Ardor's Animus (BxG/BxB) DEMO

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Aurehan
Regular

Ardor's Animus (BxG/BxB) DEMO

#1 Post by Aurehan »

ImageImage
PG - 13 for language and sexual innuendos

Synopsis:
You play as Rasmus Christopoulos, a 22 year old comedian with the romance skills of stagnant lake water (even then, the water has better romancing skills than he). He's finally gotten the girl of his dreams and a decent work flow when complications from his past come back to bite him in the butt.

You decide if this sticky situation changes his life for the worst or improves it!

About the demo:
The demo covers the introduction, which includes the character introductions, some minor flirting and one moral dilemma.

About the game:
The game will have 4 possible romances along with a few crack endings, if you'd please. The project may recruit for beta-testers who will be willing enough to look over chapters as they come out later on in development. The writer is a tad slow, I apologise.

Please let me know what you think about plot/writing style/character interaction, and anything else you'd like to add! If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, or (especially) hiccups in code, do leave a comment so I can fix it.

Sorry for the bad jokes! :lol:

(c)Pokemon: Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 656 dialogue blocks, containing 6,233 words and 33,902
characters, for an average of 9.5 words and 52 characters per block.

The game contains 3 menus, 63 images, and 21 screens.
Last edited by Aurehan on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The two most important days of your life are
the day you are born, and the day you find out why.
"
[♦] Mark Twain

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

Re: Ardor's Animus (BxG/BxB) DEMO

#2 Post by merdeamour »

Yay for releasing your demo! (:

I love the art and the GUI... I spotted a few mistakes, but didn't get to write them down. I might do it when I have the time, though...

The story was a bit confusing--especially about the going back into the past thing. While I get that it's to, er, see Rasmus' emotions in a better light, you didn't actually give any background on Rasmus himself. Like, what brothers and sisters? The writing was a little... all over the place. As I said above, it can get pretty confusing. The blurb you put here about 'the past coming back to bite his butt' wasn't really clear to me because there was only a few sentences about
pranks he played on his brothers and sisters?

Also, er, the humor was pretty flat. I dont' know why--it just didn't read naturally to me.
Anyway, as I said, lovely art and GUI, although I probably wouldn't play it if the game itself is as vague as the demo. I was expecting at least a little introduction about Rasmus to make his predicament clear to the player.
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!