Rolland's Candy Shop

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
octopuddle
Projects: The Lighthouse

Re: Rolland's Candy Shop [Cat x bird x candy] [commercial?]

#16 Post by octopuddle »

Your art is gorgeous, I would pay for this based only on how lovely it is! The characters sound incredibly cute as well.

Would this be appropriate for children? (the art is children's book-ish) I'm sure my sister would love to have something to read to her kids on her iPad.
Image Image

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#17 Post by Cafechan »

Noooo, it's so cute!!!! I wish I had an iPad so I could play it... The art and characters are just too sweet.

Whimsical Conductor
Projects: Alice and Cursed Wonderland, Like She Had Wings

#18 Post by Whimsical Conductor »

Holy crap, I'm in love with this! The character designs are so adorable and it's all so colourful! I don't see many kinetic novels that would be suitable for kids, but this looks like it might be. It's a really cute idea you've got here, not to mention unique. It reminds me of a children's novel and oddly gives me a certain sense of nostalgia. I'm keeping an eye on this. I have an iPad so I can get it for sure.

shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

#19 Post by shwippie »

Green Glasses Girl- Yes! Sorry for the lack of updates. I'll try to do an update below! :mrgreen: (Maybe you don't know it, but you're a big motivation to me, so thank you )

octopuddle- It's appropriate for children! I'm not sure yet exactly how young. I've only tried it with my little cousins, but they seemed more interested in tapping everything than reading :lol:

Cafechan- I'm considering changing engines, so it's possible it will be available on other devices :D

Whimsical Conductor- Thank you! It's suitable for kids but maybe there are some things only adults would pick up on?

___

Updates~

What's left to do is all rather tedious stuff- animation, edits to pre-existing artwork (after suggestions from my professor, who helped guide me a great deal), programming. I wish I didn't save the grunt work for last :lol: I may have to learn a new dev kit, unfortunately. Although I will have fun making a mini-game(s?). I'd like to do a dress-up game, but I wonder if that's too standard. It would just be fun to me to make costumes for these characters.

I'd like to get some beta-testers or anyone who could give general critique. I question myself so much to the point where I feel like I have to start from scratch, which won't happen but :shock:

A recent animation for Doidoi

These are some of the initial character designs for the villagers and the main characters~ They changed a bit in the final.

Image Image Image