Box Head & Tabby Kitten[BxB](SliceofLife/Romance/Friendship)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
tartsandlions
Projects: Box Head & Tabby Kitten

Box Head & Tabby Kitten[BxB](SliceofLife/Romance/Friendship)

#1 Post by tartsandlions »

Hello! I'm still new around here OTL
beware of bad artwork orz and failed comedy

Story
Leo(name unchangable), as a journalist living in a suburban area, has always led a relaxing and stress-free life. Everyday, he goes to the same cafe, sits on the same seat, drinks the same drink, and does the same things. Watching people going through life is his favourite past time, even though they do the same things everyday.

One day, a person with box covering his(?) face suddenly appeared on the streets, disrupting Leo's scene through the cafe window.

And this has perked up Leo's interest.

"Excuse me, but you're on my seat."

"There's a bunch of other seats."

"But I sit here everyday. You should know that. Please pick another seat now."

"What a rude douchebag. Fine, you butt. I'll go somewhere else."

What.

Did he just call me a douchebag.

The following day...

"Excuse me, but I think you're on my seat again."

Characters(more in progress! but only one character as the MC's date(?))

Image(currently redoing this guy's hair)
Name : Leo
Description: Gentleman. Seems cold, but is actually warm-hearted. A very boring person, but in denial. Gets hurt easily because he's secretly a softie. Is actually an idiot.

"Please refrain from talking to me. I don't want to look stupid too."

Name : Soren
Description: A mysterious person with a box covering his head for unknown reasons. He suddenly came into town and forcefully barges into Leo's life. Is actually an idiot too.
and whoops i just noticed i forgot to colour his other sleeve but i'll do that later

"You mean douchebag! I'm gonna kick you!"
"What---OW!"

Name : Tanned Barista Guy (not pursuable tho)
Description: Works in the cafe. He's Leo's bestfriend. Probably the most idiotic guy in the game, but makes good coffee.

"You need to get laid, man."
"WTF"
"OMG----Look what you've done! Now I need to clean this place up again!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻"

Work Progress
Story: 1%
Sprites: 11%
BGs: 0% (no CGs)
Menus: 1% (currently focusing on this!)
Routes: 0.2/3, but romance only in the true ending, friendship and bad ending for others.
Play duration: Estimated 15 minutes to 30 minutes and above (for the 'true ending' route)
Target release date: Probably October/December 2014.

This will be my first ren'py game actually. I'm still working my way around it. I'm also still working my way around my drawing tablet and SAI too ;; very new to all of this, so there will be many many many many flaws! I'm actually making this to learn some very very basic coding on python, learn digital art, and making good plots. The target release will still be a long way to go because I can't handle school and my free time well. I progress every week though~

This is also based on my ship whichshallnotbementioned.

If there are any questions, you can pm or post it here >< as for comments, post it here too! ><
Comments/criticism/opinions are very much appreciated!! ><
Last edited by tartsandlions on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

AbhorrentFear
Regular
Projects: Dear. Mr God

Re: Box Head & Tabby Kitten[BxB](SliceofLife/Romance/Friends

#2 Post by AbhorrentFear »

oh man. OOOOH MAN.
bxb? Boxes? Cats? People calling each other douchebags?
Sign me up!
There just never seems to be enough bxb around here for me :'D
Where do I start? I love what you've shown so far, from tidbit of the script to all your art. The whole box thing reminds me of Quoto from Star Days, actually uvu
Nonetheless, best of luck with this, super excited c:
"Draw me a monster. Now tell me, why is it a monster?"

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#3 Post by silverpikachu99 »

YAY FOR YAOI!! Wow this seems pretty awesome! :) Soren seems adorable and I haven't even seen his face yet <3 can't wait for more! Good luck~!
i'll cry if you yell at me

tartsandlions
Projects: Box Head & Tabby Kitten

#4 Post by tartsandlions »

AbhorrentFear wrote:oh man. OOOOH MAN.
bxb? Boxes? Cats? People calling each other douchebags?
Sign me up!
There just never seems to be enough bxb around here for me :'D
Where do I start? I love what you've shown so far, from tidbit of the script to all your art. The whole box thing reminds me of Quoto from Star Days, actually uvu
Nonetheless, best of luck with this, super excited c:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT! omg first comment so happy ahhhh
I understand your feeling about not enough bxb around here :"D It's gonna take a looooooong time for me to finish this OTL I'm sorry!
YEZ PACTHESIS but hehehe I got my inspiration from dmmd's clear X)
silverpikachu99 wrote:YAY FOR YAOI!! Wow this seems pretty awesome! :) Soren seems adorable and I haven't even seen his face yet <3 can't wait for more! Good luck~!
Thank you for commenting!! #teambxb Haha~ I'm still planning on how to draw Soren's face though >.> /sigh/