Looking for long term CG line Artist for Driftwood.

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

Looking for long term CG line Artist for Driftwood.

#1 Post by wakagana »

Hey guys. I'll keep this as short as possible so it's not a huge wall of text, so here we go. ^.^

Driftwood is a project that was started in May of 2012 for a school portfolio project. It expanded into a full-blown out project and production and has been in the works for the past year and a half.

To give you a sense of how big the actual game is. One full play through from start to finish in the game is about 250k Words, so with 5 characters you can imagine how huge of scale this actually all is.

Our team (not including myself, The Dev/Writer) includes 3 composers, 1 Sprite Artist, 1 Full time CG artist, and another artist that isn't able to reliably get art done because of school.

So. In short, to keep Driftwood's production going at a stable rate, we desperately require a CG artist capable of sketching and polishing line art for CG's that our other CG artist will then illustrate/color.

We're looking at anywhere between 80-150 CG's for the entire game. (Yes, this is a lot, but completing 1-2 a week is way more then acceptable. This is long term after all)

In terms of skill, we're looking for artists that are capable of meeting our other CG artist's skill and partially their style so that the game has fluid art and isn't flip-flop with -too- much of a change that would make it unbearably obvious of the differences.
Meet at the Park.jpg
It's frustrating enough that even after our kickstarter was successful, we're being held back by the simple lack of man/woman power in our art department due to school, or real life issues.

So, If you're a talented artist, looking for a long term project to work on and possibly improve your skills on, (WHILE BEING PAID) please get in contact with me as soon as possible!

(Contact info)
Wakagana16@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/erin.u.sullivan

For more info on Driftwood in general, check our our facebook/finished kickstarter page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Driftwoo ... 7462149963
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/758 ... sual-novel

wakagana
Veteran

Re: Looking for long term CG line Artist for Driftwood.

#3 Post by wakagana »

It is. x.x

It's hard to find artists, let alone people interested in such a large scale project for an extended time. But I'm really hoping we find someone, we've got a lot of talented people. Just need the last puzzle piece :)

themannamedmidaz
Regular

#4 Post by themannamedmidaz »

Good luck finding a lineartist
Visit my artworks @ http://handsofmidaz.deviantart.com/gallery/
Commissions are open

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#5 Post by Coren »

wakagana wrote:It is. x.x

It's hard to find artists, let alone people interested in such a large scale project for an extended time. But I'm really hoping we find someone, we've got a lot of talented people. Just need the last puzzle piece :)
I'm interested. :) Do I fit the bill?

wakagana
Veteran

#6 Post by wakagana »

-tacklehugs Kirroha-

Yes, but we've got a lot of applicants over Deviant art :o I'll add your name to the list of people that we will most likely choose from.