*PAID* - Coprogrammer searched for red eyes in the darkness

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Red eyes in the darkness

*PAID* - Coprogrammer searched for red eyes in the darkness

#1 Post by Ryue »

"Red eyes in the darkness" is a mix between old school rpg (dungeon crawler) and visual novel.

It tells the story of 3 "brothers" who get caught up in squabbles in the modern times and through their demise get thrown back into medieval times where
vampires and demons and angels battle for supremacy during nothing less than a zombie apocalypse.

The game itself consists of 3 parts:
-The dungeon crawler
-The battle and skill engine
-The VN part

I'm currently looking for a co programmer who helps me with the second part the battle and skill engine (the other 2 parts I have under control myself).

What needs to be done (only short summary):
-The battle engine itself
[*] The battles take place between 2 groups (the players and the npcs) with an initiative system in place.
[*] Skills can be used in the battle as can items. After the battle is done some skills are automatically used like getting the fur of a wolf (with a skill roll determining succcess or failure),... .
[*] Usage of some skills can set special trigger variables that have effects just after the combat ended or during the combat.

-The skill and thus the character "engine"
[*] Characters have a fixed number of abilities / attributes and can learn generic skills (thus skills need to be able to be added dynamically and also removed).
[*] Skills come with references to graphics/animations shown in combat, and out of combat. They have names, descriptions and effects.
[*] Some characters have the ability to transform which unlocks additional skills depending on the skills they have and locks some of them that they have (for example a werewolf can slash with his claws but not use a sword transformed)

The leveling system itself is not a must as I can do that again but the battle engine and skill engine like I said I'm looking for a programmer there (paid naturally)

Programming language:
The whole battlesystem and skillsystem is to be implemented with renpy/python
Last edited by Ryue on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antru

Re: *PAID* - Coprogrammer searched for red eyes in the darkn

#2 Post by Antru »

I'm a little curious. Are you looking for a Ren'Py Programmer or for a another Programm? Or even a Custom one?

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Ryue »

Antru wrote:I'm a little curious. Are you looking for a Ren'Py Programmer or for a another Programm? Or even a Custom one?
a renpy programmer. so far the whole program is in renpy

lackofwords

#4 Post by lackofwords »

Just so you know there's
http://eviscerate.net/article/rpg-battle-engine-renpy

It isn't optimized, and you'll notice screen tearing, and some rather odd design choices. But it is at least a framework to work off from.

If you're still looking for help, feel free to me contact me.

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Ryue »

Hi
I know that one although it isn't really what I'm looking for more something akin to bards tales trilogy (bards tales 2 and 3 ) and etrian oddissey.

The first picture best shows it in regards to distance included in the battle system, the 2nd options for after a battle and the thrid one is
from etryan oddissey how an actual attack screen could look like in modern times. And the fourth an example of choosing skills and upgrading them also from etryan oddissey.

I take these 2 games as examples as they have a functional and fast combat system and etrian has a good skill choice system