to wait. And the suspense is killing me.... xD
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#7 Post by Kato »

It's a cross we all have to bare unfortunately >< It's worse when you have something fully developed but still have to wait a while to publically release it. Ahhh, it eats away at you D:
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

DeeKay
Veteran

#8 Post by DeeKay »

Heh, tell me about it !
Whether it's development, writing or any creative activity for that matter, you feel kinda inclined to share about the stuff you've been working on for your personal projects.
It might be a pain to wait but, at the end of the day, it's worth it as long as you feel confident about the things you want to show :)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Semienigma
Regular

#9 Post by Semienigma »

Tell me about it. I just want to show people but if you just put up a bunch of stuff and then stop cuz you need to finish the rest, it does kind of look like the project isn't going anywhere >.>
Working On: