My Lovely Pastry [Otome, Visual Novel, Alchemy][Updated]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Skaiya
Regular
Projects: My Lovely Pastry, Crystal Diamonds Shatter, IWSTBMTB
Tumblr: skaiya-art
Deviantart: skaiyaart

Re: My Lovely Pastry [Otome] [Updated Colour]

#16 Post by Skaiya »

merdeamour wrote:Echoing the people who posted before me... I LOVE that colored version~!
Thank you very much^^
My dA
My Tumblr
Currently working on:
My Lovely Pastry, Crystal Diamonds Shatter, IWSTBMTB.

Skaiya
Regular

#17 Post by Skaiya »

Genod wrote:Just adding another "Wow, your game art looks awesome" voice to the crowd. I hope you can pull this off!
Thank you! ^^
My dA
My Tumblr
Currently working on:

Elmiwisa
Veteran

#18 Post by Elmiwisa »

Oh I love the art, very detailed, and the clothing is rather sophisticated too. I like the (test tube?) and the (potion bottle?) hanging to the belt part the best, giving a touch of business-like seriousness to it.
Have you thought of the mechanics for the game yet? I know you said you did, but from reading your post I can't figure out what the mechanics is supposedly about. Is it...
Stats-raising? (because you mention "intelligence feature" and also the dating part)
Real time management sequence? (because the part about running the shop sounds like Diner Dash)
Puzzle? (for "pass your exam", maybe?)
Item combination? (the alchemy stuff)

Skaiya
Regular

#19 Post by Skaiya »

Elmiwisa wrote:Oh I love the art, very detailed, and the clothing is rather sophisticated too. I like the (test tube?) and the (potion bottle?) hanging to the belt part the best, giving a touch of business-like seriousness to it.
Have you thought of the mechanics for the game yet? I know you said you did, but from reading your post I can't figure out what the mechanics is supposedly about. Is it...
Stats-raising? (because you mention "intelligence feature" and also the dating part)
Real time management sequence? (because the part about running the shop sounds like Diner Dash)
Puzzle? (for "pass your exam", maybe?)
Item combination? (the alchemy stuff)
Thank you^^ Yes those are indeed test tubes and potion bottles.
Ah, thanks for the questions!

Yes it is a stats-raising based game, besides Intelligence, Alchemy, Popularity (the shop stats) I will most probably add 2 other stat bars.
It's not really like Diner Dash, nothing based on time until a customer leaves upset or something.
I'll make a concept of what I meant with the shop part, I know I should have said some more about that but I was hoping to show you everything with some screenshots.
It won't be a puzzle, I thought of a quiz, throughout the game you'll get some hints for the exams answers. Unless I think up something more fun to do, as indeed a puzzle could be fun but I wonder how I'd program that.
Yes, a bit of item combinations will be in it, especially for making new recipe's.

I'll frequently update this with what I have and what is possible so far.
I'd really like some more alchemy features and management.

I hope I answered what you'd like to hear.
My dA
My Tumblr
Currently working on:

AntiquedFae
Veteran

Re: My Lovely Pastry [Otome] [Info Update]

#20 Post by AntiquedFae »

The gameplay sounds like it will be so much fun! I really love the setting of the game too, I like the old-fashioned village feel way too much! ^o^ I adore games with a baking/cooking feature, the ingredient mixing sounds awesome. Will there be an option to modify recipes based on the ingredients you have? Ex: If you have a strawberry mousse recipe and you had raspberries as an ingredient, then could you put raspberries in the recipe instead of the strawberries and make a raspberry mousse? Or if you had a milk chocolate torte recipe and you wanted to make it with white chocolate, then could you? If the game sort of had base recipes for different pastries which could be given different flavor additions based on the ingredients you had I think it would be a lot of fun. I have no idea how hard this would be to code though, or if you think it would even be a good idea. :? I needed to mention it though. I hope you don't mind. ^_^;;

Regardless, this sounds like it is going to be a really amazing game and I can't wait to play it!! I hope everything goes really well for you!! :D
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Skaiya
Regular

#21 Post by Skaiya »

AntiquedFae wrote:The gameplay sounds like it will be so much fun! I really love the setting of the game too, I like the old-fashioned village feel way too much! ^o^ I adore games with a baking/cooking feature, the ingredient mixing sounds awesome. Will there be an option to modify recipes based on the ingredients you have? Ex: If you have a strawberry mousse recipe and you had raspberries as an ingredient, then could you put raspberries in the recipe instead of the strawberries and make a raspberry mousse? Or if you had a milk chocolate torte recipe and you wanted to make it with white chocolate, then could you? If the game sort of had base recipes for different pastries which could be given different flavor additions based on the ingredients you had I think it would be a lot of fun. I have no idea how hard this would be to code though, or if you think it would even be a good idea. :? I needed to mention it though. I hope you don't mind. ^_^;;

Regardless, this sounds like it is going to be a really amazing game and I can't wait to play it!! I hope everything goes really well for you!! :D
So glad you like the idea! I am also glad you like the setting as well.

