Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] Demo - 26 Sep

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB] FULL DEMO 1.0 UP

#166 Post by Akitsuki »

Downloading the demo~ Will give my thoughts later :D
Seeing that the drawings I helped with are in the screenshot somehow gives me a weird feeling ._.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#167 Post by Coren »

Haha I'm very grateful for your help! :) I hope you enjoy the demo.

Ezaki

#168 Post by Ezaki »

Kirroha wrote:
Ezaki wrote:
Kirroha wrote:@ Ezaki: Thanks for the quick reply! :) Why do you suspect Shirley has pyrokinesis, by the way? I don't think I ever hinted anything like that in the demo, heh.
There was a part when little Shirley and little Kaison were talking. She said it wasn't his fault. She killed Terry with her mind or something like that. :D . So, does she have it? XD
Oh, what she meant was that she was just trying to whatever extent she could to rid Kaison of his own self-blame by telling him that she wanted to kill him first, and it's the intention that counts, so he should just think that she was the one who killed him. Flimsy logic, I know, but that child was just trying to do whatever she could at that point.
Oh, i see.. D: I hoped that she had it though. Thanks for explaining! :D

whitenenesha
Regular
Projects: White Days / Fragile Hearts

#169 Post by whitenenesha »

I'm in middle of playing when suddenly my laptop crashed--orz.
It was really good length, and I really love Chloe, I wonder what'll she do next. Somehow I'm suspicious of Shirley being the girl in Kaison memories--ah, maybe just my imagination, I'm not done with the demo yet xD

And I spotted that there's something wrong with "layner" name, he already introduced himself to Sho but his name still remains "???" for some brief dialogue.
Oh yeah and, MOLOTOV COCKTAILS lol
"Just a lonely story writer."

Fanfiction.net / deviantArt / Twitter
Projects: White Days [KN], Fragile Hearts[VN]

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#170 Post by Coren »

whitenenesha wrote:I'm in middle of playing when suddenly my laptop crashed--orz.
It was really good length, and I really love Chloe, I wonder what'll she do next. Somehow I'm suspicious of Shirley being the girl in Kaison memories--ah, maybe just my imagination, I'm not done with the demo yet xD

And I spotted that there's something wrong with "layner" name, he already introduced himself to Sho but his name still remains "???" for some brief dialogue.
Oh yeah and, MOLOTOV COCKTAILS lol
Ah, thanks! :) I'll fix that in a minute.

thisisausername
Regular

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB] - Demo 1.0 Incomi

#171 Post by thisisausername »

Kirroha wrote: When you finish playing the game, I'd really appreciate if you could answer a few simple questions so I can make sure to shift the full game into the right direction. :) Thanks!
1. What do you think of the game so far?
2. Who are generally your favourite characters, and why?
3. What are some questions you want answered the most in the full game?
4. What do you predict are answers to these questions?
5. Which characters do you find the most curious or interesting? (Can overlap with #1)
6. What do you generally think of the story so far?
7. What particular scene(s) did you like in the demo?
8. ... Pairings/Ships, do you have any?
9. TAKE A RANDOM SCREENSHOT! :)

Yay thanks!
1. ITS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN I EXPECTED OMG and i couldnt stop playing haha been sitting here for the whole day lol XD

2. there are a lot of characters i like but MOST DEFINITELY SHO XD shes sooooo cool when she
slices bullets in half
!!! its amazinggg O_O and i also think shes kinda cute XD my favourite sprite of sho is when she smiles shes sooo cute :D (see the screenshot below XD) and i also like layner and larsen they r so hilarious haha especially about the part
when larsen was on the phone with fuuka XD
anddd chunqian is pretty cute too (too bad she didnt make too much appearance D:) and i also like flora cuz she seems so mysterious XD tho i extremely dislike heath -.- hes just...kinda disgusting -.-

3. well a lot...a. why happened to sho's parents, b. what happened to chloe, c. why did solo say that
she killed terry
, d. what's layner's connection with chloe, e. why was sho like...THAT,f. what exactly happened to terry, g. who is flora lane and what she did, h. why did sho dislike kids, i. who are the real "good guys" and "bad guys", and stuff like that

4. a. well sho's parents probably died or something? b. chloe i really have no idea since she didn't make much of an appearance...c. maybe solo had some kinda special powers like sho and kaison, d. layners on some sorta secret mission or something, e. sho is just purely crazy lol, f. sold his soul to the devil? so kaison had to be the good guy and kill him? g. some kinda demon that is as crazy as sho and killed many people h. something flora lane did (cuz there was a flashback from sho about flora lane) i. sho is the good guy and kaison is the bad guy? plot twists can happen any time lol

5. OF COURSE SHO XD shes pretty mysterious and creepy somehow...and larsen and chunqian? (why r they even in the game? -.-) tho i get the feeling they r somehow important XD and also flora lane, who is she and what did she do? sho didnt seem to like her...o.O

6. i love the multiple POV, it makes the story less boring and one sided like most visual novels. each character is very unique and well thoughtout, the plot is very complicated and kinda hard to understand sometimes tho XD

7. the part when erik called sho and hes like
"we r underattack by the NLF!!"
and sho was like
"I KNOW. IM TRYING TO SLEEP!!!"
i was just like lol XD and i also like ALL LAYNER SCENES XD that guy was the jokes of the game XD

8. OBVIOUSLY SHO X KAISON <33 THEY. HAVE. TO. BE. TOGETHER XD and i think they have some kinda connection with each other since they had similar abilities and both of their parents are nowhere around them. tho i really dont like mikaela and solo for some reasons...i dont really know why. i guess they are just not my type of characters or they just get in the way or sho x kaison lol XD tho i actually kinda support sho x erik especially when i chose to kill vincent shes like "i killed him accidentally on purpose" and then i thought she was gonna be in huge trouble but erik seemed pretty calm lol XD
i also like henry and chloe a lot but theres theres pretty much no scenes of them in the demo T_T chloe seems like she needs him a lot but he just left her D:
layner x everyone...? well i think he makes a good match with everyone because his just that kind of person lol XD

9. OKAY THEN XD ill take a screenshot of sho smiling cuz i think she looks the cutest when she smiles <3
Attachments
Untitled.png

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#172 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hahaha, I am checking this thread almost every time and see that no one is shipping Kaison X little girl whose name may or may not be Shirley like I do *sobs* Or maybe I'm so weird XD

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#173 Post by Kokoro Hane »

@azure; if you mean the little girl from those random flashbacks that you could nickname (LOL one option was Coren), I am shipping them! *is a sucker for childhood romances*
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#174 Post by pickle131 »

I am shipping them as well XD Just forgot to mention that one.
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#175 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

This is a really good game. Very well written with beautiful artwork and lovely characters. The plot is interesting, and the characters are intriguing. I would enjoy playing the full game. Henry is a dear. Is he obtainable?

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#176 Post by Coren »

Since the game is multi pov, he can end up with one of the characters you play as, yes.

whitenenesha
Regular
Projects: White Days / Fragile Hearts

#177 Post by whitenenesha »

Ahh! Finally finished~ what a great experience! I can't wait for the full version!! wanna get my hands on Chloe xD
Let's see...hmm...
5. Which characters do you find the most curious or interesting? (Can overlap with #1)
9. TAKE A RANDOM SCREENSHOT!
1. A psychological adventure and unexpected turning of events are my favorite. I'm curious about what's next xD
2. Chloe Goldstein. At first I loved Sho from the description, and I think Chloe is just stuck-up young lady. But I guess she's just as powerful as Sho and I love her emotionless eyes
3. "Which side will win, Sho, Kaison or Chloe?" and "Who's the real 'killer' in this game?"
4. Well, it depends on the choice, a lot. So I must wait for the full game first xD
5. Shirley, of course.
6. Good, insane and murderous what kind of opinion is that
7. Chloe's conversation with Heath, and the introduction of the song.
8. Kaison x Shirley and Layner x Chloe... I think Eric x Chloe is nice but--uhh just my imagination heheh
9. http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i44 ... c86a24.png
"Just a lonely story writer."

Fanfiction.net / deviantArt / Twitter
Projects: White Days [KN], Fragile Hearts[VN]

Minari Cipher
Regular
Projects: Seasons of Love, The Dare to Gamble, Halloween Otome (Beta Tester)

#178 Post by Minari Cipher »

~ It satisfied my the-need-for-info (well almost) about the game. XP
~ Sho and Chloe because they have the power of death and decay (what an odd reason huh) :3
~ What event in the past are they all involve?
~ How did Sho, Chloe, and Kaison got their powers?
~ I don't know, that's why I'm asking. :lol:
~They have been experimented or something?
~Shirley and Layner.
~Mind screwing but awesome. XP
~The café scenes (Lars and Layner). XD
~Kaison X Sho or the childhood friend and Chloe X Henry
Attachments
Crimson Rafflesia.png
Seasons of Love (Little Helpers)
The Dare to Gamble (Writer)

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#179 Post by Coren »

@thisisausername: Thanks for the comments! :) But no, she didn't slice any bullets into half, hahaha. That'll be ridiculous, even for a supernatural VN.

I see everyone likes Larsen and Layner! :P (I love them too!)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#180 Post by Kokoro Hane »

OHMYGOSH JUST FINISHED 'ZEE DEMO!!

Confusing...but in a good way! Very intense and dark, it pulls you right in. Hard to believe it's not commercial. It has that quality. So many times throughout the game, I had the sudden urge to read Sho's dialogue out loud with inflection. That means you've written this well~

Hmmm, tough one! I like Kaison a lot. Can't explain why, I just do. I oddly like many things about Sho, despite she is a psycho. Just her dialogue and her logic, so intriguing!

Kaison's past. As well as Sho's.

I've had some odd, odd theories, but one of them was thrown out the window. Like this one;
I had a weird, weird theory early in the game about Sho being mystery girl in Kai's memories for some reason. You're probably thinking I am weird, but I had a bizzare theory her hair became white later, okay XD But when Shirley showed up, who seems more obvious to be Kai's childhood friend I am more leaning toward that, unless you're tricking us =P
So not exactly sure what to expect, but I'll be giving it another run to see if I can pick up any more clues~

Sho, most definitely. Her sense of logic, the way she speaks, her obsession with decay...it all intrigues me so much. She's a psycho path you want dead, yet you are more curious as to who she is even more than that. Is there a reason, or is she a yangire?
Then there's Layner. He's an oddball, but I can tell there is more to him than meets the eye! He might not be as stupid as he lets on. In fact, I doubt he's actually stupid at all XD

Perfect! It's confusing, but not enough to turn you away. It's a Psychological Thriller after all, right? And it's doing it's job. I was generally freaked out when Sho performed her decaying death method. The story is definitely set to be a masterpiece of the Higurashi level, but nothing like Higurashi at all of course...I am just saying it has that level of brilliance!

After Kaison attacked the car, when Sho looks up with her arms spread out with an odd happiness and was all like "You found me, you found me, you finally found me!" Their whole conversation there intrigued me, and was so beautifully written, I just wanted to read it aloud with inflection the way it was read in my head, it was that good! Maybe I will and send it to you for kicks, I don't know XD I just REALLY loved that scene and felt it was the more intriguing, and most beautifully written scenes so far.

Kaison and mysterious girl from his memories. Could be Shirley, or someone else....but that's who I ship. Childhood love, FTW!! <3

AS YOU WISH!
Attachments
screenshot0002.png
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"