Fable of the Dragon-Tyrant: A Parable Against Death

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
SyronicHero
Projects: Deathwish ~ A Magical Girl Morality Play
IRC Nick: SyronicHero (or Syr, as Syron is taken.)

Fable of the Dragon-Tyrant: A Parable Against Death

#1 Post by SyronicHero »

Hey there, how do you do? For my first NaNoRenO project, I'd like to adapt this paper, written as a parable, into VN "NVL" format. (Whom I will credit even before reading begins; in the credits we'll link to his site and the story's original version.) The story is a parable about curing aging and eradicating death, which is now a scientific/medical possibility, should we funnel our efforts (and dollars) into life extension research.

As editor-in-chief (head of the project), I will adapt the first draft into script.rpy for NaNo and post it here. Unfortunately, coding is not my forte; while I may eventually distribute a version with public/CC assets, I'll also accept present or future contributions (BGM and BG illustrations), whether for the first publication or an improved edition (revised with original assets) at a future date. So far, however, it's just me, so expect a belated release. (My manifold creative pursuits tug at me from every which way.)

As the body of text is already public, and there is no concern for story concepts such as spoilers, you may openly discuss contributions and progress here.

With this, it would be nice if adapting works in the public domain or the Creative Commons becomes my NaNoRenO tradition. Next year, I'd like to adapt one of Doctorow's works, under the CC remix license; his style and themes fit well into contemporary issues and the VN demographic.

Thanks for reading and best of luck.
"We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are."
Writer and Editor for Hire | Honest Critique

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

Re: Fable of the Dragon-Tyrant: A Parable Against Death

#2 Post by paradigmshifty »

Sounds like an interesting project, can't wait to see what you make.

I like stories with a focus on infinite lifespans and what that means to what we consider as human! I won't read the story - I'll wait for the release so that it's all new to me.

I'd personally like to explore the idea of adapting other stories (short stories) into a visual novel format in the future, but I don't read a lot of stuff that's released under a CC license of any kind, so maybe just as a personal/test project.

Good luck!
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique