Change right-click to prefs instead of save? +BONUS question

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
kamiomi

Change right-click to prefs instead of save? +BONUS question

#1 Post by kamiomi »

Long time no see! :mrgreen:

I have this tiny short little thing where saving the game is totally unnecessary, and I was wondering if there's a way to change it so that when I right-click (or hit Esc), it will go to the preferences menu instead of the regular game menu.

ALSO, I want to change the prefs screen a little, but I can't make heads or tails of it. I want to remove all the preferences except for fullscreen/window, and music volume, and add a box with just text (like "copyright 2007 etc.etc.") - to make the prefs screen into a basic "About/Option" screen.

I'm sure it's all possible, so my question is "how?"

Thanks!
:mrgreen:

kamiomi

Re: Change right-click to prefs instead of save? +BONUS question

#2 Post by kamiomi »

Okay, I figured out the solution to the main question -

In 00gamemenu.rpy I commented out:

Code: Select all

_game_menu_screen = "_save_screen"
-and changed it to:

Code: Select all

_game_menu_screen = "_prefs_screen"
I'm not sure if there's a way to change that in my own options script instead, but it'll work for my purposes.

As for my bonus question :mrgreen: I still need to know how to change the Preferences screen (basically taking just about everything out, and adding one widget for some text).