Yes I was thinking of different flavours for different pastries.
You can try to use a raspberry instead of a strawberry, but if your alchemy level is too low for that dish to be discovered you might fail the dish.
Same goes for the chocolate, but perhaps you made a whole different dish with your chocolate instead.
Although I first need to know if I can script this.
But I am sure you'll hear soon enough if I can ^^
Love the idea a lot!

I am just soo excited to draw all those pastries!
My dA
My Tumblr
Currently working on:

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#22 Post by AntiquedFae »

Skaiya wrote:So glad you like the idea! I am also glad you like the setting as well.
Of course! :D
Skaiya wrote:Yes I was thinking of different flavours for different pastries.
You can try to use a raspberry instead of a strawberry, but if your alchemy level is too low for that dish to be discovered you might fail the dish.
Same goes for the chocolate, but perhaps you made a whole different dish with your chocolate instead.
Although I first need to know if I can script this.
But I am sure you'll hear soon enough if I can ^^
Love the idea a lot!
Oh, that sounds like so much fun! And I'm so happy you love the idea! -sheds tear of joy- Hopefully it is code-able, and doesn't give you a headache!! -crosses fingers-
Skaiya wrote:I am just soo excited to draw all those pastries!
*.* I can see why you are excited! That would be a lot of fun to do. :)

I'm looking so forward to seeing this game progress! I wish you well!~~
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Skaiya
Regular

#23 Post by Skaiya »

AntiquedFae wrote:I'm looking so forward to seeing this game progress! I wish you well!~~
Thank you!
My dA
My Tumblr
Currently working on:

Skaiya
Regular

#24 Post by Skaiya »

Here is the logo.
Although I am thinking of scrapping that cupcake.

And here is the main menu.
The little pastries besides the text will change, the cupcake will change for sure.
Besides that, the background will be more detailed in the end.
My dA
My Tumblr
Currently working on:

Jason
Regular
Completed: Sierra Ops Episode 1 and 2, Rising Angels: Reborn (Some CGs)
Projects: Sierra Ops, Muv-Luv Kickstarter
Organization: Innomen Team

Re: My Lovely Pastry [Otome, Visual Novel, Alchemy]

#25 Post by Jason »

I'm a sucker for female characters with high detail/well designed clothing ( like how my other artist specializes on those - http://ungdi-sea.deviantart.com/art/STA ... -367183108 ), keep that level of detail on her clothes (if she has other designs, even the better!) :) all my best to your project! :)
Innomen Team Presents: Sierra Ops

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

Lyyli
Regular

#26 Post by Lyyli »

Adorable main menu! And now I feel for something sweet to eat x3
Meep.

Jessie17

#27 Post by Jessie17 »

Looks interesting. I really wanna play it now D; The art is nice! :D The summary and the characters personality catches my eye. :)

Skaiya
Regular

#28 Post by Skaiya »

Jason wrote:I'm a sucker for female characters with high detail/well designed clothing ( like how my other artist specializes on those - http://ungdi-sea.deviantart.com/art/STA ... -367183108 ), keep that level of detail on her clothes (if she has other designs, even the better!) :) all my best to your project! :)
Ah I love high detail clothing as well, but that kind of explains why she looks like this hahah. That's a lovely drawing, I just love the clothes with the feathers >.<
Yes I will add 3 other clothing designs, and I might add a 4th one that just depends on the story.. although thinking of it now that might end up being 5 designs hahah.
My dA
My Tumblr
Currently working on:

Skaiya
Regular

#29 Post by Skaiya »

Lyyli wrote:Adorable main menu! And now I feel for something sweet to eat x3
Thank you! (I actually have a chocolate baked pie here, I love baking XD)
My dA
My Tumblr
Currently working on:

Skaiya
Regular

#30 Post by Skaiya »

Jessie17 wrote:Looks interesting. I really wanna play it now D; The art is nice! :D The summary and the characters personality catches my eye. :)
Thank you^^
Oh, I am sorry >.< I will work very hard, that way I might be able to put a demo up in October.
I am glad it does! I hope the guys personalities will catch your eye as well.
My dA
My Tumblr
Currently working on: