~ Ringmaster's Art Thread [Critiques Welcome] ~

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Ringmaster

~ Ringmaster's Art Thread [Critiques Welcome] ~

#1 Post by Ringmaster »

Hello! I'm new to this forum. :) Just finished this quick character design for a project I'm working on!
Attachments
pink-sketch-flat w logo.png

HiddenCreature
Regular
Projects: Vampire: The New Birth

Re: ~ Ringmaster's Art Thread [Critiques Welcome] ~

#2 Post by HiddenCreature »

First off, excellent picture :) I'm not that skilled in art, but I still have some critiques I hope will help.

The hair seems the be the part of drawing with the highest quality, both in texture and its lines.

You should make the lines of her pupils bolder, so they're more eye-catching. Otherwise, since they're right where the light is hitting her, it make them a bit harder to see because of the brightness.

A line on her midriff, is overlapping her shorts right above the button, giving the illusion she's chubby. It's the one swerving in an upper-right angle.

The lines on her shirt's star are a little crooked. I'd align those, or remove the star.

I get the feeling she's more feisty than cute. Maybe burrow her eyes a bit more, to give an expression with more attitude.

Lastly, that symbol to the right blends too well into the background. I'd either change the colors, or bold the lines. So it's easier to see, but doesn't draw attention away from the girl.