[CLOSED] writer needed for Always Remember Me sequel :)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

[CLOSED] writer needed for Always Remember Me sequel :)

#1 Post by jack_norton »

I've an idea for a sequel of my otome game Always Remember Me.
In practice this time the game will start that you're already married/a couple, and instead of romancing someone you'll need to face the various problems and try to stay together at the end of the story.
It's an experiment - since the narrative must be strictly connected to gameplay to work, I have written specific storyboards for each of the 10 scenes: you still have some freedom but each scene needs to include the elements I've described in the storyboard, since the endings will change based on previous decisions.
An example scene:
## SCENE 01 ##
Time: Normal weekday, evening
Eddy arrives at home after work, and greets Amy. However, Amy is about to leave for the night shift as nurse. They pretend that everything is OK, but suddenly Eddy asks if she feels OK, if there's anything wrong. Amy thinks that since they both started working, after the honeymoon, they had really little time for themselves. The honeymoon was fantastic, but now they barely see each other. However she doesn't know how Eddy would react.
CHOICES
1) Amy tells Eddy how she feels. Eddy is a bit confused, he asks her what she did expect when she became nurse, is obvious that they do weird hours. The discussion degenerates and they fight a bit, then Eddy apologizes, and Amy has to leave. As she walks to the hospital (they live nearby), she thinks that even if in the end they sort of "made peace", is obvious that there's something wrong between them.
2) Amy doesn't tell Eddy how she really feels. She says that she probably is just tired by the night shifts, and that is looking forward to spend some time with him. Eddy smiles and agrees with her. Amy leaves, and wonders if she did the right thing to lie to Eddy saying that everything was OK.
So as you can see there's enough freedom for you to write each dialogue but they need to include those specific character feelings.

I made only a path (Eddy's) for now because I want first to see how this works before going on with the others.

So if you're interested email me at Image WITH SAMPLES of your writing so I can judge it :) If you played the original game is a bonus but not required.
Last edited by jack_norton on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Tracy Bullet
Regular

Re: [PAID] writer needed for Always Remember Me sequel :)

#2 Post by Tracy Bullet »

Write the sequel to one of my favorite otomes ever? *fans self* I am geeking out. I am geeking out, here!
Definitely going to apply
And if I don't get it,
I will hold on to the email conversation for dear life anyways
Because it will mean I am talking to the Winterwolves people

Midori-chan

#3 Post by Midori-chan »

I recently bought Always Remember Me on Steam O: This is motivation to play it right away but worried I won't finish in time :(

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks for all the submissions, they are many! As always will be hard to pick just one, but I'll remind the ones not picked for future projects :)
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by jack_norton »

Position has been filled! I'll keep in mind the writers who I liked for future projects though :)
computer games