Seeking Writer(s) for Black Lotus (Closed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

Seeking Writer(s) for Black Lotus (Closed)

#1 Post by pocoscon »

Hey, I'm creating a horror,BxB, mystery. I'm currently looking for a writer(maybe two) who are also idea bouncers for the story. At the moment, I'm working on the prologue for the game and planning it as I go. The game is set to be medium to long length. At the moment it's a simple BxB, but that might change in that there may be some BxG as well since there are two girls. The game is free, and so I can't pay the writer who is helping me, but you'd be a partner with me in this game and one of the creators to something I'd really like to see happen. I do have an artist as well, and I think she might be able to be a writer, but it's entirely up to her. She's already working really hard on the art :) .

Anyway, what I need from my writer is someone who has skype and is able to give and listen to ideas. I'm up for anything you say, and will be happy to work with you. You also have to not mind boy love, mature scenes, and some little gore. For you, I expect about working three hours a week on the game. If you can't or are really busy, I understand, we can always talk about what to do. Also, for me, I like writing after I plan a few scenes, so you'd have to be okay with that as well. Besides that, I'd really like to work with someone who is nice and open minded, and who will even give me advice on my own writing.

As for how long this will take, I'm hoping to get a demo of the prologue out by the end of next month, or by the beginning of November. For the full game release, I'd say by spring, but I'm not sure. I'm not going to pressure my writer though. We will have goals so we can be motivated, but I want this to be a fun process for both of us =).

Anyway, if you're interested then please leave a comment or pm a sample of writing. Hope to work with someone soon :) .

For more info, please go to the works in progress thread here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588
Last edited by pocoscon on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

Re: Seeking Writer(s) for Black Lotus (BxB,Horror,Mystery)

#2 Post by nebulaway »

Hello! I read the plot for your idea and it's really interesting to me. ^^ I live in the US and my timezone is Arizona time (so GMT 7:00) and I mainly work during the day (morning & afternoon) so I'll be around during the nighttime mostly (unless I get a day off and I don't have any other errands to run). Anyway, you said you needed a sample from me so here's my writing sample. I don't know how long you want it to be but here it is.
He looked up at the blackened sky. Rain fell on his face but he couldn't feel it. He felt cold. The blood came out of his gunshot wound from who knew where as he lied there in the mud. He couldn't move - he barely had any strength to move as it was. In his head, he tried to struggle to remember something, someone. The only thing he could remember was the color of her hair, a bright red. It was unlike the color of his blood which seemed dark and murky.

Why can't I remember?

Time didn't pass very quickly but he only felt colder.

A name.

Bright red lips and bright red hair filled in his head. Her face was blurry but her presence, it was something he was familiar with. It was something he loved. It was something that he still couldn't put his finger on. He winced in pain, the wound made itself known.

A flower.

Camilla. A flower called Camilla.

Camilla? What could that mean? It could mean anything.

He started to cough. Even more blood came out, his body still had some to spare. It hurt so much but he couldn't move. The wind must have blown harder since all he could feel was something cold. And yet, at the corner of his eye, there was something yellow who hid in the corner. He turned and wondered if it was a child who stared at him. The yellow raincoat seemed to be bigger than it intended to be but, somehow, it fit them. The presumed child stayed there in the corner and simply watched.

They didn't seem disturbed by the bloody mess which surrounded him. An unknown reason for a smile crept up in his mind that he couldn't quite explain. Things became blurry, even more so, and suddenly, darkness.
To be honest with you, this is part of a story I want to create one day myself but heh, I'd thought I'd practice rewriting it again. :3
magical girl tears

current projects:
[ nothing (yet?) ]
always looking for a project to join as a writer!
please pm me if you'd like to collaborate with me!

Draeno

#3 Post by Draeno »

Do you know approximately how long you intend the demo/full release to be? Working for around a month seems like a short timeframe to me, so I'm curious what sort of deadline the writer would be up against. Since time would be needed to put everything together, I imagine it would actually be less than a month at that.

pocoscon
Regular

#4 Post by pocoscon »

Draeno wrote:Do you know approximately how long you intend the demo/full release to be? Working for around a month seems like a short timeframe to me, so I'm curious what sort of deadline the writer would be up against. Since time would be needed to put everything together, I imagine it would actually be less than a month at that.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean the game itself would be out in a month. I just meant the prologue, which I'm writing myself. The full game will likely not be out till next spring, so there's no super rush. Ad for the goals, I'd discuss it with my writer, but I'm hoping they can work on it at least for 3 hours a week.
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

pocoscon
Regular

#5 Post by pocoscon »

nebulaway wrote:Hello! I read the plot for your idea and it's really interesting to me. ^^ I live in the US and my timezone is Arizona time (so GMT 7:00) and I mainly work during the day (morning & afternoon) so I'll be around during the nighttime mostly (unless I get a day off and I don't have any other errands to run). Anyway, you said you needed a sample from me so here's my writing sample. I don't know how long you want it to be but here it is.
He looked up at the blackened sky. Rain fell on his face but he couldn't feel it. He felt cold. The blood came out of his gunshot wound from who knew where as he lied there in the mud. He couldn't move - he barely had any strength to move as it was. In his head, he tried to struggle to remember something, someone. The only thing he could remember was the color of her hair, a bright red. It was unlike the color of his blood which seemed dark and murky.

Why can't I remember?

Time didn't pass very quickly but he only felt colder.

A name.

Bright red lips and bright red hair filled in his head. Her face was blurry but her presence, it was something he was familiar with. It was something he loved. It was something that he still couldn't put his finger on. He winced in pain, the wound made itself known.

A flower.

Camilla. A flower called Camilla.

Camilla? What could that mean? It could mean anything.

He started to cough. Even more blood came out, his body still had some to spare. It hurt so much but he couldn't move. The wind must have blown harder since all he could feel was something cold. And yet, at the corner of his eye, there was something yellow who hid in the corner. He turned and wondered if it was a child who stared at him. The yellow raincoat seemed to be bigger than it intended to be but, somehow, it fit them. The presumed child stayed there in the corner and simply watched.

They didn't seem disturbed by the bloody mess which surrounded him. An unknown reason for a smile crept up in his mind that he couldn't quite explain. Things became blurry, even more so, and suddenly, darkness.
To be honest with you, this is part of a story I want to create one day myself but heh, I'd thought I'd practice rewriting it again. :3
Thank you so much for your example. Will read it real soon, but can't till class is over. (On my phone XD)

nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

#6 Post by nebulaway »

pocoscon wrote: Thank you so much for your example. Will read it real soon, but can't till class is over. (On my phone XD)
Oh, it's no problem. XD I understand! I actually came back from work a while ago so I had to eat dinner and other things. :3 I actually have a day off tomorrow but I won't be online till about noon my time (since I have an interview tomorrow).
magical girl tears

current projects:
[ nothing (yet?) ]
always looking for a project to join as a writer!
please pm me if you'd like to collaborate with me!