More CGs or more character poses?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

More CGs or more character poses?

#1 Post by Deji »

Hey guys!
I'm working on Autumn's Journey this week (yes, we plan to release it soon, after a long on-and-off hiatus that was totally my fault ^^; ), and I'm debating wether I should add a couple of extra CG cut-ins (as in CGs that only take about 1/3 of the Screen) or to make a second pose for the main characters.

You see... I have 3.5 Full CGs (already sketched) on my whishful to-do list, 11 cut-ins (not really needed but they'd be nice to have) and an extra pose I already sketched for each of the two dragon boys.

I plan to get done 2.5 of those fullscreen CGs for sure, but I wanted to know what do you guys think would be better: to invest time on the doing those second sprite poses or spending that time on getting as many of those cut-ins done as possible (there's no way I'll get all of them done for the release date xD ) The game works fine without all those, I just think they'd be nice to have them (because I always want to draw everything, hahaha :'D )

Thanks for your time! ^___^
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: More CGs or more character poses?

#2 Post by MaiMai »

Because I'm eager to see the game released soon (that way you have time for your other projects) I think spending time on those second poses should do. As you said, you won't be able to finish all those cut-ins so the former option seems to be the most practical.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#3 Post by KittyKatStar »

If we do the 2nd pose route, don't forget some of the coding will have to be redone to use those poses. (Depending how much we wanna show the 2nd pose.) CGs you can just STICK'EM IN AND ALL IT A DAY. *runs away*

I'm up for the coding though, I'm just horribly slow. =,) (Took me hours just to finish a few hundred lines XD)

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by CheeryMoya »

I'm starting to like multiple poses over CGs (I'm talking more than just a tilted head or moved arms) since CGs only last for a few lines or so. They stretch further than one CG and break up the monotony during the normal parts of the game.

In this case though, what would be quicker to finish? Do whatever gets the game out faster because we've been waiting so long already D: