Need Renpy Coder+Background artist for A Stroke of Madness

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
astrokeofmadness
Regular
Completed: AAA:Book 1
Projects: A Stroke of Apprehension

Need Renpy Coder+Background artist for A Stroke of Madness

#1 Post by astrokeofmadness »

Full information, albeit outdated a bit can be read here http://astrokeofmadness.com/ (obviously the character design changed, hahaha)

Project name- A Stroke of Madness
Genre- Mystery/drama
Themes- Forest, water, friendship, relationships, paranoia
Rating; PG/13, no explicit cursing, nudity

Plot summary:
Main character finds himself lost in the woods and unsure how he got there. He spends his time looking around and trying to remember what happened. The next day he finds a woman who is also lost and they begin to try and figure out why they are there. There will be Pre-forest scenes that divulge the events leading up to the start of the story. (An additional spoiler version can be PM'd, includes a hidden reveal that is integral to the story's conclusion)

I have a dedicated writer who has joined the team working on writing the story as I write this, and I am the primary artist/coder at the moment. I also have another person who is currently working on audio. I am looking for an additional artist to lighten my load, and perhaps someone who is good at coding to help with that as well. Below I will include examples of the current art direction.

Main Female Character-Wip, Ideally you can replicate this somewhat, or improve upon it. Alternatively you can be a colorist, and I could provide the linework.

Backgrounds- Wip

Jobs available:
artist- colorist, backgrounds
Coder- Adding code to script, editing GUI settings for maximum visibility etc
marketer- if someone really likes social media, then sure join the team!

Work completion:
The script is being written right now, but ignoring that the first 12 minutes or so were written up- albeit that is being rewritten as well. The writer has a basic outline of what to write for the first 4 days of the game, which can be broken down to about half of the game. I am currently working on the games first Splash page, and as shown above I have 2 backgrounds drawn up. I have another pose drawn up, and a few facial expressions. I have several not game related things created such as the labels on the website. The games total length will be around an hour, but it might stretch much longer depending on various things. (additional artists mean a longer game essentially)
If successful, and people enjoy the story, there will be additional chapters of the story to tell, and anyone on the team will be the first to be offered to rejoin me for the continuation.

Pay:
This is unpaid, with the possibility of payment later. I will be posting this on Kickstarter at a later date, probably in a Month, and if funded, you will be paid. (how much will be based on a percentage of total funding, and work created)

Feel free to post below if you have any questions or wish to apply.
Last edited by astrokeofmadness on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chimeko-san
Tumblr: melonchimes

Re: Additional artist+coder for A Stroke of Madness[Mystery]

#2 Post by chimeko-san »

Hi~! your project caught my interested in it ^.^!
I hope i could be of help ^^;

Im an animation student and i can do a lil animation on Flash and 3d (maya) and i can color, sprite and line art well ; w; / and i can do a bit of BG

here's my portfolio http://imgur.com/a/3W8bR

i hope i could be of use ^u^'

[ I'm so sorry if my English sounds so derpy XD, it isn't really my native lang. ]

astrokeofmadness
Regular

#3 Post by astrokeofmadness »

Thanks for the post, your work looks great- some of it a bit scary but still great XD I'm not sure how many people I want to bring onto the project in total, so I'll be leaving it open for a week or two. Would you mind making a demo sketch of the female character so I can see what your work would look like for the project specifically? Doesn't need to be fullbody or anything like that.

chimeko-san
Tumblr: melonchimes

#4 Post by chimeko-san »

astrokeofmadness wrote:Thanks for the post, your work looks great- some of it a bit scary but still great XD I'm not sure how many people I want to bring onto the project in total, so I'll be leaving it open for a week or two. Would you mind making a demo sketch of the female character so I can see what your work would look like for the project specifically? Doesn't need to be fullbody or anything like that.
Thank you XD ahehe scary is my forte~ ;D but i can manage simple and cute things to XD and alrighty ^.^ ~

here's the quick sketch :)
if there's something i left out, need to add or done wrong please let me know :D

astrokeofmadness
Regular

Re: Need Renpy Coder+Background artist for A Stroke of Madne

#5 Post by astrokeofmadness »

Edited topic title:

Could also use someone with knowledge of Renpy. I am pretty decent with understanding how the coding works, but I'm sure someone else could do it better then me. I'm currently stumped on how to run a video for the splashscreen, although it might be a filetype incompatibility.

At this point we are not in desperate need of an artist, but another person to help with backgrounds would be nice.(not refusing spriters, colorists etc)

Tobata

#6 Post by Tobata »

You can find the compatible video filetypes on this page: http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/reference/Movies.

Anthony

#7 Post by Anthony »

Hi there! I'm a music composer, just to give you an example, here's a track I composed some time ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3R7ifO60z8
I'm really interested in your project, so if you need a composer, it would be great if you could consider me ;)
In any case, good luck and keep on it ;)

Renpiased

#8 Post by Renpiased »

Still need a coder? Add me on Skype if you do, we can talk there.

astrokeofmadness
Regular

#9 Post by astrokeofmadness »

Renpiased wrote:Still need a coder? Add me on Skype if you do, we can talk there.
Ive been doing the coding myself but could definey use help. What is your skype? - also wont be home for another 3 hours so might have to talk tomorrow

Renpiased

#10 Post by Renpiased »

astrokeofmadness wrote:
Renpiased wrote:Still need a coder? Add me on Skype if you do, we can talk there.
Ive been doing the coding myself but could definey use help. What is your skype? - also wont be home for another 3 hours so might have to talk tomorrow
It should be under my name but it's awesome.god.12321

astrokeofmadness
Regular

#11 Post by astrokeofmadness »

Renpiased wrote:
astrokeofmadness wrote:
It should be under my name but it's awesome.god.12321
Yeah I realized that much later XD

Also added you on skype

Renpiased

#12 Post by Renpiased »

I didn't get the request, what's your skype name?