Convert your completed game to HTML5?

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

Convert your completed game to HTML5?

#1 Post by DrSchizo »

Hi,

I've been working on an RPG engine for some time now and it is already advanced enough to make visual novels. It is called Sandbox Adventure Engine (SAE).

You will find some very quick demos here: Sadik City, Queen At Arms, Wind Fortress (the last one is in french).

I've started working on a visual novel with several writers. Since the programming part is far ahead and I'm not one of the writers, it still have plenty of time before there is something I can work on. So I've decided to work on new features for the engine.

One of the feature I would definitely want to achieve is an automatic converter from and to Ren'Py. To do so, I am looking for a completed Ren'Py game so I can work on its importation to HTML5. If you've already finished a visual novel with Ren'Py (with no advanced python coding like puzzle) and you would like to import it to HTML5, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for reading.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: Convert your completed game to HTML5?

#2 Post by firecat »

wait, how is it possible i thought you cant turn renpy into HTML5 without completely redoing it for the HTML5 codes.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

Re: Convert your completed game to HTML5?

#3 Post by DrSchizo »

Ren'Py can't generate HTML5 game, but my framework SAE can. it is possible to parse .rpy files to retrieve informations that can be used by SAE. Of course, it won't be a one-click conversion but most work can be automated, leaving only relatively few things to be done manually.