Chocolate Kiss(Yuri,Romance,GXG)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DruidKitsune

Re: Chocolate Kiss(Yuri,Romance,GXG)Update-04/28/14-Please R

#46 Post by DruidKitsune »

You are most welcome my dear Sleipnir56 :) I hate seeing people struggle with Depression, It is a foul beast and no laughing matter. So if I can offer someone a few words of encouragement or support that puts a smile on their face for just a second and have them forget about their depression if even for an instant, or offer someone a hand in friendship that helps them overcome it, I am beyond happy to do so for anyone.

Wishing you nothing but happy thoughts, support and encouragement, It may not be easy but you are more then capable of vanquishing this terrible foe, brave warrior!! :)

(Apologies if that last part was a lil cheesy but you know what they say.... You can take the girl out of D&D, but you can't take D&D out of the girl.. hehe) Hope you're having a good day! :D

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

#47 Post by Sleipnir56 »

DruidKitsune wrote:You are most welcome my dear Sleipnir56 :) I hate seeing people struggle with Depression, It is a foul beast and no laughing matter. So if I can offer someone a few words of encouragement or support that puts a smile on their face for just a second and have them forget about their depression if even for an instant, or offer someone a hand in friendship that helps them overcome it, I am beyond happy to do so for anyone.

Wishing you nothing but happy thoughts, support and encouragement, It may not be easy but you are more then capable of vanquishing this terrible foe, brave warrior!! :)

(Apologies if that last part was a lil cheesy but you know what they say.... You can take the girl out of D&D, but you can't take D&D out of the girl.. hehe) Hope you're having a good day! :D

That part wasn't cheesy at all :mrgreen: and thank you so much :) . This really does make me feel better and I'm grateful for the encouraging words. I hope I can get over this soon, so I can make the game. Thanks you once again, and I'm very happy you said this to me. You're very kind :mrgreen:

DruidKitsune

#48 Post by DruidKitsune »

Daww shucks :oops: Sleipnir56 that is very kind of you to say, though there is really no need to thank me, I am just happy you are feeling better, that is all the thanks I need :D

I am confident you will pull out of this, and make a game you are proud of! Which I look forward to playing when you deem it ready!

Still wishing you nothing but happy thoughts, support and encouragement!!

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#49 Post by Sleipnir56 »

DruidKitsune wrote:Daww shucks :oops: Sleipnir56 that is very kind of you to say, though there is really no need to thank me, I am just happy you are feeling better, that is all the thanks I need :D

I am confident you will pull out of this, and make a game you are proud of! Which I look forward to playing when you deem it ready!

Still wishing you nothing but happy thoughts, support and encouragement!!
Thanks again, and I hope to make it a good game for you and anyone else that plays :mrgreen:

rainbowcascade
Regular

#50 Post by rainbowcascade »

I really love the new art you posted up. It gives a really warm, kind of indie-ish, more personal feeling to this work. I'm hoping that the recent art you updated with will takeover the look of the game rather than the sprites. (Sorry, just my opinion, but the sprites are too "bland anime style" for me)

I hope you feel better and be able to get in a good mood. I understand how depression and feelings of anhedonia can really fuck up a life. That shit sucks!

I just want you to keep working at it and when the game's done, I'll gladly play it!

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#51 Post by Sleipnir56 »

rainbowcascade wrote:I really love the new art you posted up. It gives a really warm, kind of indie-ish, more personal feeling to this work. I'm hoping that the recent art you updated with will takeover the look of the game rather than the sprites. (Sorry, just my opinion, but the sprites are too "bland anime style" for me)

I hope you feel better and be able to get in a good mood. I understand how depression and feelings of anhedonia can really fuck up a life. That shit sucks!

I just want you to keep working at it and when the game's done, I'll gladly play it!
Thank you. Yunnari did a really good job with the poster and concept for Megan. I get Loren is a good drawing as well, but the sprites are staying because I don't think Yannari can redo them. She did Loren because a sprite for her wasn't made

Sleipnir56
Veteran

Re: Chocolate Kiss(Yuri,Romance,GXG)'Demo Out' Please Read

#52 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Demo out of Megan's path out. It's only the first half though. Need feedback.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3o1pk ... .0-all.zip
Last edited by Sleipnir56 on Thu May 22, 2014 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

wererat42
Regular

#53 Post by wererat42 »

That link just takes you to the top of the thread. Nothing there.

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#54 Post by Sleipnir56 »

wererat42 wrote:That link just takes you to the top of the thread. Nothing there.

Wow. That's really embarrassing :oops: . Sorry. Here's the link http://www.mediafire.com/download/3o1pk ... .0-all.zip Once again, truly sorry :oops:

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

#55 Post by Broodelin »

I can't believe I didn't notice this project before! This seems right up my alley, and I'll be sure to give the demo a whirl. ;)

As someone who deals with depression, I know how draining it can be to the creative process and even just your willingness to live your life. So it just goes to show how dedicated you are that you were able to come back to this game! You're awesome!

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#56 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Broodelin wrote:I can't believe I didn't notice this project before! This seems right up my alley, and I'll be sure to give the demo a whirl. ;)

As someone who deals with depression, I know how draining it can be to the creative process and even just your willingness to live your life. So it just goes to show how dedicated you are that you were able to come back to this game! You're awesome!

Saw your post on the recruiment thread and just wanted to say thank you. And I'm so grateful that you'll give it go. That's really kind of you :D

And it's cool that someone else knows what it likes. It sucks a lot. Had it since middle school. But I am really dedicated to overcoming it along with my family. And thanks for saying that :oops: . :mrgreen:

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

#57 Post by Broodelin »

I'm done with the proofreading you wanted! Check your PMs. :)

TomCaterwall

#58 Post by TomCaterwall »

Loved the demo!
Really hope Megan's dad gets some comeuppance though; what a jerk :lol:
I really like the idea of Megan's character too!
I always love character evolution like how she starts picking on Loren to becoming her friend and that sort of sweet stuff!
I hope hanging out with Loren will get her to become friends with Liz as well :P

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#59 Post by Sleipnir56 »

TomCaterwall wrote:Loved the demo!
Really hope Megan's dad gets some comeuppance though; what a jerk :lol:
I really like the idea of Megan's character too!
I always love character evolution like how she starts picking on Loren to becoming her friend and that sort of sweet stuff!
I hope hanging out with Loren will get her to become friends with Liz as well :P

Thank you so much for playing and I'm really glad you liked her path. I'm having trouble with it, so I was skeptical a bit about the game. And thanks, that's how I want her relationship to be with them :) . Once again thank for playing, and hopefully it can come out for summer :mrgreen:

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#60 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Broodelin wrote:I'm done with the proofreading you wanted! Check your PMs. :)
Thanks once again Broodelin. Loved the advice :D