Sweet Nemesis [GxM] [NaNoRenO 2014]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Lanford

Sweet Nemesis [GxM] [NaNoRenO 2014]

#1 Post by Lanford »

I'm representing BL×OL, a group formed by 4 young women in order to have fun at NaNoRenO 2014. Our mission is to produce, at least, a playable demo by the end of the marathon period.
We are still balancing and discussing everything about our project, but I wanted to share a little information on the current WIP with the community, hence this post, which should be updated as momentum is gained.

Sweet Nemesis
~ a sugar coating often hides a bitter taste ~

~Plot devices~
The protagonist is a girl forced to change her current lifestyle, from being a plain simple high schooler, to being the heir to both a gorgeous mansion and a rather cursed corporation.
Will you make her walk into a fairytale or delve inside a nightmare?

~Key features~
-> 2 main routes (one with a sweet theme and the other with a bitter theme)
-> 5 capturable characters
-> 7 endings
-> Story runs through the course of 2 weeks (in-game time)

~Characters~
Since we're terrible coming up with names so far, the whole story draft was written using the characters' occupations instead of their own names.
When their design is set, I'll update here with short character descriptions.
Note: At the topic title, "GxM" is used to indicate "Girl chases Men". For plot reasons which crosses the spoiler line, all of the five male characters are older than the protagonist, however, she becomes 18 during the story, thus making the transition from a jailbait to being safe. Although we're open to every form of criticisms, if you have any problems with such age-related themes, we ask you to kindly think over your opinion before over-judging our work - merely a piece of fiction which isn't based off any real events.

The Protagonist
At the last year of high school, she is suddenly summoned by a stranger, who informs the protagonist that she must retire with urgency, as she is about to inherit a mansion and a millionaire business, both previously owned by her mother, who recently went missing. What easily seems like everyone's dream means a huge change in her life - will she be able to adapt, even being still a teenager? Will she find the truth behind the disappearance which had leaded to such a change?

The Butler
He is the man who summoned the protagonist, and also the one in charge of most daily chores from the mansion, where he lives with the two other servants. A dashingly elegant man who hides his true colors behind all his formalities. Enjoys passing his free time at the mansion's library, reading all sorts of books, some of which he have read numerous times and knows his favorite parts by heart.

The Gardener
The man taking care of the whole forest surrounding the mansion. He is a friendly and straightforward person, sometimes being oblivious that he's invading the other parties' personal spaces while talking to them. He likes playing videogames, specially fond of competitive titles, like racing and fighting games.

The Cook
He is responsible for buying and preparing all the meals for the mansion residents, also prefering to wash every single plate afterwards, among other kitchen utensils, so he always make sure they're all brilliant. He enjoys baking cakes, but he's not a sweets enthusiast - he likes to draw and model various themes on the cake's surface.

The Business Executive
He works at a tall building, home to a top-class computer brand made from scratch by the protagonist's mother - since she went missing, he is now the first one in charge, until the protagonist becomes of age and is prepared to take over such business. Likewise, he is also the one responsible to teach the protagonist every nook and cranny about all the tasks involved.

The Police Inspector
As the protagonist's mother went missing, the butler took all the necessary actions... So, this man got assigned to investigate the case. He is somehow passionate about his work and always aims to extract the absolute truth, from everyone, through any possible means, and of course he also believes the protagonist is a prime suspect, because yeah, there's no way she just inherited all that by chance.

~What's BL×OL~
The team is currently formed by:
Laura Lanford - Original concept, programmer, translator
Aster Swan - Character designer, background designer
kamikaze358 - Script writer
Amyojo - Script editor
We're all Brazilian, thus currently writing the project in our mother language - Portuguese - however we do have plans to release a version in English, as you can see I'm kind of fluent, but might need an extra help to tidy up the translated text.

We're possibly looking into recruiting an English editor and a music composer for later stages of development.

Stay tuned for the project updates!
Last edited by Lanford on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently trying to write new stories~

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: A VN with sweet and bitter endings [GxM] [NaNoRenO 2014]

#2 Post by Googaboga »

Wow those character sketches are beautiful :0.

I'm happy you have plans to translate it. I'll look forward to the English version of the game ^^.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

DespairParty
Projects: Atlantis Project
IRC Nick: DP

#3 Post by DespairParty »

OYAJI MOE........MATURE DATABLES................

I'm just holding my hands out at my screen shaking with joy. Tears may be involved. God, I forgot how much I craved games like this, and seeing all these wonderful character concepts hit me like a truck. Thank you so much.

If you need an English editor, I'd be more than happy to help! I'm very partial to the English language.

Aita

#4 Post by Aita »

This....this!
All the men...they look like adults instead of teenagers...some even have facial hair...!! I cannot WAIT for this. I'm super excited this will be translated to English! It sounds right up my alley honestly.
And those character portraits
They're so pretty
Your artist is the most fabulous person in the world ;^;