Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4171 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Lishy wrote:
Lesleigh63 wrote: Change that 'someday' to 'today' Lishy. Leaving things too long can lessen your options.
(I'm old so I'm allowed to sound like your mother).
I do have a requisition for a Blood Test. The issue is, my physician works at college, so I wouldn't be able to hear the results until September.
Is that because of holidays? Double-check if it is as although students may be on holidays, the entire university probably isn't and some services may still be running.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4172 Post by LVUER »

For everything, I mean every disease or complication, it's better if they're discovered earlier. Cancer and tumor are usually dangerous since they're discovered after they're on late stages (like stadium 3 or 4). The same for cholesterol and blood sugar level before they become something much worse like stroke or diabetes...

So with this, let us all go to labs tomorrow to check our health ;)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#4173 Post by Lumella »

Thanks for the sympathy, Lishy.

Unfortunately, my best friend passed away yesterday. I attended his wake yesterday afternoon till near midnight. I had to accompany some of my friends since some of them had regrets and it was really heartbreaking to see them. Surprisingly, I felt like I reached a closure after seeing him all peaceful. It still brings me to tears that he's no longer with us, but I'm also happy for him because he accepted his death on his last moments so he didn't bear regrets and he's no longer suffering. His relatives showed me and my friends his writings since he couldn't talk due to the apparatuses. We understood he wanted a quiet passing with his family before we decided to visit him yesterday in the ICU. I guess he doesn't want us to see him suffering on his last moments.

He's in a better place now. I'll do my best to be happy for him all throughout.
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#4174 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I'm so sorry for your loss Lumella. Just recently lost my neighbor to a heart attack. It is pretty rough as he was young and left behind his son and wife. I pray that you and the family get through this okay. Thanks for sharing and having the strength to stand by him to the end.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

AoyamaReika
Completed: boy, Cafe Memoria, EVOLVEd : Echoes of the Codex War, To Kill A Black Swan
Projects: Lucid9, Mohanad and Kim, One Night Of [Snow], When the Bells Toll
Organization: Fallen Snow Studios, PaperDoor Studios
IRC Nick: Reika_K
Tumblr: wreckless-reika
Deviantart: aoyamareika
Github: aoyamareika
Soundcloud: ai-reika-k

#4175 Post by AoyamaReika »

There's this certain publishing house in the Philippines that publishes popular Wattpad stories written by Filipino authors. I wanted to start reading Filipino books, so I bought their books. Lo and behold - I cried. The grammar was terrible! Most of the plot were cliches; only few had potential. The books have been edited (the editor is credited) but... Gah! I can't stand the grammar! And it's frustrating that a lot of people patronize the books!

EDIT: Not all their books are written in Filipino; some are written in English, and others are written in "Taglish" (a mix of Tagalog and English).

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4176 Post by curry nochi rice »

AoyamaReika wrote:There's this certain publishing house in the Philippines that publishes popular Wattpad stories written by Filipino authors. I wanted to start reading Filipino books, so I bought their books. Lo and behold - I cried. The grammar was terrible! Most of the plot were cliches; only few had potential. The books have been edited (the editor is credited) but... Gah! I can't stand the grammar! And it's frustrating that a lot of people patronize the books!

EDIT: Not all their books are written in Filipino; some are written in English, and others are written in "Taglish" (a mix of Tagalog and English).
wait I thought most of those novels were bad, but... THEY'RE THAT BAD?. :v wtf it gives me the impression they were copy-pasted directly from directly from wattpad, without a pass or two with an editor.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

AoyamaReika
Completed: boy, Cafe Memoria, EVOLVEd : Echoes of the Codex War, To Kill A Black Swan

#4177 Post by AoyamaReika »

curry nochi rice wrote:wait I thought most of those novels were bad, but... THEY'RE THAT BAD?. :v wtf it gives me the impression they were copy-pasted directly from directly from wattpad, without a pass or two with an editor.
Yes! They're that bad. Even the synopsis at the back cover looks like it hasn't been proofread, at the very least. ;____;

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4178 Post by DaFool »

AoyamaReika wrote:There's this certain publishing house in the Philippines that publishes popular Wattpad stories written by Filipino authors. I wanted to start reading Filipino books, so I bought their books. Lo and behold - I cried. The grammar was terrible! Most of the plot were cliches; only few had potential. The books have been edited (the editor is credited) but... Gah! I can't stand the grammar! And it's frustrating that a lot of people patronize the books!

You mean like THIS?

https://twitter.com/GDIdoujins/status/4 ... 1732495360

And they're all illustrated by a James John Andres.

AoyamaReika

#4179 Post by AoyamaReika »

DaFool wrote:You mean like THIS?

Yes! But I'm not talking about that publishing house, although the books from that publishing house has a few grammar errors. The publishing house I'm talking about published more Wattpad books than that publishing house. *wink, wink*

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4180 Post by MaiMai »

DaFool wrote:

You mean like THIS?

Oh god, I'm reminded of the novels I saw in Vietnam that had anime style artwork on their covers (some of them were clearly stolen from other sources) but it made me pretty curious as to what their contents were (my Vietnamese is crap so I could barely tell.)
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

AoyamaReika

#4181 Post by AoyamaReika »

MaiMai wrote:Oh god, I'm reminded of the novels I saw in Vietnam that had anime style artwork on their covers (some of them were clearly stolen from other sources) but it made me pretty curious as to what their contents were (my Vietnamese is crap so I could barely tell.)
If we're talking about stolen covers, there's another publishing house I know that does exactly the same thing. ;-;

ArachneJericho
Regular
Projects: Kaguya Hime
Tumblr: mousedeerproductions

#4182 Post by ArachneJericho »

I am very disturbed that an AM Classical public domain recording of “Moonlight Sonata” coupled with a specific public domain sound recording of rain matches a copyrighted work and thus will result in a strike against my YouTube account unless I strip the sound out.

I do not really know what to do other than to strip the sound out or replace it with some other track. It’s a little upsetting.

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#4183 Post by Kate »

I work at a day camp that happens to be through a national, well known...association... and I'm a before and after care worker, so a split shift, starting as early as 6:30 through 9 and then 4 pm to 6... but the thing is
-we have to keep the kids outside to roast in the sun (I quote my boss, "They're kids. They're supposed to be outside all day."),

- can't use the playground (our other boss is against the idea. Why do we have a NICE playground then?) and finally, the normal patrons matter more than the kids(can't go inside to the gym unless it's pouring. A consistent sprinkle that will soak you after ten minutes? Nope, stay outside....) .

And we keep getting new orders. It's a few weeks in, and I could cry, my boss has threatened my team with write-ups. even though it's our fifth floating member(s) and one guy who aren't pulling their weight. And not to mention we were all trained as if we had the day camp shifts, which = 2 staff per 25 kids or so. We have 5 to 100 kids....do the math. And we're expected to keep these kids (most are there for 10-12 hrs a day) busy every single second. No free time. Playgrounds? psh. This is terrible that we do this to kids.
Ugh.
I'd so rather program. I'm all for variables and stories instead of people anymore.
And we do this...for minimum wage, watching the members of the family that their parents value most in the world. Most valuable people in our lives. Cared for by stressed out workers. And at a cost. My glasses got broken on the job (soccer, rough kids) and I had to pay for it. Not even my frames. F'real.
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4184 Post by fleet »

Kate,
Contact local television stations and newspapers and tell them what is happening to the children. Local reporters LOVE to do exposé stories, and national organizations HATE bad publicity.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4185 Post by Rinima »

Exam results tomorrow.
I am
shitting
myself.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him