Where can I get free non-copyright music themes for my game?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
RolePlayingGirlT4
Projects: Elemental: The Priestess of Avalon.
Organization: Samurai Otaku

Where can I get free non-copyright music themes for my game?

#1 Post by RolePlayingGirlT4 »

Hi Everyone. I'm making a game on Renpy and found loads of Music from all over the web, but while having a friend who works a game creation company go over all my files, she said the music may be copyrighted and been used in over creations. I don't want to use them if they can get me in trouble. I also never knew about this until resently.

Does anyone have links to free and Non-Copyright music and themes for my game please? I really needed all kinds of themes for a normal and Fantasy type game. It's my first creation so I want it to sound and look good without it being taken down for copyright reasons I never knew about.

Thanks in advane for those who can help, your being my hero guys <3

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Where can I get free non-copyright music themes for my g

#2 Post by fleet »

RolePlayingGirlT4 wrote:Hi Everyone. I'm making a game on Renpy and found loads of Music from all over the web, but while having a friend who works a game creation company go over all my files, she said the music may be copyrighted and been used in over creations. I don't want to use them if they can get me in trouble. I also never knew about this until resently.

Does anyone have links to free and Non-Copyright music and themes for my game please? I really needed all kinds of themes for a normal and Fantasy type game. It's my first creation so I want it to sound and look good without it being taken down for copyright reasons I never knew about.

Thanks in advane for those who can help, your being my hero guys <3

I'm not a lawyer.
I really doubt that you'll find any non-copyrighted music, unless you find a recording that's over 75 years old and the copyright has not been renewed. There is, however, royalty free music available for you to use (it's copyrighted, but you can use it without paying for it). Just follow the terms of the license agreement. Here's a link to royalty free music.
http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#3 Post by ThisIsNoName »

There's also Creative Commons music that, while still being under copyright, allows you to modify it, distribute it, etc. as long as you follow the license. The nice thing is that, for the most part, you can just look at the title of the license to know what you can do with it.

Here's a good starting point to find some Creative Commons music.

Also, if you don't mind paying a bit, AudioJungle seems to have some pretty good songs for a very good price, and (at least as far as I can see) are royalty free. One thing to keep in mind is that the prices listed are for a non-commercial version of the license.

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#4 Post by dramspringfeald »

what your looking for is Royalty Free Music (Sometimes Free) // Creative Commons Music (usually free) // Public Domain (Free but with a catch)

Royalty Free Music Mostly Free Music and Sound Effects
Creative Commons
Free Play Music *I use this one the most.
CC Music resources Usually Free but you usually have to ask the creator and credit them in your games.
CC Music Communities More of the same.
Free Music Archive Also where I tend to get my music.
Public Domain Info
PDI-Music
Public Domain Music Does not seem to be affiliated with PDI

if all else fails Lurk on DA or FA and ask the creators of the music if you can use them. Furaffinity is less lax on people making music so some of the better DA artists have migrated over. Also Be sure to have your virus blockers up and running if you go to DA.

Public Domain music is always free however most times you have to make the music yourself.

I hope this Helps.

**updated PD info
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#5 Post by Taleweaver »

Also, here.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

EscalanteMusic
Completed: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5081297/
Projects: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5081297/

#6 Post by EscalanteMusic »

I'd also recommend contacting a composer and hiring them to do music for you. There seem to be quite a few on this website. (You could probably find one that will just do it for the credits.)

I might know...*COUGH*...SOMEONE...*COUGH*...who'd be willing to take a look at what you need, at this website. http://escalantemusic.com ;)

dorne
Regular

#7 Post by dorne »

Jamendo is a great place for non-copyright music. Many of them are non-commercial only, but if that's what you need there is alot of finished songs here. If you want to use them in a project they must be able to adapt, and should not have 'no derivative works'. You'll be safe. If you find a piece that is no derivative works, you can always contact the authors to waive the no derivative works. That's what I've done.
A Tale of a Meeting. A short sci-fi VN featuring space opera in one part of the universe.

Dorne's Lets Read Visual Novels
https://www.youtube.com/user/dornevn/videos